• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can Roxas and Ventus Coexist?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khspartan14

Sorry if this has already been touched upon, I've been off the forums for sometime now.

My question is, will it be possible for Roxas and Ventus to both have physical bodies and hearts? The way I understood it, Ven's heart went into the nobody created when Sora became a heartless. So then only one of them would have a heart right? I'm just assuming the ending of KH3 is happy and everybody gets their bodies/hearts back, but wondering how they could justify it.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Hmmm...

By any chance, do you know what went down in 3D?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Of course they can coexist, they are two entirely different people. It is true that Ven's heart remained in sora's body when he turned heartless however Nomura pointed out, several times in fact, that Ven only altered Roxas' appearance and gave him his signature duel wield ability.

Roxas grew his own sense of self and heart during his life that is separate of Ventus or even Sora. (even though both are currently located within Sora)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It's nothing short of very possible, because they are two different individuals. Even though Ventus' heart stayed with Sora's body when he became a Heartless (and was thus present in Roxas), Roxas himself had since developed a heart of his own. All that needs to be done is find a vessel for Roxas' heart (as well as Xion's) and return Ventus' heart to his comatose body, and there you go: Ventus and Roxas coexisting and they can give each other a heartwarming bro hug which I really want to see.

Besides, it will happen anyway, considering that they are among the tormented souls that will enjoy salvation.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
The best part of this thread is that I read that as Vanitas. The entire thread I was thinking, "why is everybody talking about Ventus and Roxas?"

Anyway, yeah they certainly could. The guys above have more or less answered it pretty well :3

khspartan14

The best part of this thread is that I read that as Vanitas. The entire thread I was thinking, "why is everybody talking about Ventus and Roxas?"

Anyway, yeah they certainly could. The guys above have more or less answered it pretty well :3

Thanks everybody totally forgot about 3D when I was thinking about this earlier. But Vanitas raises a good question too. If he returns to Ven at the end of BBS, why would he even exist anymore. Isn't just that Ven's heart is no longer pure light, but just pre-MX damage, i.e. a normal heart of both light and dark? I know they show him in 3D, and that whole game just mind-diddlys me.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Thanks everybody totally forgot about 3D when I was thinking about this earlier. But Vanitas raises a good question too. If he returns to Ven at the end of BBS, why would he even exist anymore. Isn't just that Ven's heart is no longer pure light, but just pre-MX damage, i.e. a normal heart of both light and dark? I know they show him in 3D, and that whole game just mind-diddlys me.

Vanitas' presence in 3D was explained away by Tetsuya Nomura saying that his appearance was representative of how Ventus' heart was reacting to the dark presence that was Young Master Xehanort. Other than that, it was pure fanservice.

As for the original question, everyone else already answered the question before I could get to it so all I can do is parrot what they said and point out that they are able to coexist since even Nobodies have the propensity to grow a heart, something Roxas has clearly done over the course of the series.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Ventus himself was very adamant in destroying both the X-blade and Vanitas, by doing which he acknowledged that his heart would be damaged. Taking this into consideration, I doubt (though not refute) that Vanitas returned to Ventus upon his defeat, and Ventus' heart had stayed pure light ever since.

khspartan14

Vanitas' presence in 3D was explained away by Tetsuya Nomura saying that his appearance was representative of how Ventus' heart was reacting to the dark presence that was Young Master Xehanort. Other than that, it was pure fanservice.

As for the original question, everyone else already answered the question before I could get to it so all I can do is parrot what they said and point out that they are able to coexist since even Nobodies have the propensity to grow a heart, something Roxas has clearly done over the course of the series.

I feel like such a newb today, so why is it that Roxas no longer has a vessel? When he merged with Sora in KH2, is the half of the heart missing from Sora that made him weak the Ven part that went with Roxas? Wouldn't just separating the Ven part of Roxas' heart let Roxas be free to go? He went in with a body, so wouldn't he come back out with one?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It might not look like it, but Roxas' body was Sora's. The Sora we saw between Hollow Bastion and the merging was actually his heart in a human form (which was possible thanks to Kairi purifying the darkness enshrouding it), but it wasn't his physical body. Now that Roxas has returned to Sora, Sora once again gained possession of his physical body, leaving Roxas without one.

In addition...

When he merged with Sora in KH2, is the half of the heart missing from Sora that made him weak the Ven part that went with Roxas?

I'm not sure what you meant by this, but Ventus did not contribute anything to Sora, nor has Sora gained anything from Ventus. This has been confirmed by Nomura himself in BbS Ultimania.

BbS Ultimania said:
-- So it's not "Once Sora's story is finished, another hero's story will begin", the hero is always Sora.
Nomura: Yes. One of the concepts behind the KH series is that the main character Sora isn't special, he's just a normal boy. Yes he does have connections with Ventus' heart, among others, but he hasn't inherited anything from them. He's just a normal boy you could find anywhere. I wanted to make Sora a character that the player could take onto themselves and feel that you don't have to be special. But connect to many people and you will realize your secret potential.

