• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Crack(ish) Theory: The Foretellers built the Twilight Town mansion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joestopheles

Alright, so there isn't a whole lot of proof for this (I mean, as much as there's "proof" for any theory at this point), but I haven't heard anyone bring this up and I've had this in my head for a while.

First off, I will be very surprised if there isn't some sort of connection between Twilight Town and Daybreak Town, because their names are exact opposites: One's a world permanently at sunset, the other seems to be permanently at sunrise. Not sure what that connection would be exactly, though. I'd be interested to hear any thoughts.

That said, I was really surprised to even see Twilight Town in the first KH3 trailer. It didn't seem like there was much reason to go back there, the world's story was pretty much solved. And then we learned that the entrance to mansion has been visibly and mysteriously blocked off, and I kinda got it.

Also, the "lost masters" Riku and Mickey are said to be looking for are commonly thought to be the Foretellers- who should have been dead before the current version of the universe existed.

So basically, the theory is that the Foretellers built the mansion in Twilight Town, which is likely near Daybreak Town or related to it somehow (maybe it was Daybreak Town before the world was rebuilt?), and slept in the memory pods in the basement (which, if examined in KH2, say that they seem to have been used before) in order to escape the apocalypse. This works especially well if you subscribe to the theory going around that the "Grand Master" is sleeping to create the Union member's Chirithys. Maybe the Master invented the sleep pods, and the Foretellers (and later Ansem and Namine) used the design for their own purposes?

Like I said, it's a little half baked, but if we're going back to Twilight Town, possibly to learn the origin of the mansion, and the Foretellers are somehow still alive, why not?

ok sunny

Awards
This isn't a bad theory. It'd be nice to have more proof of some sort just so we can elaborate a bit more. But the thing about the Memory Pods is that they just restore your memory. You can still age while asleep in the pod, so it seems kind of off that the Foretellers did actually use those. It's not out of the question, though, especially with what KH often throws our way.
With that it seems kind of off putting to think that the Foretellers did indeed make the Old Mansion.

We may just be going back to Twilight Town to visit Yen Sid, too. I'm sure Twilight Town will have more plot to it than that, though.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Alright, so there isn't a whole lot of proof for this (I mean, as much as there's "proof" for any theory at this point), but I haven't heard anyone bring this up and I've had this in my head for a while.

First off, I will be very surprised if there isn't some sort of connection between Twilight Town and Daybreak Town, because their names are exact opposites: One's a world permanently at sunset, the other seems to be permanently at sunrise. Not sure what that connection would be exactly, though. I'd be interested to hear any thoughts.

That said, I was really surprised to even see Twilight Town in the first KH3 trailer. It didn't seem like there was much reason to go back there, the world's story was pretty much solved. And then we learned that the entrance to mansion has been visibly and mysteriously blocked off, and I kinda got it.

Also, the "lost masters" Riku and Mickey are said to be looking for are commonly thought to be the Foretellers- who should have been dead before the current version of the universe existed.

So basically, the theory is that the Foretellers built the mansion in Twilight Town, which is likely near Daybreak Town or related to it somehow (maybe it was Daybreak Town before the world was rebuilt?), and slept in the memory pods in the basement (which, if examined in KH2, say that they seem to have been used before) in order to escape the apocalypse. This works especially well if you subscribe to the theory going around that the "Grand Master" is sleeping to create the Union member's Chirithys. Maybe the Master invented the sleep pods, and the Foretellers (and later Ansem and Namine) used the design for their own purposes?

Like I said, it's a little half baked, but if we're going back to Twilight Town, possibly to learn the origin of the mansion, and the Foretellers are somehow still alive, why not?

Hey, for a theory that relies on recent canon, it's not half bad! Are you also pulling from the "Unicornis Foreteller owns the mansion" theory from back when people first started playing the 2.5 remix again? Because those two theories tie everything together; if that theory is true, then it bring this theory to a level where it's much more plausible.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well, first I wouldn't call this a crack theory at all!

It's been mentioned a few times in a few threads but some have chalked it up to coincidence. As this series is, though, coincidence usually ends up being more so it's definitely within the realm of possibility.

That is actually a really astute observation. Twilight Town rests just before the Realm of Darkness, so perhaps it is also possible Daybreak Town is on the opposite side of the Realm of Light on the edge of its own precipice away from the Realm of Darkness. All we know about Daybreak Town as a world is that it is a "glistening world in the dawn" and so Twilight Town and Daybreak Town can all be tied in that way.

It was implied in "A fragmentary passage" from BBSFM that there still may be some secrets left to uncover in Twilight Town, perhaps concerning the data Ansem the Wise placed within Sora and perhaps something related to Naminé since both are shown in the montage.

Blocked off, no less by a giant padlock. I see where you are going with this~

Riku and Mickey aren't specifically looking for the "lost masters", though. The summary states they are looking for "previous Keyblade Wielders", which we assume is TAV and could extend beyond that.

I can see where you are trying to connects the dots. But it should be noted that it is also very possible that chi is taking place in the Realm of Sleep

The problem is definitely not knowing if the pods existed in the mansion (and Castle Oblivios) after Namine and DiZ arrived there or before.

Also the fact that we've seen Sora age even when he was sleep. The only instance we've seen of a person not aging while sleeping is Ven because his heart remained dormant in Sora's. So if we used that as evidence, how would the Foretellers have gotten around aging while sleeping? (Besides stripping their hearts out from themselves, though that is also a possibility)

Hm, It'd be interesting to see how one could work the Realm of Sleep into a theory like this.

Larxene012

Banned
We have about 6 original kh worlds. We have twilight town, traverse town, radiant gardens/hallow bastion, destiny's island, land of departure/castle oblivion, and The World that never was.

Twilight town could be the one with unicorn while Land of departure could be of the goat head. There leaves the other worlds to cover more?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We have about 6 original kh worlds. We have twilight town, traverse town, radiant gardens/hallow bastion, destiny's island, land of departure/castle oblivion, and The World that never was.

I am hesitant to count TWTNW when it is a man-made world. Same goes for Traverse Town which was a world created by fragments of destroyed worlds.

Twilight town could be the one with unicorn while Land of departure could be of the goat head. There leaves the other worlds to cover more?

It has yet to be revealed, but a new world dubbed "Cable Town" (has a bunch of cables, looks like LoD, sits on three main hills...) exists...

ok sunny

Awards

That's pretty interesting actually. I wish I had known more about chu so I'd have an easier time figuring out where each Foreteller could belong haha.

I'll start reading about it when I get home later, actually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back