• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did I hear Nomura right?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Not every character gets his history spelled out, on several characters there is still something left uncertain and i.e. Terra's struggle with the darkness was also not always spelled out, but shown in how he reacts, which Sora also does, and more than any other character because he gets the most screentime (aside from Riku).

Sora and Riku had their reconcilement scene at the end of KH 2 on the dark beach and during various scenes in The world that never was before, even partly in CGI.
It was also already covered how Sora felt about it, as he didn't cease to search for Riku and also in his numerous encounters with Repliku (who he thought to be the real Riku) it was quite clearly shown that Sora already forgave Riku.
If one wants to be nitpicky one can even say he already forgave him way before in KH 1 when he realized he was controlled by Ansem SoD.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
A scene I do want to see and hasn't been done is the scene where Sora and Riku kind of talk about Riku's betrayal in KH1 and how Sora feels about it. I just feel that there's no closure to that at all. Nomura's going off on everything including what size shoe Xion and Roxas wears that he forgot about some more interesting and pressing issues.
But there was. Sora never blamed Riku.

Number Zero

You may be the only person who has no concept of who Sora is. This game series isn't about spelling everything out for you; read facial expressions, tones of voice, and watch for his tears. That's a way to find out who Sora is. Listen to what he says; dig a little deeper.

I agree. In fact, sadly, it took me awhile to figure out that this was what you had to do when watching cutscenes in Kingdom Hearts.

Problem with Sora is, there's no subtelty either. Whenever there's a scene he has a blank face. And honestly in a series where every character is getting their history spelled out to the viewer, I don't think it's wise to have a character that gets developed through subtelty and expressions. Just have it spelled like everyone else, otherwise do the same to every other character.

A scene I do want to see and hasn't been done is the scene where Sora and Riku kind of talk about Riku's betrayal in KH1 and how Sora feels about it. I just feel that there's no closure to that at all. Nomura's going off on everything including what size shoe Xion and Roxas wears that he forgot about some more interesting and pressing issues.

But Sora's about to have his big showing when he's out to rescue everybody. We've seen how sympathetic Data Sora's been, but now that Sora's got his own affairs out of the way he can set out to 'heal' TAV and RAX and understand their hardships and the pain they went through. We might even see some of that growth in KH:DDD, with some Riku development thrown in the mix.

As for Sora confronting Riku about his betrayel, Sora probably just feels that there's no need to talk about it. Actions speak louder than words. As far as Sora was concerned the only people to blame for Riku going nuts were Maleficent and "Ansem" SoD. Riku even put on a blindfold to hide his shame. Discussing it would be---I can't even think of a word---A bit late, maybe?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Problem with Sora is, there's no subtelty either. Whenever there's a scene he has a blank face. And honestly in a series where every character is getting their history spelled out to the viewer, I don't think it's wise to have a character that gets developed through subtelty and expressions. Just have it spelled like everyone else, otherwise do the same to every other character.

I feel like Sora wiping tears from his eyes isn't subtle. Speaking with disgust for the Organization wasn't very subtle. "I'm going to save Kairi! I'm going to find Riku!" wasn't very subtle either. "My friends are my power!" Wasn't subtle either. >____>

As said by the others, Sora has already put that behind him. And I believe DDD may touch on them and their trust with each other.

I agree. In fact, sadly, it took me awhile to figure out that this was what you had to do when watching cutscenes in Kingdom Hearts.
Nomura loves his mysteries and doesn't like to spell every little thing out. But I'm glad for it sometimes because it keeps this series in my mind.

One can never satisfy everyone, that's true in every area and every field, yet regarding Sora I found also that most people do understand quite well how Sora "ticks", what his motivations are and that he does have his doubts and inner conflicts.

Some people just want him to change so badly because they apparantly can't stand a more upbeat, friendly hero...although one had to wonder then...as i.e. Zidane from FF IX was also such a type of hero, or Tidus in X.
It boggles my mind why we have to see Sora become a douche or something to make him into a semblance of a 'real' person. xD Sora's very much to his core, a good person. I have a friend just like Sora. She's genuinely good and always wanting to help people; sure she gets annoyed and gets angry but she forgives easily. Sora is very much like a real, albeit rare, kid.

Still, I can relate to those who say that KH 2 somewhat butchered Sora's portrayal, as in most of the Disney "Filler"-worlds Sora's actions and behaviour didn't always match up.
Well, that sucked because COM gave him a lot of depth and development to end up rebooting him and started from the end of KH1 all over again. Lol.

chenoehii

Awards
I actually faceplamed at this...do you need everything spelt out in voice and/or delivered on a silver platter? One has eyes to look and then there's something called subtlety.
None of the things Taocha said about Sora are just theories, they are noticeable if one pays close attention.
Sora got quite a bunch of insight on how he "ticks" in KH 1, CoM and the story-relevant worlds in KH 2, which was sadly a whole whack discredited by his poor portrayal in "Filler"-worlds.

As for Roxas, Xion and Naminé, what gives you the right to say they are "insignificant"? Are you Nomura's ghost writer or what?
Blank Points and Re:Coded pretty much layed out that they are in fact still important to the series, as are TAV.
This isn't just a Sora-alone show...just because an important role is not yet obvious it doesn't mean there isn't one...this saga has still three games to go and don't forget the next saga.

I agree

lol you guys over here are arguing just as bad as me and Dayum over on the 3D Ending thread xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back