Last edited:

khspartan14

It might not look like it, but Roxas' body was Sora's. The Sora we saw between Hollow Bastion and the merging was actually his heart in a human form (which was possible thanks to Kairi purifying the darkness enshrouding it), but it wasn't his physical body. Now that Roxas has returned to Sora, Sora once again gained possession of his physical body, leaving Roxas without one.
Diddly me, I never knew that, thanks. I got to start playing closer attention. To open a new can of worms, if Nobodies can grow hearts, does that mean Xehanort has two hearts, because of the one Xemnas grew, and Ansem Sod?

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Diddly me, I never knew that, thanks. I got to start playing closer attention. To open a new can of worms, if Nobodies can grow hearts, does that mean Xehanort has two hearts, because of the one Xemnas grew, and Ansem Sod?

I don't know whether you mean inside of Xehanort or not, but I can tell you this. Xehanort technically has at least twelve hearts for the whole 13 Darknesses vs. 7 Lights clash for the true X-blade. It is certainly possible for him to have multiple hearts since Sora himself has his heart, Ventus' shattered heart, and Roxas and Xion's burgeoning hearts inside of him.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Technically he has more than that. The version of Xehanort that formed Ansem and Xemnas was Terranort who's heart was made up of MX, Terra and Eraqus' hearts, meaning Terranort had one made up of three.

Ansem was the heartless, his very existence was of those three hearts so even though he had a mindset of his own whether he had a heart of his own is debatable.

Xemnas on the other hand likely formed one of his own but whether it exists in Xehanort or merged into his fully is unknown since we dont know how the process works.
All that's known is if a heartless and nobody is defeated the whole person returns and in the cases of Lea and likely all of them it's obvious they remember being nobodies but what isn't known is if the hearts their nobodies had merge with the original one or not.

Though personally I lean towards the nobody heart and the original one merging else Lea or the others wouldn't remember being nobodies.
The only example to this would be Roxas because, unlike the other nobodies, he wasn't destroyed he simply returned to Sora and as we seen Sora had no memory of Roxas' and didn't even know who he was till near kh2's end.
And it wasn't until DDD that Roxas showed his memories to Sora.

Simply put, it would seem the heart of a nobody merges with the whole with Roxas being an exception.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I don't know whether you mean inside of Xehanort or not, but I can tell you this. Xehanort technically has at least twelve hearts for the whole 13 Darknesses vs. 7 Lights clash for the true X-blade. It is certainly possible for him to have multiple hearts since Sora himself has his heart, Ventus' shattered heart, and Roxas and Xion's burgeoning hearts inside of him.

Actually, it's not that Xehanort has twelve different hearts. It's that Xehanort sent out that many parts of his one heart to take hold of others'. That said, Xehanort himself has at least three hearts in his body: his own, Terra's, and Eraqus' (which had gone into Terra's the moment he was slayed by Xehanort).

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Actually, it's not that Xehanort has twelve different hearts. It's that Xehanort sent out that many parts of his one heart to take hold of others'. That said, Xehanort himself has at least three hearts in his body: his own, Terra's, and Eraqus' (which had gone into Terra's the moment he was slayed by Xehanort).

Thanks. That was a bit of a derp moment on my part.

khspartan14

Right, what I meant to say is that Ansem Sod would be the heart from Terranort/Xehanort (MX, Terra, Eraqus)(1) but what was the new heart created by Xemnas(2)? Wouldn't it be identical to Ansem Sod's because its Xehanort's nobody? Have they explained that, or is it unknown currently, like Anagram said? And was it the new heart in Xemnas plus the original heart from Ansem Sod that brought back Master Xehanort in 3D? Sorry for all the questions, it's just good to clear this stuff up.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Right, what I meant to say is that Ansem Sod would be the heart from Terranort/Xehanort (MX, Terra, Eraqus)(1) but what was the new heart created by Xemnas(2)? Wouldn't it be identical to Ansem Sod's because its Xehanort's nobody? Have they explained that, or is it unknown currently, like Anagram said? And was it the new heart in Xemnas plus the original heart from Ansem Sod that brought back Master Xehanort in 3D? Sorry for all the questions, it's just good to clear this stuff up.

It wouldn't be exactly the same Nomura has pointed out before that Xemnas and Ansem have different mindsets meaning, thought both a form of Xehanort, they don't possess the same mind/heart.
It's pretty much unknown. We know that the heart from the nobody must return to the original else people like Lea or the other apprentices wouldn't remember being nobodies, though how exactly the two hearts merge is uncertain.

Theoretically, anything Xemnas had would've indeed went back to Master Xehanort however that is were the complications begin because Ansem had 3 hearts acting as one and we dont currently know if they are all still connected or if Terra+Eraqus have become a seeker while MX returned to his old body solo or if their still all mashed together.

Ansem and Xemnas were born from three hearts and how the memory and power of those hearts were divided and rejoined is unknown to us.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Try not to overthink it, the heart-growing plot device is to set up that Sora's multiple personalities and entities really did gain their own consciousness. It's supposed to highlight the power of love and acceptance and being validated when we are acknowledged. These sorts of semantics probably weren't meant to add more complications to Xehanort and his many vessels. Even if we knew the formula and specifics for it, we still would have no clear cut answer because we don't know exactly what happened to Terra and Eraqus in the grand scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back