• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Demon's Dance: Chapter 9

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Demon's Dance: Chapter 6

Gonna put this on hold. My writing has been rusty since my absence, not to mention I don't really have any future ideas.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

Just wanna say that I'm soooo ready to get back on this. Even more excited than My Wonderland, actually.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Just wanna say that I'm soooo ready to get back on this. Even more excited than My Wonderland, actually.

I eagerly look forward to you updating this then, Buffer! <3 I got really excited when I saw you posted in here and thought there was a new update already. lol. xD

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

I'm going to split this chapter into two parts, due to being on a frustrating PC. So here is what I wrote so far. I'll write part 2 in a couple of hours to tomorrow, I really took some time using ideas. Also, thanks Cinder for providing me with ideas for further chapters.
Demon's Dance: Part 1 of Chapter 7

flashback

"My Queen, are you sure of this? The humans still have an advantage." Kesam asked, shaking her head.

"The rarity of light-based magic has increased, we have a chance to defeat the humans, and we will give justice to our kingdom of the Underworld." Edith explained, patting Kesam's shoulder, "I can entrust you to protect our kingdom at all cost. Promise that for me."

"Yes, My Queen." Kesam said, bowing down before leaving the room. I saw her leaving there, using the same smirk she uses at me all the time.

Kesam was a kid wonder. She killed her first human at age 8 and is currently defending the Underworld alongside other demons despite being 13 at the time. Damn, I still didn't know Kesam's name, I just thought she was just like everyone else.

"Mother? Can I come?" I asked her.

"Stay here, little boy. The human world is no place for someone like you." Edith said, looking down at my naive self.

"But, I can be just as good as Kesam! She gets to fight everyone and everything when all the other demons can't!" I yelled at her.

"Kesam isn't my daughter. Unlike you, I won't care if I risk her life." Edith explained, being completely blunt on her opinion on Kesam.

"Please, mother. I want to fight." I told her once more.

"My little foolish boy, you'd get yourself killed. Do you want to get easily slaughtered out there just like.... like your...." Edith paused, talking a while before she could talk again, "Heh.... Blaze.... The kids need your help. Kesam will be fighting with the adults, the adults will be with her, and I need someone to guard the children. You can do it, so stay."

present

I was encouraged that day. I believed I could defend anyone, and free anyone from anything, and today, I still do, but I just can't. Sometimes I feel like protecting something more pathetic and petty would make myself feel more... stronger. But everyone here is more pathetic than me... but maybe not her. I can't underestimate her, not after what she did. But I was willing to protect someone that wasn't pathetic, even if he was a human, and she looks so much like him, and she's just as strong as him.

Waking up, changing my clothes, and getting up for a new day, I knew I was so close to finding out some answers. I've wondered before what my reward could be. Maybe Kesam might let me join the Demon Warriors, or maybe the Crimson Demon, or the Raging Demon. Psh, stupid names they are. I heard a knock at the door, it must've been Fauna. I'm actually happy to see her, knowing that this day might be interesting.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Demon's Dance: Chapter 7

Wow, we finally get to see what life Blaze has had. Kesam is someone I'll probably be suspicious of for a while now after reading this chapter. Furthermore, Edith's goals are certainly interesting to say the least before her downfall. I wonder if it may of been her husband that made her halt from saying more? Or if there's another person that meant something to her as the demon queen? So much strife between humans and demons. I wonder who is really the lesser evil of the two? Anyways, I like that Blaze still has that ambition to protect someone, even if he's too weak to do it. Really awesome chapter. Can't wait to dive into part two! :) Well worth the wait. <3

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

Wow, we finally get to see what life Blaze has had. Kesam is someone I'll probably be suspicious of for a while now after reading this chapter. Furthermore, Edith's goals are certainly interesting to say the least before her downfall. I wonder if it may of been her husband that made her halt from saying more? Or if there's another person that meant something to her as the demon queen? So much strife between humans and demons. I wonder who is really the lesser evil of the two? Anyways, I like that Blaze still has that ambition to protect someone, even if he's too weak to do it. Really awesome chapter. Can't wait to dive into part two! :) Well worth the wait. <3
To give some hype, it's actually unknown if Blaze's father is alive or not, and there's a lot of people Edith may have been in love with or just simply trusted.

