• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Daring Assumption about Kairi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeal

Website
www.stud.uni-giessen.de
There was something sticking in my mind all the time I didn't like. But since I can make no sense out of it, I just post it.

Some of you may know that I support the theory that Sora is just the memory of BHK, posted here; http://forums.khinsider.com/showthread.php?t=24234

Now I started thinking that all may just as well be a dream of Kairi. Maybe all of KH1 way just a girls dream of being a princess, who wanted to saved by her hero. But now she's grown up and forgot about Sora, the hero of her childhood.

But Sora still exists in the world of fantasy (again compare to Phantasien of "The Neverending Story" by Michael Ende) and his mission is to remind the world of the importance of fantasy.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
So how would a talking dog and duck fit into a princess dream of a small girl?
I see what ur saying, but no!!!

Geo Sephiroth

Uh, no. I really think this sounds kinda far- fetched. You get an A for Effort though. Let me make some corrections. Your key mistake was that you took down the whole foundation of KH1 and Chain of Memories. If this was true, Nomura would've intionally made the story revolve more around Kairi, and there would've been clues hinting to this. Nice try though. You should go write a story.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I hate the whole 'everythings a dream', 'oh, everyone is Fake and BHK's the only real one', 'Yeah, none of KH1 actually happened and it was jsut Sora drweaming in the pod' theories <_<

I mean, seriosuly, what the f*ck >_>.

Something like this would totally ruin the entire game and some people are actually supporting it?

Zeal

Website
www.stud.uni-giessen.de
No, in my opinion it would not ruin the game at all. It would enhance it about a new dimension. Furthermore it would give it a reason to exist beside the just commercial and economic aspect.

It would become more a piece of art, like literature since beside the action it would transport a very important message to all different kinds of audiences, not just kids.

It would be something if done right be a milestone in videogame history, changing videogames into an accepted cultural part like opera, music, movies, books and so on

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
How would it be better?

If that was true, then the god damn ending scene would be:

*sora wakes up*
Sora; damn, I gotta lay off the disney movies

How is that history worthy?! How is that literature?!/ How is that magnificent in any way?!

Zeal

Website
www.stud.uni-giessen.de
TheMuffinMan said:
How would it be better?

How is that history worthy?! How is that literature?!/ How is that magnificent in any way?!

MuffinMan, you have never understood what I was really talking about, did you? In all my post regarding this subject I pointed out very clearly, that Sora will definetely NOT wake up in the END of the game and realize it's all a dream.

More than once I said, that the realization that it was fiction will happen during the game, not later than the middle of it, perhaps even quite close to the beginning.

Have you ever read and understood the references I cited, like "The Neverending Story" and I don't mean the movies here. It is not that the actions that happend in KH don't matter, it is just another dimension, the dimension of fiction and fantasy. Phantasien as called by Michael Ende, this place is threatend by the void, the symbol that humans in the real world forget about fantasy and don't dream anymore. So this world starts to fade.

In KH this void are the heartless, it is actually a quite similar phenomenon, how they creep into new parts and spread, destroying where they passed.

I might be completely wrong, but it doesn't matter to me, but in my opinion when BHK awakes and realizes his heart which is Sora he will become destined to save Phantasien by fighting Heartless and Nobody, symbolizing he fights the forgetting of the people. This will be a MAJOR part of the plot.

My theory explains why Sora can team up and travel all the different worlds of the Disney and SquareEnix universe very satisfiing in my opinion. It is furthermore surely in the interest of both Disney and SquareEnix to tell people the message that dreaming is good, because it is right their business.

I don't want to continue any further since all was said before in the post I referenced up in the thread starter.

chasingdusk

I respect your theories a lot Zeal. I remember reading that thread that you posted up at the top, it was brilliant.

"I might be completely wrong, but it doesn't matter to me, but in my opinion when BHK awakes and realizes his heart which is Sora he will become destined to save Phantasien by fighting Heartless and Nobody, symbolizing he fights the forgetting of the people. This will be a MAJOR part of the plot."

^ I seriously believe that this could quite possibly be one of the many motives for the game. Or who knows Nomura will probably suprise us all with the true meaning behind the game.

Zeal

Website
www.stud.uni-giessen.de
I just read the rumored "Passion" lyrics they roughly translated on KHU, I just love how they fit into my theory ;) :

Thinking about it far, far back
The future was shining everywhere
Beneath a beautiful blue sky
We were only afraid slightly.

The window is dyed in a familiar colour.

If we keep heading forwards will we meet again?
The future continues to infinity
Beneath the big signboard,
We were looking at the changes of our era.

To the people we'll never meet again there
We'll open a window.

Thinking about it far, far back
The future was shining everywhere.
And beneath a beautiful blue sky
We were sleeping forever.

Those people we loved long ago
It looks like a child will be born in winter
Those things that were certain long ago
We would like to question them.
Those things we could never forget
Are like mementos attached to a photograph.
Those things we couldn't do,
I will remember them fondly.

Kairi_FanBoy

Holy Crap, I appricate the depth of thought you put into your idea and think you could be a good story writer, but you totaly missunderstood that song. It's about being seperated from someone you love fro a long time and then searching and junk, and the whole it's all a dream thing, like people said There hasn't been enough hinting to that. And COM puts that idea out of the loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back