• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Destiny Place

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

advent wolf

I have no idea where to put this but maybe it's still a spoiler...

In KHII Riku had the keyblade Destiny Place and handed it to Kairi so my question is, why does Riku have this keyblade and how did he get it?

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
How he acquired the keychain isn't really elaborated on in game, but in the novel (or manga, can't remember which) he had "thoughts of home" enter his thoughts and there it was. A little finicky I know, but it's not like there aren't a ton of plotholes in the series as is.

advent wolf

Probably in the novel...
But seriously, why did they have to make Kairi a keyblade wielder?!
and if they had to, why was it in such a stupid way? I mean, we've seen this keyblade only once in the game and KAIRI was the wielder of it?
I understand that Aqua got this keyblade because Kairi gave her flowers or something but how in the world would Riku get it? did he meet Aqua in BbS? If he has can someone send a video?

Allister Rose

French Lover
It's different from just lending a keyblade then making one a keyblade wielder.

it's like saying jack sparrow is a keyblade wielder

advent wolf

But Nomura stated somewhere that Kairi's heart is strong enough to wield a keyblade
ok so even if Kairi can't wield a keyblade, how did Riku end up wielding Destiny Place?

advent wolf

I hope it will be explained sometime instead of being a plothole like Iridium said
Xehanort has nothing to do with this and instead of being random why not comment something that has something to do with the thread?

Samhain

Bronze Member
the keyblade that riku has is destiny place

and he already wielded way to the dawn at the same time

basically he was duel wielding and since there was another heart that lingered in him at the time which was xehanorts heartless who also is a keyblade user had an influence on riku wielding that 2nd keyblade.

Iridium

Awards
But Nomura stated somewhere that Kairi's heart is strong enough to wield a keyblade
ok so even if Kairi can't wield a keyblade, how did Riku end up wielding Destiny Place?

Wouldn't mind seeing where you got this from. Aside from "Another Report" I don't remember any mention of Kairi and said keychain.

Sure she may be one of the 7PoH but that doesn't necessarily make her heart strong enough to be a qualified wielder.

Allister Rose

French Lover
the keyblade that riku has is destiny place

and he already wielded way to the dawn at the same time

basically he was duel wielding and since there was another heart that lingered in him at the time which was xehanorts heartless who also is a keyblade user had an influence on riku wielding that 2nd keyblade.

actually we dont know if he wielded destiny place at the same time, i thought he learned to wield it after COM.

and from what i can gather, sure another heart would be good, but after he lost XH's heart, does he still wield destiny place?

advent wolf

"and while there are certain unknown reasons as to why Kairi was able to wield it, it is known that it is in part due to the strength of her heart" - KHWikia
Now I start to doubt about it myself....

@Samhain I agree that Xehanort's Heartless was in Riku but why would Riku dual wield Way to Dawn and Destiny Place instead of MX's keyblade?

Samhain

Bronze Member
actually we dont know if he wielded destiny place at the same time, i thought he learned to wield it after COM.
he wielded way to the dawn and destiny place at the same time.

remember when he handed that keyblade to kairi? he already had way to the dawn and still was using it while kairi was using destiny place.
and from what i can gather, sure another heart would be good, but after he lost XH's heart, does he still wield destiny place?
see THAT'S the mystery.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I highly suggest you do not trust everything kingdom hearts wikia says. they add there own theories and add speculation

EDIT:

he wielded way to the dawn and destiny place at the same time.

remember when he handed that keyblade to kairi? he already had way to the dawn and still was using it while kairi was using destiny place.

see THAT'S the mystery.

we only saw him wield it at the same time, we dont know when he learned to wield both of them simultaneously

Samhain

Bronze Member
"
@Samhain I agree that Xehanort's Heartless was in Riku but why would Riku dual wield Way to Dawn and Destiny Place instead of MX's keyblade?
same thing of why xehanorts heartless couldnt use master xehanorts keyblade and only summoned his gaurdian.

simply put riku didnt know how to acess master xehanorts keyblade because xehanorts heartless didnt know how to acess his own keyblade since the whole memory loss

Allister Rose

French Lover
I doubt a heartless could wield a keyblade. and this still doesnt explain MX's connection to destiny place.

advent wolf

Probably right^
But I still don't get it why Destiny Place?
If he were to meet Aqua after she got DP maybe it would be possible for him to wield it but I haven't seen any videos of Aqua and Riku in BbS

Samhain

Bronze Member
well i hav 2 choices on that

1- master xehanort's homeland IS destiny islands and since xehanorts heartless is master xehanort himself theres a connection right there
2-i was mainly speakin about rikus memorries of destiny islands got him that keyblade but for him to actually use it and "duel wield" he has to hav another heart which was xehanorts heartless which allowed riku to use it.

since xehanorts heartless left riku thats why he cant use destiny place anymore.

and heartless ..idk if they can use keyblades.
they ARE hearts. xehanorts heartless is a one of a kind. he used a keyblade. sure it was fake but he used it.

and what bout his gaurdian? that can easily be his keyblade but xehanorts heartless unlike terranort didnt know how to access his own keyblade. the only way he can kind of access it is by using the guardian since i beleve that guardian is mx' keyblade

Iridium

Awards
If he were to meet Aqua after she got DP maybe it would be possible for him to wield it but I haven't seen any videos of Aqua and Riku in BbS

If he came into contact with Aqua naturally he would have gotten her out of the realm of darkness. But since that isn't the case, we have to assume it wasn't through direct contact with her. Exactly why Riku's memory of Destiny Islands concocted the keychain is unknown, but if you think about it the names are quite similar.

Actually if you think about it it's quite symbolic.

and heartless ..idk if they can use keyblades.
they ARE hearts. xehanorts heartless is a one of a kind. he used a keyblade. sure it was fake but he used it.

The properties of an artificial keyblade and a real one are similar, but that doesn't mean he's able to wield an actual keyblade. Though it's still up to debate if a heartless can wield a keyblade. Though I'd like to think their hearts are too tainted to be capable of it. Not to mention the heartless fear the keyblade.

and what bout his gaurdian? that can easily be his keyblade but xehanorts heartless unlike terranort didnt know how to access his own keyblade. the only way he can kind of access it is by using the guardian since i beleve that guardian is mx' keyblade

?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back