• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

COM vs RECOM

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which do you prefer COM or RECOM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
oh gawd i hate when that happens -_- it always seemed to happen in DI.

blackberi

Oh oh how about when you use a card you thought was useless but then the next door asks for that card specifically. I was like, "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-" A crap load of RAGE in CoM but I loved it ^^

This x13919391931931.
And yet I still love it too. Such love-hate~

siegleeagle

I thought the to games were about the same in difficulty to me. I got through COM pretty easily and then played reCOM and it was about the same to me. So i'm going to say RE:COM because it had voice acting and 3d. I know that many lied the original better because it was harder to them but for me it seems the same.

EDIT: Wow I said for me a lot. lol!

Flickr

aaah, a topic I'm somewhat -not really- knowledgeable about. I found the whole card thing a good match for the COM format. But for Ps2...I mean I cards really didn't have a purpose, it was just replicating the original. I like both, but I felt the controls made more sense for the original. -nod-

but hey if we didn't have ReCOM we wouldn't have smexy Zexion voice and cutscenes XD

teardrop

Re:COM was just an utter disaster to me. For some reason, the transition from GBA to PS2 didn't work for me at all. Sure, voice acting and some added scenes were a nice bonus, but I just ended up going on Youtube for everything. The 3D environments made it really hard to see some enemies on the battlefield. Like, I was constantly adjusting my camera in order to see whatever was behind me. I prefer COM even though its harder.

Narnianqueen

Re:COM was just an utter disaster to me. For some reason, the transition from GBA to PS2 didn't work for me at all. Sure, voice acting and some added scenes were a nice bonus, but I just ended up going on Youtube for everything. The 3D environments made it really hard to see some enemies on the battlefield. Like, I was constantly adjusting my camera in order to see whatever was behind me. I prefer COM even though its harder.

You have to so that with most games anyway :) You had to do that with KH and KH2... I don't see how that's a problem...

Regarding the original question...Re:Com for sure.

The only thing I didn't like was that they rushed it. The voices didn't match the mouth movement and it made everyone look weird when they talked, especially Vexen and Riku the others weren't as bad as those two in my opinion. I wouldn't have been upset if they spent another couple of months to fix that problem. I mean, I usually don't get the games exactly when they come out anyway. I guess impatient people were complaining that it was taking too long so that's why they rushed it...which was a mistake.

Other than that, I loved all of it. (Except Captain Hook and Vexen. I hate Vexen!)

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
RE:CoM, hands down. The graphics were great, it was nice having cutscenes again, and the voice acting was some of the best I've seen in the games by far.
It was also more challenging than CoM. I only had issues with a couple of CoM bosses (the last Repliku fight, and the last Vexen fight), yet the final battle was extremely easy. Even when I had gotten rusty at it (hadn't played it in a while), and I decided to replay the ending, I STILL beat Marluxia the first time around. He kept me on my toes in the remake.

jazumin-chan

Website
www.gaiaonline.com
Hmm it's tough to choose. The worlds are boring to look at, because of the repetitive blockiness which should've been fixed in RE: CoM but wasn't. It was a freakin' PS2 game. But I guess I do like the cutscenes and voice acting in RE: CoM.

Shadowrelm 150

In a world of shadows... AKA Surrey, England
Well lets see. CoM was by far the more challenging game (argh, Hook and his Second Chance... ARGH! Ansem and your F**KING SlieghtBlinder!), espically Riku's story (yet, his story was kinda hard in Re:Com too). It was quite original and I love the Card battle System (yeah, I said it!). However, I loved the Voice Acting in Re:CoM and the new slieghts, "Dueling" and Room Cards (e.g. the Joker Card). Aside from this, CoM geting ported to the Ps2, allowed more people to play the game! So, while I love CoM, I'm gonna have to say Re:CoM was better in my opinion.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
obviously recom sora a lil to kick ass there but i love playing as riku

Maxyli138

Re:CoM because of the better graphics and the characters' voices really fit them

UltimaKeybearer

Like a lot of people COM over Re:COM. Re:COM did have graphics of a normal KH game, but was awkward to play.

manouchan

Website
animequeen111.deviantart.com
i have both and i would have to say the original.

i love the RE:COM becuase of the better graphics and added cut scenes.
but i enjoyed the game boy version gameplay more.
even though i kept dying over and over i still enjoyed it more then the RE:COM

the re:COM difficulty was really easy.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I wont complain about RECOM being easy. it's kingdom hearts. the last floor normal enemies are still hard. And I like the extra Zexion Boss. That was a bit challenging. I dont fool around with my deck, either.

but COM

Last edited:

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Re:CoM's graphics were better. More Sleights and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back