Nice to know you enjoyed it.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

To make up for this filler chapter, I am going to make chapter 8 pretty long. Enjoy!

Demon's Dance: Part 2 of Chapter 7

Blaze's point of view

"Hello, Blaze! I just bought some tickets to the train nearby the clostest mall. It would take three days to arrive at the WHS (western hemisphere. Dumb acronym, but I needed to shorten it). My father promised to take over until then. Oh, and my best friend is going to tag along!" Fauna explained.

"Woah, wait. Best friend?" I asked.

"Well... she's pretty eccentric, but she would love to meet you." Fauna said, sparking a look of excitement.

Fauna dragged me out of the room before I could say a word. We both have arrived to the mall, where a train station was right next to it. Right near us, there was a redheaded girl with freckles, curly hair, wearing trendy clothing. She walks right to us and hugged Fauna, with Fauna hugging her back.

"Fauna, it is so good to see you!" She said. She then made eye contact at me, pulled Fauna closer to her, and whispered in her ear. The two had a conversation that I couldn't hear or follow for two complete minutes. The two girls stopped talking and looked at me.

"Hello, I'm Pepper! And you look kind of cute, and weird! But mostly cute, anyway!" Pepper said, giggling.

Fauna nudged her shoulder at Pepper. "Pepper, don't say stuff like that!"

I was put in an awkward position. I just wanted to find clues on my mother's death, but apparently I'm dragged into some girlish foolishness with meeting the most annoying women I had ever seen. I had to act normal somehow, but I just can't help feeling damn annoyed. Veplon and Lemur never treated me like this. Pfft, maybe I should get used to it, I have to act "normal" after all, so I just have to pull this off.

"Thank you, but all of my interest is in Fauna at the moment." I explained. I hated lying because I actually wasn't attracted to her at all, and I don't want to get involved into any... fantasy of hers, but it is the only way to win her trust, and if she can rush through a relationship, this would be much easier.

"What! You like Fauna? Fauna, a boy likes you!" Pepper exclaimed.

Fauna rolled her eyes. "Let's leave the joking for later, my friends. We have the WHS to go to." Fauna said passing by us, walking to the train station. Pepper shrugged and followed along. I just stood there in complete shock. She dissed that so easily? Wow, she's some human, well, she's the only human I know. I followed the two, being way behind as we've arrived to the train station. Us three boarded onto the latest train. Everybody we saw there looked weird. I saw all kinds of humans. Fat humans, skinny humans and... is that a human child? Pepper and Fauna took a seat next to each other. I sat down on a seat across them next to a woman on her phone.

"Damn it! I told you to kill those dried, disgusting looking grease monkeys when you had the chance! What? No, of course I don't have the money to hire a demon hunter, let alone one of those greedy Demon's Dance assholes! Fine, I will take care of those hellish beasts myself. Good day, moron!" The woman yelled repeatedly, hanging up her phone.

"Excu-" I said before being interrupted by her.

"Shut the hell up. Can't you see I'm being aggravated here? It's not like a teenage boy such as yourself would understand." She said rudely to me.

What a heavily toxic woman. If she was ever treated like a demon price here, I would no doubt execute her ass. Fauna and Pepper sat there and watched us arguing.

"It's not like I care. I just want to relax on this train. I've dealt with pests before, but I'm sitting next to the biggest one of all." I stated.

"How dare you! I had spend YEARS trying to watch over my house, and those bloody demons keep coming back!" She said, yelling at me.

"Then move to a new home." I said.

"I can't. It's the only thing I have left of my family!" She yelled.

"Then let the house go. If you really wanted to do your family good, they'd sacrifice anything to keep your ass alive." I told her.

Irritated, the woman stood up and left the seat, moving to the empty ones in the back. She sat there crying and sobbing so loudly, that everybody could hear her. Fauna got up her seat and sat next to me.

"Care to explain what just happened a minute ago?' She asked.

"I'd rather not talk about it." I told her.

I'm slowly revealing my true nature, mostly my true personality. I need to keep it in check.

