• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Christian Music

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ltwi13

hey, I just wanted to see who here likes Christian music. this will be a Christian music discussion thread, where u discuss favorite bands, concerts, new cds, etc. etc. do not hate on Christian music here.

I'd have to say my favorite groups are Relient K, Newsboys, David Crowder*Band, Jars of Clay, and Switchfoot.

anybody get remedy, JoC Christmas cd, and RK's Christmas cd?

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
Paramore is sorta Christian.

I listen to it mostly cause my Grandma is like, "ALL OTHER MUSIC TAKES YOU TO HELL!!!!"

But y'know, I still listen to rock and stuff.

M

Miss Murder

Mmm ... my grandmother wants me to become Jewish ...

Anyway, I tend to not listen to Christian music, but I once went to a Go Fish, Tree 63, and some other famous band concert at the State Fair with a few of my friends who are into that kind of music.

Me, I'm more rockish. But meh. I had fun.

ozymandius

In my opinion, Christian music can be alright. Take the gospel-like sounds from the Pentecostal and Baptist churches. We sing some stuff in the Madrigal Choir at my school and most of it is really cool. However, Christian Rock=epic phail. If I had a nickel for every time I heard the line "Jesus makes all your problems go away", I'd be frickin rich.

I guess you could consider Switchfoot Christian Rock, but they try not to market directly to Christians, of which I am glad. They are more of a "positive message" type.

O

Oberon

Christian music is almost literally no different from regular music. In fact, there's little, if no point at all in separating the two (reg and christian). EXCEPT of course for the heavy-duty praise-and-worship music. Otherwise, anything Christian that is mainstream (such as Switchfoot) doesn't really need to separate itself, imo.

Lol.

Anyway, mine are Relient K and Skillet.

Avenger39

Website
www.myspace.com
Meh... Your favorites are way too mainstream for my tastes.

Falling Up. John Reuben. tobyMac. Anberlin. Soul P.

Yeah, thats the stuff right there.

Those five I listed are the best bands and groups I've ever heard, especially Falling Up.

Abel

Spiritualism is only worth discussion as a whole. Individual religions are not interesting and often lack substance. George Harrison had the right idea with "My Sweet Lord."

Christian music tends to sound like crappy alternative rock.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Relient K, Disciple, and that's about it.

Disciple is good for some Heavy Christian Rock (some of their songs, anyways).

Also, D2L, I <3 you because you like ETF. They is pwnsome.

shadowmind

California and yes i will enjoy the earth quakes,I
Do not worry. It will happen. It will.

there sould'nt be a need too because Christian Music is music. besides there are some amazing bands that are Christian like bleach, switch foot, benjamin gate, kutless, life house, skillet,thousand foot krutch, and within temptation some of those are greatly know and yet some ppl don't know that they are christian :thumbup:

K

kingdomfighter5

Switchfoot is not christian music i have to say this so others get it straight they say it themselves too. They are a religious who plays for all religions to relate to. Some muslums and jews like switchfoot to. The only time they say god is in their first three cds and then they decided to back off of the christian pedistal and take their music to anyone who likes it. Switchfoot also does not suck. Ive been to thier concerts and they are awsome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back