• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Dark Shadows

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Witch of Space

Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are tagteaming for yet another film.

Oh boy. This time it's Dark Shadows. A piece of my almost-untouched-by-soiled-hands, virgin, childhood fandom.
Oh.
Oh my.
Well then...
I suppose I'm some sort of hipster, now, aren't I?
Or something else that you would call it, I'm not sure.

Either way, it's from the old Gothic Soap Opera TV Series from the 60's which was the first Supernatural Drama ever.
Basically it's about an "orphan"(not really but okey) who comes to Collinwood where odd happenings have occured for years; mostly focusing around the Collin's Family.
Who, by the way, are a bunch of rich snobs who have brought up almost all of these supernatural events upon themselves, although, they'll never admit to it, really.

Erhm.
Let's see...
If my memory serves me right there were Vampires(and I mean actual vampires), Ghosts, Werewolves, Zombies, Aliens, Disfigured limbs that crawl about, Dead Ancestors wanting revenge, Parallel Timelines, Witches, Voodoo, and all that good stuff.
Oh.
And Barnabas.
Barnabas (who will be played by Johnny Depp) is basically...
A creeper.
He's...
Uh....
He's the Eridan of Dark Shadows.
No one wants him(and for good reasons, too)

Of course, since this is a remake; all of this will be changed(most likely) as most remakes of series are subjected to this.

Basically, I hope this film does the series some justice and is still enjoyable to watch.

Oh right. Pictures. Of course, Pictures.
Here's the cast.
Dark+Shadows+01.jpg

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Do I see Helena Bonham Carter in the red hair? I believe I do. Oh Burton, you're simply hopeless without Depp and Carter aren't you?
I've never seen the original, so I won't notice any changes. I hadn't heard of this before so maybe I'll give it a shot.

Witch of Space

If you watch Dark Shadows, you might want to skip The Beginning.
It's ever-so-slightly boring.
It's also labled as The Beginning so you know what you're going to get.

Also, Helena will be playing Doctor Julia Hoffman.
Not that it makes any difference since most of you have no idea what the series was to begin with, anyway, but I figured I should give the character a name to go by.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Why does that picture look eerily similar to American Horror Story's opening title thing?

._.

Sounds like it might be good, but I'm unsure whether I'll actually see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back