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

Having a hard time getting on a decent PC since my brother is getting a lot of turns on it. The new chapter will be paused until tomorrow maybe.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

That's alright. Whenever you can update chapter 8. it'll be awesome and worth the wait. ;3

In the meantime, chapter 7. was great! I actually thought it was pretty hilarious how Blaze just openly says he likes Fauna and being kind of rejected on the spot. I guess him being blunt would go over anyone's head as a joke. Anyways, I wonder why they're heading to the Western Hemisphere for? :3 Otherwise, I like the new introduction of Pepper and the aggravated woman on the train. Mm, I don't think Blaze has to entirely hold himself back with being himself, cause his personality shouldn't give it away that he's a demon. xD But that's just me.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

Okay, I'm SOOOOO sorry if this may seem rushed. If the new turn is too early, I can most likely rewrite this chapter (of course it could be time consuming). But I thought Blaze's turn wouldn't last long, so I've decided to cut it short. Once again, I apologize. I've tried the best I could. The next chapter will definitely be of Fauna's point of view after this. Please don't mind if this chapter is overdramatic. I... don't write drama very well :p

Demon's Dance: Chapter 8

Blaze's point of view

"Want to explain what that was about?" Fauna asked me.

Fauna gave me a very weird look, like she knew something was up. Does she think I'm a demon or an asshole, or both?

"I was just telling her to stop bothering me. She was a very rude woman." I stated.

"Don't blame her. She had a hard time. We all did. You know what it's like, too." Fauna said.

What does she mean? It's the fault of the humans that made them like this. If only they had surrendered years ago, none of this would've happened. I can't blow my cover this time.

"You're right, Fauna." I said.

Fauna smiled and sat right next to me. Surely, this is going to be a long trip. We watched out the window for hours, playing games with Pepper, and just sitting down and relax. Suddenly after that, we saw two demons near the train. They spotted right at me and grinned. Fauna looked at me and spotted the demons outside. She panicked and told everybody and everyone stared at the demons in fear. The demons were tampering with the train tracks, using hammers and axes to destroy the ones we were about to cross. Everybody was in fear, they turned on their phones and called the police. The demons smiled as everyone was screaming in terror. Of course, I could've done something about it, but my cover is fundamental.

"Calm down, everyone! We will call the Demon's Dance Headquarters and they will exterminate those hellish beasts." The conductor said.

"No need to worry, sir. My name is Fauna Ferland, killer of the Demon Queen. This man is named Blaze. We are here to kill the beasts!" Fauna shouted.

"Fauna Ferland?! At my train?! Oh, thank god. We're gonna be safe!" The conductor said, "My name is Kain, I'm the conductor, I was a former demon hunter. I'm rusty, but I may have some weapons to help you. I'll give you these old-school swords. They're old, but might be effective." Kain said, quickly going into the back of the train and getting some swords in the storage.

"I was saving these for a rainy day, and it looks like it could be of use now." Kain explained.

Fauna looked nervous, as if she never wielded a sword before. I could remember when she said swords aren't commonly used nowadays. Heh, these humans throw away everything. It's a good thing my skill is of importance.

"I wish I had a pistol ma'am, but these swords are all I've got." Kain said.

"It's fine. I'll be fine with them. See? I'm fine" Fauna said in slight panic.

Kain gave us the blades. Fauna didn't even have a proper stance to fight in them right. I knew I had to help her, but helping a human is probably taboo from where I live. Not like I cared for the religion or customs, so I'll just do what I need to do.

"Fauna, stay focused. Keep your knees apart and keep going forward." I said to her.

"Thank you, Blaze..." Fauna said, looking more confident.

We busted out of the train as we saw the two demons continuously destroying the tracks. They immediately noticed Fauna and I, and quickly bowed down to me, knowing my identity. This isn't good, Fauna will know what's up. I guess I'll have to pretend that I'm punishing them, and be subtle about it.

"You demons are a disgrace. Die now. Perish now." I said

"W-why? What did we do wrong?" One of the demons said.

"You committed crimes, horrible crimes against us." I scolded them.

The demons looked away from me in shame, "You know what we have to do. We can't live anymore." They whispered. The demons turned around and looked at me, they nodded and closed their eyes and opened their arms at us.

"Kill... us...." They both said.

"What? You're giving up just like that? Blaze... You... convinced them like that. How did you do that?" Fauna asked.

"They simply knew their wrongdoing." I stated.

"Don't give me that bullshit. How did you do that? Tell me, Blaze!" Fauna said with a feared look.

