• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cable Town is Land of Departure Theory: Time Travel or Eraqus' Keyblade Reversion Mechanism?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AirbagVII

Awards
Hey guys!

Since December 2014, back when Cable Town was presented at the HD 2.5 ReMIX Launch Event, I've been thinking about this world and how it could be related to KH3 at all... :confused:

After watching the E3 2015 trailer and realizing that the Chess Room where Young Xehanort and Eraqus were talking to each other was indeed the same one that Sora entered in the Launch Event trailer, I've started thinking a lot more about this subject and this world could indeed be one and the same than The Land of Departure.

But still, some explanations were missing about how Sora could be visiting Land of Departure (aka Cable Town) instead of Castle Oblivion.

As a result, several theories came to mind and I simply had to share my thoughts with other KH fans out there...

So I made this video.

[video=youtube;4QaVLmHqNXk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QaVLmHqNXk[/video]

Let me know what you guys think about all these theories and if you agree to some extent with any of them! :wink:

P.S.: The whole thing was a bit complex to make, so let me know if you have any doubts regarding the several theories I present. The objective is to discuss and see if we can all come up with a plausible explanation!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay one thing off; Sora picking up Master Eraqus's keyblade is symbolism, nothing more. As in he has to save Aqua and possibly the way it's been looking, he'll have to pick up the mantle of a Master sometime in KH3. (I hope it's near the beginning, if he gets the Master title.)

That said, I think the structure of your theories are sound. Maybe Cable Town is the sleeping Land of Departure and we'll find out some stuff there. ^^ Like how all this mess began. It is very possible. ^^

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Alright, it's been a while and I'm still not sure what people mean by this "Cable Town." Where and when did we first hear about this place? I don't remember anything about it.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Cable Town was shown in a trailer that only a few saw in a event that launched 2.5, and there are some drawings on the site from those that were there.

It closely resembles Land of Departure, and might even be its Sleeping World form.

Anyway said trailer was never made public but we might eventually see a form of it. We shall see.

AirbagVII

Awards
Okay one thing off; Sora picking up Master Eraqus's keyblade is symbolism, nothing more. As in he has to save Aqua and possibly the way it's been looking, he'll have to pick up the mantle of a Master sometime in KH3. (I hope it's near the beginning, if he gets the Master title.)

That said, I think the structure of your theories are sound. Maybe Cable Town is the sleeping Land of Departure and we'll find out some stuff there. ^^ Like how all this mess began. It is very possible. ^^

Glad to know you enjoyed the video and that the theories made some sense for you! :smile:

Now, regarding Master Eraqus' Keyblade, I don't know if it was all just symbolism, but in my opinion it could be that that Keyblade reached him in a similar way Kairi's letter reached him in the World of Darkness.

Remember, Aqua is in the Darkness right now and, with the aid of Ansem the Wise, it could be possible for her to send it to Sora somehow...

Alright, it's been a while and I'm still not sure what people mean by this "Cable Town." Where and when did we first hear about this place? I don't remember anything about it.

Just like maryadavies mentioned, Cable Town was shown privately at the HD 2.5 ReMIX Launch Event. Only the few people that attended the event had a chance to watch this trailer.

But since then, fanart renditions were made of Cable Town and it looks just like the Chess Room from E3 2015.

Taking all these things in consideration. I came up with the severall theories I mentioned in the video... :wink:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Airbag; I can't find the interviews right now, but our fine director himself said that was symbolism. I think it's who he has to save and the fact he'll gain master somehow. (I'm thinking right now it'll be in some..not-traditional way that gets Yen Sid to give him the title; That sounds like Sora all over!)

I'm sure someone else will find the quotes.

AirbagVII

Awards
Yeah, I do remember reading that interview! :)

But, even though I understand it does have symbolism associated to it (after all we're talking about KH), I do believe that Sora getting Eraqus' Keyblade could, to some extent, happen somehow...

Anagram

Banned
I doubt Sora will ever get Master's Keeper. It's the only keyblade Aqua has at the moment. Something about being tied to Land of Departure or something too and we all know you can't have a series about Sora if he's tied down in one spot.

Unless the team just decides it'd make a cool keychain or something then I could see it being a gameplay mechanic. But story wise I dont see Aqua parting with her late masters keyblade to someone she barely knows or when shes trapped in a realm of infinite darkness.

Edit. Unless theres some story moment were Sora takes hold of it and does some kickass on Xehanort like he did in KH2 with Riku's keyblade.

Joestopheles

Does anyone have a link to where it was said that Sora finding the Master Keeper was just symbolism? I keep hearing it but haven't seen any proof.

