• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dance water Dance FFS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.korytco

I am so sick of this boss. It is so stupid. He makes water monsters on his quitar, there is a time limit to kill those monsters. The 1st set is not so bad but the 2nd is a pain in the ass. You have to lock onto a water monster and throw it at others. Doesnt sound too hard expect the stupid game only locks on when it feels like it and not when you tell it to. I dont mean the lock on, I mean the traingle action lock on. It is defective.

Once you get past the second stage of water throwing , he becomes insanely and stupidly hard. He builds tusuami walls and walks with them in front of him. Damaging you and you cant even get close when you run away the waves chase after you killing you ...it is a frantic stupidity. Then after you beat that there is another set of 10 monsters to kill in 10 seconds, followed by more fighting, followed by another set, followed by another and another. This is the 1st time i have thrown the controller for this game. I am pissed at this game. I was loving it up until now. This is stupid.

I still have not beat him,.

Last edited by a moderator:

gottaluvkh1992

Koudelka's Servant
Ok first dont post.

I got stuck on Demyx as well, try to pressing triangle and x rapidily when he does that, and try to have a high attack so you can beat them more easily, and get a high attack to hurt Demyx as well. Try valor on him, but if he uses clones while your in valor form change back.

dr.korytco

Ok first dont post.
Ok I wont "double post" that is what you mean right?

I got stuck on Demyx as well, try to pressing triangle and x rapidily when he does that, and try to have a high attack so you can beat them more easily, and get a high attack to hurt Demyx as well. Try valor on him, but if he uses clones while your in valor form change back.

Ok thanks for the advice I will try again. I hate this battle.

D

Deleted member 36435

Boss Battle - Demyx
Demyx is an exercise in frustration, thanks to his control over water. Like in the Underworld he will send water forms after you, which you must destroy 50 of them in 40 seconds to even start the battle. The Reaction Command will be needed for this battle. As soon as the last one is gone, Demyx will be dazed, so combo him and get as many hits as possible in. His favorite attack is a rushing dash that leaves water geysers behind, followed by a circular geyser attack that will bounce you high. Without the Aerial Recovery ability, this battle becomes twice as hard; if you recover too high up, Demyx will continually bounce you with his attacks. He also loves to shoot bubbles at you in rapid succession, and cause large water orbs to rain down on you. If you are lucky enough to catch him dancing backwards, you can use Show Stealer to stun him, effectively getting you some free hits. Demyx will always dash to where you were when you finished your combo on him, so don't stay in his line of attack once you knock him back.

Halfway through the battle Demyx will summon 10 forms, which you have 10 seconds to clean them out. This is probably the most frustrating bit, so avoid using the Reaction Command with less than 3 seconds remaining, or you won't finish in time. The Valor Form helps with this part, but make sure you hit what you are aiming for. As Demyx is worn down he will continue to attack faster, and begin to use new lines of geysers, which appear in rows in front of him and then behind him, successively moving farther from his position while he starts a combo. Time it to jump in and parry him to start a combo of your own. Try to knock him into the air and keep him busy, so he doesn't summon more water forms. With some persistence and luck you'll win out.

Sora, Donald, and Goofy will plunge deeper into the battlefield. You'll be separated from your team, but you'll have some help in other places for the battles ahead. Final Fantasy fans will love this part. Destroy all of the Heartless in each section to move forward to the Crystal Fissure. The Cure Element will be yours. Get the Great Maw Map, Torn Pages, and 2 other chests. Save your game here.
Source:
Kingdom Hearts 2 Walkthrough Strategy Guide Tips Hints Cheats FAQs from 1UP.com

Mystlord

If you still need some help, the valor form has an extremely useful feature that releases a finisher automatically. If I go into valor form, I combo him on the ground, press square to get the finisher that throws the enemy into the air, then go into a small air combo and a finisher immediately after. This usually gets him before he can recover. Once he does recover, a good way to attack him (after you've dodged his attacks of course), is to hit him once (don't button mash), and if you (hopefully) have it, use the technique upper slash on him by pressing square during a combo. This acts like a finisher so he'll be stunned, so aerial finish him.

Don't forget you have potions too :p.

dr.korytco

If you still need some help, the valor form has an extremely useful feature that releases a finisher automatically. If I go into valor form, I combo him on the ground, press square to get the finisher that throws the enemy into the air, then go into a small air combo and a finisher immediately after. This usually gets him before he can recover. Once he does recover, a good way to attack him (after you've dodged his attacks of course), is to hit him once (don't button mash), and if you (hopefully) have it, use the technique upper slash on him by pressing square during a combo. This acts like a finisher so he'll be stunned, so aerial finish him.