"I don't know." I whispered.

"You're... special, aren't you?" Fauna looked down, and looked at me, "Demons kill and destroy, they don't take orders, they only kill. For years and years nobody could convince them. For years and years, they would only eat and kill for fun. Why didn't they look that way at you? They looked like they worshiped you."

Fauna backed away slightly at me, looking frightened more than ever.

"Just kill them, Blaze. Just do it." Fauna demanded me to do.

I don't get it. Does she know I'm a demon? Or does she think I'm just special of some sort. She looks so confused.

"Demon Prince! Kill us already!" One of the demons ordered.

"You're.... WHAT?" Fauna looked at me at shock.

Dammit! They blew my cover. I'm such an idiot. Why didn't I think of this sooner? This is something I can't get out of. This is a terrible thing to sign up for. But... I could just kill Fauna and it would be over with. Yes, that's all I need to do! I grabbed Fauna's arm and put the sword around her throat. Fauna struggling getting her arm out, but my inhuman strength from my demon abilities made it nearly impossible.

"If all of you call the police, I will slit this woman's throat." I said, looking at the demons, "Get up. I used to be undercover. You're safe now." I said to the other demons there.

"Damn! Ferland's daughter is in danger." Kain yelled, " Everyone! Escape the train! Do anything you can!"

"I'll order them to destroy the train and eat you all if you move." I threatened them.

The demons thanked me and got up. Both of them lifted the train, with their inhuman strength, and waited for me to order them to turn it over.

"I should've known! All this time, I thought I could be a hero, but I was just a target. I'm so naive... And everybody is going to die because of me." Fauna whispered to herself.

"Stop talking or I'll kill you." I said to her, looking annoyed, "...Flip the train."

The two demons flipped the train, and as the train smashed, it exploded. It didn't take me that long to realize it was going to hit me and Fauna, too. It knocked everybody out... including myself.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Demon's Dance: Chapter 8

That escalated quickly. Shame so many died from the explosion but, if you're a demon prince, you're not likely to care too much about the casualties. Fauna, you were naive. Of course, Blaze is also a bit of a dummy for not getting word around he was going undercover in the human world. Well, I look forward to seeing where this goes next. :D

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

That escalated quickly. Shame so many died from the explosion but, if you're a demon prince, you're not likely to care too much about the casualties. Fauna, you were naive. Of course, Blaze is also a bit of a dummy for not getting word around he was going undercover in the human world. Well, I look forward to seeing where this goes next. :D
Thanks, Cinder. Recommend I remake the chapter or no?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Thanks, Cinder. Recommend I remake the chapter or no?

Welcome, Buffer! :) Nah, I liked it as it was but, if you wish to improve on it any then, yeah, remake it. lol. (xD)

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

Welcome, Buffer! :) Nah, I liked it as it was but, if you wish to improve on it any then, yeah, remake it. lol. (xD)
Thanks! I'll stick with it since I'm really wanting to go a different direction. Maybe I'll do so when I become better at writing.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Thanks! I'll stick with it since I'm really wanting to go a different direction. Maybe I'll do so when I become better at writing.

Welcome! Happy to help any time! I gotcha. Can't wait to see what direction you go in! And a lot of writers do that. So you can always go back to it later to remake. :)

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards

So, I hope this new turn will eventually lead to an interesting start. Hey, maybe this chapter will be a start of a new beginning! If anybody has questions of Fauna's motivations, just ask me!

Demon's Dance: Chapter 9

Fauna's POV

8:55 PM at night. The train is on fire. Lots of corpses and the people on the train? Dead. Four people and I've managed to survive the deadly attack. Pepper just sat there, with her leg entirely broken. The one survivor called their loved ones to pick him up on from his shattered phone. Blaze was lying on the floor, not dead, but unconsious. Kain was fully awake, and seemed shocked by the destruction of his train and killing of the people.

"Ouch..." I said, as I touched my wound. My rib is most likely damaged, and my face is full of crap. "I need some time to... recover."

But then I saw Blaze lying there. He is... the prince of the demons. He must've came to kill me. "Dammit!" I said, "Why didn't I see this earlier?! I knew they would come for me, but I thought I could do anything. But I can't." I said to myself, monologuing again.