Personally, I think it kinda makes sense for Aqua to send the Master Keeper across the border between realms. Unlike Terra and Ven, nobody knows what happened to Aqua. I would think she would want to give them some clue as to where she is. And yeah, that would leave her and Ansem the Wise defenseless, but that just adds to the urgency to rescue them.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Does anyone have a link to where it was said that Sora finding the Master Keeper was just symbolism? I keep hearing it but haven't seen any proof.
It's usually best to take veteran's word for it when they say something's been said in an interview, there are also interview tabs on the main site that you can search but for the sake of time:

---Even just from watching the Shadows in the trailer moving we certainly can tell that the enemies have evolved. And, on the other side, Sora has gained powers befitting a 'Keyblade Master', hasn't he? Will he be able to transform his Keyblade?

Nomura: In this stage of testing he can transform it. By the way, in the trailer, Sora picks up the Keyblade belonging to Master Eraqus that Aqua had. We put that together in order to remind you of the story of KHIII, as this time we weren't able to prepare a scene that would show you a portion of the drama.

Kingdom Hearts III Famitsu Interview Updated - The Return of Meow Wow? - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Not to say that it 100% won't happen but at the moment it seems to just be a promise from Nomura.

Joestopheles

Ah, thank you. That phrasing though, doesn't seem to imply that that scene isn't part of the story so much as that they didn't have any big, more relevant cutscenes, like they did with the chess game in the most reason trailer. But I dunno, that's just my opinion.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ah, thank you. That phrasing though, doesn't seem to imply that that scene isn't part of the story so much as that they didn't have any big, more relevant cutscenes, like they did with the chess game in the most reason trailer. But I dunno, that's just my opinion.

It also makes no sense in-universe.
Master Keeper is Aqua's only defense weapon inside the Realm of Darkness which is infested with Heartless, so why would she be so stupid to part with it?
It is also an important heirloom of her Master who she loved very much and there comes the additional issue of her own Keyblade being sealed away in the Chamber of Repose at Radiant Garden.

Yen Sid and Mickey also know that Aqua is in the RoD, as was stated during thes secret ending of Re: Coded.
If anything, out of the BBS trio Aqua is the one they know most about as they have no single clue about Terra and in regards to Ven Mickey has an idea where his heart might be, but that's it.

Awards
Love the video. It was a superb presentation. I'm a little old fashion though so my advice would be that you provide a text version with images as well for people to read. It allows for more quoting and directly addressing aspects of the theory on our behalf.
I think your theory is very solid and honestly the discussion on whether Aqua or Sora has the Master Keeper (I'm siding with it being Aqua's due to Nomura's statements) is less relevant because we do know someone will use the Master Keeper to unlock the Land Of Departure and in turn wake up Ventus.

I think you're options are very plausible. Either it will be in the Realm of Sleep which will allow Sora to see what happened without having had a body to go to at that point in time or That's it's original version and it will unlock when Master Keeper unlocks it. Makes a lot of sense. Based on established canon. Beautiful presentation. I miss threads like this.

I will say regarding the scars on Eraqus's face in BBS he is struck by Xehanort twice on his face where the two scars he displays show. A two hit combo that led to two scars.

I look forward to seeing if this turns out to be true when more trailers come out or when KH3 rolls around.

Though playing Devils Advocate, if there was initially a huge clash that caused that much destruction between a clash involving Eraqus and their master and Xehanort then Eraqus is truly more forgiving/gullible than I originally thought, which says a lot. That would imply he nearly brought the world to darkness then came back to have a casual chat with Eraqus, beat the crap out of him, the whole Ventus Vanitas crisis, and still got invited back for the Mark of Mastery.

Last edited:

AirbagVII

Awards
Thank you all for the replies!

It is important for me to know if people agree or not with several ideas presented in the video.

As for Sora ending with Master Keeper, there's still so much to explain regarding what happened/will happen.

According to Eraqus, Aqua should be the only one to know the true "secret" behind The Land of Departure-Castle Oblivion transformation, so it implies that she should be the one to unlock this place later on.

However, and taking in consideration that Ventus' heart resides inside Sora's, it is logical to assume that Sora must also be there by the time this place unlocked.

But what if Sora did travel back in time and visit Cable Town (and therefore was a spectator of the whole process when this Keyblade was used the very first time to seal this place)?

In that case, Sora could indeed learn the "secret" as well and Aqua could be discarded...

Of course, if Aqua did indeed send the Master Keeper's through the Lanes Between or something, she would become vulnerable... Unless she gets to control or be helped by Ventus' and Terra's keyblades (like she did here at 4:24).

After all, she still has her wayfinder and the link between these three friends is still very strong. It wouldn't surprise me if she was able to make it without Master Keeper (she's probably one of the strongest characters of the series).

Regarding Eraqus' scars, I know that the most noticeable one was indeed caused by Xehanort in the video you mentioned Org14Kurix(Riku) (that's why I actually used at a reference in the video, so everyone could see the scar).

But as you can see at 1:36 (in my video), Master Eraqus appears to have several other scars way before obtaining that one. Those are the scars I was mentioning in the theory (although I used the bigger one for illustration because it's a far more evident one)... ;)

Blazingblue

Banned
That was a great Theory I hope you are right! It saddens me that we really don't know to much information ON KH3. I do hope at D23 we get tons of information!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back