• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Clannad

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toilet93

This anime is quite new , i guess
Since it spawned a sequel to it's series
Clannad After Story
This is a nice anime and i would really recommend it
Don't think that it's always a happy anime
Lol , i sort of alr figured out what would happened

Since i watched the Clannad movie , anime series
Well , watch the Clannad movie first !!
You would definitely cry lol

For those wondering what type of anime it is , read on

Clannad's story revolves around a group of five girls whose lives are connected to the same boy. Tomoya Okazaki is a third year high school student who dislikes his life. Tomoya's mother (Atsuko) died when Tomoya was young, leaving his father (Naoyuki) to raise him. After the accident, Tomoya's father turned to alcohol and gambling, and held frequent fights with his son. One day, Naoyuki, again arguing with his son, slammed Tomoya against the wall, dislocating Tomoya's shoulder. Ever since then, his father has treated Tomoya nicely, but distantly, as if Tomoya and he were strangers rather than a family. This hurts Tomoya more than his previous relationship with his father, and the awkwardness of returning home leads Tomoya constantly to stay out all night. Additionally, the injury disables Tomoya from participating in his basketball club, and pushes him to distance himself from his school and other activities. Thus his delinquent life begins. Tomoya's good friend Youhei Sunohara, who got thrown out of the soccer club for a dispute, is also a delinquent and often hangs out in his dorm room with Tomoya doing nothing much.

This is only the brief description though
But still , i would really recommend it to all of those anime-lovers
And also , those who like
Genre : Fantasy , Romance , Drama

Aetheus

I din't watch the movie (I wasn't aware that ther was one) but I have watched a few episodes of the anime. Seems decent enough, I suppose.

Toilet93

Well , u probably should finish it
If u just watched the first season , u will find it to be a pretty 'happy' show
But watched till the second season , it's the downfall of a 'sadness' ending :D

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
There isn't a second season if I remember. Anyway I loved the anime. I was cracking up in episodes then othertimes just sitting in suspense to see what would happen next. Overall was just a great show. The movie was ok, but I didn't care to much for it. The anime episodes outdue the movie.

Aetheus

I finished watching the first season today. To be honest, I had already watched roughly half of the anime (13 episodes) when I last posted, I never expected it to be such a short series. I can see why you like it so much, though. Its pretty good. Its humorous when it needs to be, and it does well in the more emotional scenes too.

And yes, I am aware that there's a second season. I also read the summary of what happens in After Story, since its adapted of a game thats already been released for some time. I agree that it does rather ruin the "happy days" feel of the show, but if the summary was right, the "true end" of it is good enough to brighten up the gloom. I'm probably gonna start on it tomorrow, just to see how the anime adaption is gonna end the series.

Toilet93

Clannad After Story still haven't end yet lol
As far as i know , it's at episode 9 for eng subbed
So there will be quite some time before it finally comes to an end

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well you could easily get the "true end" by watching the Clannad movie which I guess would be after the after story, but you get the sense what happens.

Aetheus

Well, I'm assuming the "true end" of the Clannad game. The ending in the movie ... was cut short somewhat. I won't spoil anymore, but you could probably look at the Wiki article if you're curious about how it all ends. Like I said, the anime and movie are both based on a game that was released a few months ago, so the plot is practically already decided, even if the anime isn't finished yet. I'm just wondering if the anime is going to follow the ending of the movie, follow the ending of the game or come up with its own ending altogether. The movie's end seemed a bit bittersweet while the game's ending had a weird deus ex machina at the end.

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I absolutely love this anime. I like it 20 times more than the movie. A lot of characters were left out and it made me extremely sad to see that. Still made me cry, though.

There are so many parts that have made me cry and attach to all these characters that surround Tomoya...

After Story just doesn't want to let go of my heart strings at all. I miss Fuu-chan at the moment though. cry cry

Toilet93

Well , i would really recommend watching the anime instead of the movie

Like many had said , the movie was cut short and lacking of a few main characters that u can find in the anime and game

Also , the movie focuses more on the 'afterpart' of tomoya , which i don't feel like spoiling too
But however , the anime focuses on the 'beforepart' and the 'afterpart'
That's why it's split into two seasons , with the first season being the 'beforepart' and same goes for the second season

Currently that Fuu-chan is irritating to me !
But during her disappearance , it's really sad and touching , i cried !!
But now , i regretted , thanks to her 'popping out of nowhere' LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back