I sat there, thinking, what I could've done if I knew something was up. Why did Blaze come alone to kill me? He may be angry at me for killing his mother, but why did he do this by himself? I cannot just leave him here. I... need answers. And I'm very well going to get it out of him.

"Fauna.... Did you call your father?" Pepper asked, as she slowly woke up.

"I can't. I have to do something first." I said.

"Young woman, would you two like a ride? My wife is about arrive in two hours. We are heading back to the eastern country." Kain requested.

"Take Pepper home. I have business with this demon." I told him.

The survivor nodded, "Be careful." he said as he slowly got up, taking Pepper's arm away from the train and follows the train tracks back to the east. "How am I sure I can trust you?" Pepper asked the survivor." The surivior chuckled. "When you are against an army of homicidal demons, you can trust anybody." He said as they slowly walked away.

"Prince Blaze, you're mine." I said to him. I already wanted to kill him, just like I did to his mother. How could a family of such distasteful animals be royalty? I carried the body to a nearby tree, used my scarf to tie him up. It's not enough, but I have one of Kain's swords to peel him with if he makes another move. I slowly stood up, putting a sword at his face and waiting if he wakes up. For hours and hours, I thought how this conversation will end up. It only took several hours until Blaze started to lift his eyes, moaning from his pain, looking at me.

"Fauna..." Blaze said.

Shocked as he woke up, I put the sword against his throat. "Don't move! You'll pay for what you did to these innocent people, to every piece of humanity in this world!" I yelled at him. Blaze just stood there, laughing.

"I came here because I was ordered to, for my own amusment. I wanted to see what kind of human you were, powerful enough to murder my mother." Blaze explained.

"You don't care for your mother?" I questioned.

"My mother acted like she loved me, but she just wanted me to be a demon, not who I really am. She spent years and years ignoring that side of me, and wanted me to become the beast that she is. And after all these years, I was taught how humans were so weak-willed and simple-minded, until you took her life away. I wanted to know how a mere human could do that." Blaze said once again.

I pulled the sword further away from Blaze's throat. "So, did you come to kill me?" I asked him.

"I don't know who you are, or what you are. I wanted to know before I could consider any actions." Blaze told me.

"...Get out of here, Prince." I demanded. I got up and took the sword with me, walking away slowly. Blaze sighed as he saw me walk away, and slowly coughed in pain. Is Blaze half-man? If so, who is his father? Should I just leave him to die like this? Of course, he is a demon, too. I don't know how to think. I turned around and asked him, "Any demon would kill and eat. Why didn't you eat me?" I asked.

"Heh, I'm half-human, you really think I'd eat human flesh?" Blaze asked.

I have so much questions, but I need answers, and this may be my only chance. I cannot let him die... not yet. I walked back to blaze, and untied him from the ropes, he was too injured to do anything, but I still held a sword against his neck.

"I want you to answer everything I need to know... then I will consider your freedom. Deal?" I asked.

Blaze looked at me, surprised. "And what if I take advantage of this freedom?" He asked.

"Then I will kill you, just like I did to your mother." I told him.

Blaze nodded and continued to walked slowly as he lumped due to his pain. I helped him up as I said, "We will find a nearby place, then you will give all your answers to me."

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Wow, Fauna showing some backbone about the betrayal is really refreshing. Somewhat in awe of her. I'm curious how well she'll feel about her answers from Blaze. I'm glad Pepper didn't die, cause that'd be terrible for her. Otherwise, I'm not sure freeing the demon prince is a smart move on her part. BUT lots of stuff could happen because of it. And there might be a way to keep Blaze from having all of his freedom. Depending on what Fauna does. xD Overall, I was jumping for joy to read this chapter. <3

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Wow, Fauna showing some backbone about the betrayal is really refreshing. Somewhat in awe of her. I'm curious how well she'll feel about her answers from Blaze. I'm glad Pepper didn't die, cause that'd be terrible for her. Otherwise, I'm not sure freeing the demon prince is a smart move on her part. BUT lots of stuff could happen because of it. And there might be a way to keep Blaze from having all of his freedom. Depending on what Fauna does. xD Overall, I was jumping for joy to read this chapter. <3
Thank you! Yeah, I can understand confusing over Fauna's choice. I know she's up to something, but I have yet to write that up! Glad you enjoyed this chapter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back