Don't forget you have potions too :p.

This sounds promising , I shall try this. Thank you .:thumbup:

DragonSpirit

Demyx was a pain to beat. the part that always got me was when you had to destroy 10 water forms in 10 seconds the second time you go to battle him.
i was so happy when i finally beat him. it took me like, 2 or 3 times.

also, using block against his water attacks helps too. like when he shoots the bubbles of water at you. that and when he comes flying at you with a wall of water behind him, blocking him will stop him and leaves him open for attacking.

Omni Terra

Awards
And here is something else to add. Never i repeat NEVER use reaction command when there is only 4 seconds left if you do you have technically already lost because it takes sora too long to do that attack plus the nobody has too spin around a second furthering the time this attack takes. hope that helped

Riku000

Demyx is kind of a boss thats suppose to prepare you for the other organization members, thats what I think. Also, Demyx might be hard but his still beatable. Demyx fro me was a hard boss but then he was easy.

Seftrex

I'm so happy that someone else thinks that Demyx is a ridiculous enemy. I found his voice and other things incredibly anoying, when ever he said Dance Water Dance I lose a bit of my soul :(

Twilight_Dancer

I found that he was easier in proud mode ( maybe thats just because I was around leve 35 when i fought him, but whatever)

My brother made me then fight him on easy mode for him and it took me 4-5 tries other than the 1 time on proud.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
I am so sick of this boss. It is so stupid. He makes water monsters on his quitar, there is a time limit to kill those monsters. The 1st set is not so bad but the 2nd is a pain in the ass. You have to lock onto a water monster and throw it at others. Doesnt sound too hard expect the stupid game only locks on when it feels like it and not when you tell it to. I dont mean the lock on, I mean the traingle action lock on. It is defective.

Once you get past the second stage of water throwing , he becomes insanely and stupidly hard. He builds tusuami walls and walks with them in front of him. Damaging you and you cant even get close when you run away the waves chase after you killing you ...it is a frantic stupidity. Then after you beat that there is another set of 10 monsters to kill in 10 seconds, followed by more fighting, followed by another set, followed by another and another. This is the 1st time i have thrown the controller for this game. I am pissed at this game. I was loving it up until now. This is stupid.

I still have not beat him,.

Let me input my 2 Cents. When the battle begins with his catchy "Dance Water Dance" line, I always use Sora and Donald's Combo Attack "Comet". That'll get rid of 20-25 Clones easily. And the rest can be taken care of with the reaction command easily.

When fighting him, he's not really all that hard. The only thing hard about him, IMO, is the water clones which is an insult because I think the Boss Fight is fun. Ok, anyway, when the screen turns clear again after killing the first batch of clones, go up to him, and just light him up with combos. He'll start to rush towards you with Water Geysers which can be dodged if you have Quick Run. He can slam Water Bubbles into you, but alot of that can be dodged with Reflect. Also, there's a reaction command where he'll dance towards you and you have a chance to get a chunk of HP off him, and vice versa for him.

The 10 Clones in 10 Seconds thing is hardest thing about this fight. Tackling all 10 Clones has a 50% Chance of success. I did and narrowly escaped the fight. What I do, is that the minute he says, "Dance Water, Dance" I use Trinity Limit. Everytime I used it, it took out 9 Clones, and left 1 Clone for me to kill in 3 Seconds. It's very useful, but the combos have to be quick.

Overall, the water clones are hard, but Demyx himself easy. If anything, if you don't want to go through the 10 Clones again, use Master Form to rock him. That'll surely get the job done.

Elorah

Awards
I found that he was easier in proud mode ( maybe thats just because I was around leve 35 when i fought him, but whatever)

I found Demyx to be way easier on proud mode also. I only had to fight him once wheras in standard mode it took me atleast 20 times to finally defeat him.

My advice, although it might not be very helpful, is to remember that Demyx's water attacks cannot be blocked, so don't try to guard them because it does nothing to him and will cost you a lot of HP

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com
I actually found him to be easier on Standard Mode, and Xaldin to be more difficult on. Then, I played Proud Mode, and it was the other way around: Xaldin was easy, and Demyx was a pain. D:

But, do not give up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back