• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

COM vs RECOM

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which do you prefer COM or RECOM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
More content and stuff in Re:Com, so Re:com for me.
Though I WILL say, the one big thing COM had that RE didn't was the INCREDIBLY FCKING DIFFICULT RIKU IV. I quit COM for a year before I picked it back up to try and finish it. Know how long it took me to kill him then? A week. God, I was horrible at COM.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
I loved Com so much! Of course I got Re, but..it didn't feel the same. I didn't like the camera and lock on controls for it. But I do admit like the va's and Zexion fight.

Com on the other hand, was way better more difficult. I was so pissed at Hook, Marluxia, Repliku, Larxene's final fight (the one after DI) and Axel's last fight. Axel was way more badass and mysterious in Com. He actually looked more buff in Com! I still remember when I first played com, I had this crazy idea that Axel was Sora's dad, becuase Axel said that one line 'we have more in common than you think'.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
I played both of the games, and I have to say that the original's graphics were pretty good for being 2-D. I mean, the graphics weren't shotty 3-D, and we all knew that the game would be in 2-D. I do not see why anyone is bashing it for the 2-D graphics; that isn't a reason not to like it. Besides, (for my RE:CoM anyway) the cut scenes in the hallways were always blurred a bit or something. If you're going to bash graphics, bash RE:CoM's.

Moving on, however, I thought that the fighting was much easier with the Dualshock 2, and I really liked the battle areas for each of the worlds. It wasn't a big thing, obviously, but it was something that made me excited to get into a battle other than gaining EXP. And as long as I'm mentioning the Dualshock 2, I might as well say that it was much easier on my hands than the GBA, and it was much easier on my eyes to have the screen on the other side of the room rather than at arm's length at best.

I remember saying to myself at one point, "Why didn't they make the actual worlds this big in the other games?" At that time, I was at Wonderland. It's kind of strange thinking about it, as those weren't the actual worlds, and I can't help but think about them as worlds. What I'm trying to get at is that I liked how RE:CoM made the worlds look bigger and how it made the worlds look like they have a lot of potential to be much bigger than they are in the other games.

As far as the bosses go, I don't really have much to say about them. Were they easier for me in RE:CoM? Yeah, I guess. I mean, in CoM, I got to the seventh floor? Basically, I couldn't beat Repliku the second time. But in RE:CoM, I got passed him and couldn't defeat Larxene's final battle. But to be fair, I must say that at the time that this was happening (I am currently replaying RE:CoM), I was switching in between playing the original and the remake. Pretty much, I was confusing myself on the controls for each game. I mean, seriously? I thought that to play queued cards in RE:CoM, I had to tap L1+R1 when all you really need to do is press the triangle button. This time through, I'm sticking to the remake to avert the confusion.

I'm going to have to give this one to RE:CoM.

tl;dr Too damn bad, if I was going to summarize at the end, I would have posted only the summation.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
CoM> Re:CoM

The gameplay was harder and the game was just overall more cute. Re:CoM had great graphics, but it felt overly easy and there was no lip sync which bothered me every moment I played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back