• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Build God, Then We'll Talk.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
WTBBQ?! XDDDDDDDDD

GOOD PHRASERZ! I COMMEND THEE!

Silver, update, or I keeyill you. o.o UPDATE, DARN IT! >.< XD

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
updartness time. mainly cause i've been lazy n stuff. so here ya go.

Three.

The rain fell, bringing with it the fury of an ashen sky. It pounded against the window in cold regularity, making an odd beat on the roof of the small restaurant that Daymon currently found himself in. He silently cursed himself for disregarding his friend's advice when she had told him to stay longer. Now, the closest place to the closing restaurant was that building. The barren, gray-slated office building he had seen those creatures in. Surely they would all be gone by now, but... Daymon would rather have not taken that chance. A woman in her mid-thirties politely tapped Daymon on his shoulder, telling him, as the lights dimmed, that he had to leave now. He nodded absent mindedly and pulled the hood of his jacket over his head. He left the warmth of the small room, and, running through the blue tinged twilight and the painfully stinging rain, the boy made his way to the backdoor of the office building, silently deciding to stay only on the first or second floor, in case those beasts had remained.

As he neared the dark green, metal slab the security officers had unjustly named a door, Daymon cast his gaze to the concrete and gravel underfoot. Underneath a dumpster that was an even deeper shade of sickly green than the door, a solid bar of silver metal was hidden behind a wheel that scarcely supported the dumpster. Reaching behind the scrawny excuse for support, he pulled the bar of steel off the ground and quickly wedged it in the gap between the door's lock and the door's frame. Careful, practiced manuevering caused the door to open quickly and quietly as Daymon slipped in past the sleepy clerk who was positioned awkwardly between the front doors and the elevator. Surely they were aware of this building's screaming flaws in security?

Daymon knealt in the shadow of a great marble pillar, waiting for the clerk's drowsiness to overtake her and send her to a state of, hopefully, deep unconsiousness. When this happened, however much the clerk had tried to stop it, Daymon made a break from behind the gray structure and impatiently tapped the button with a black arrow that pointed up, contrasting greatly against the white background of the small circle. In a short time, the richly decorated elevator doors opened and Daymon darted in just as the clerk stirred from her slumber, awoken by the bell-like sound resonating in the now empty lobby.

Daymon sighed and leaned against the golden banister that stood out from the beautifully carved oak walls of the elevator. On either side of him, Daymon saw mirrors that reflected each other's reflections into infinity. Looking around furtively, the boy made sure he was not being watched by cameras. He started dancing, completely lost in his own little world. Singing random lyrics from the songs he had heard over the years, he couldn't help but laugh at the dark haired, dark eyed reflection that was making a fool of himself. Turning around to face the opposite mirror, Daymon nearly jumped out of his skin, seeing the girl that had been in the newscast only a day before. Her blue-green eyes glowed from the darker regions of the mirror as she made her way to him, stepping through mirror after mirror.

In astonishment, Daymon whipped around, only to find that the girl was not in those mirrors. Only in the mirrors he once again faced. The girl smiled and, seemingly, laughed at his astonished expression while still traversing the mirrors. Now closer, only about two mirrors from Daymon, the girl's appearence struck him as incredibly familiar, though not from anytime recently. She was slender, her auburn hair reflected light and cast a shadow on her slightly tanned face. The girl smiled, stepping through the second to last mirror. Taking a few strides, she touched the mirror inquisitively. Daymon slowly walked forward, not noticing that the elevator had stopped, though the doors did not open. He was thoroughly entranced and also put his hand to the mirror. Once again, the girl smiled, but, with a look of regret, she spread her arms and fell backwards. Daymon's first reaction was to reach out and grab her, to halt her fall. To his utter surprise, his arm slid through the mirror, followed by his upper torso, then his entire body. Plunging head first into total darkness, the boy whipped his gaze around, searching for the girl, but to no avail. She was gone and Daymon couldn't even scream, finding his breath had been torn away from him as he fell. Lacking even the natural ability to scream, Daymon shut his eyes and, for the first time in eleven years, he prayed.

~~~~~~~~~~

In murky waters, ripples spread from the scaly forms that inhabited the swamp. They swam, silently with deadly efficiancy, towards their prey: a still body that floated, and, despite it's discoloration, still seemed to harbor life. The breath that emmited from the boy was slow and calm, rising in foggy tendrils that momentarily stayed near the origin of their decent, until they were abducted by a cruel gust of wind. As the reptiles neared the boy, the eyes shot open and he started floundering in the water, until he noticed a cabin, long lost to the battle of time and age, standing feet above the swampy, grey water. Steps that started at the porch of this small structure ended at least a foot above water so, with all the haste he could muster, Daymon swam towards them, terrifyingly aware of the varocious hunters that were slowly creaping near him. Underneath the rotting wooden steps, Daymon was desperately trying to grab hold and pull himself up before he met his fate at the fangs of emotionless water-dragons. His hand finally clamped shut on the lowest peice of green, slime covered wood. He tried to hide his disgust, and with little effort due to the harsh training inflicted on him at the military camp, he pulled himself onto the wood, which splintered and creaked in defiance of this unexpected weight. Knowing full well the anceint wood wouldn't last long, Daymon stepped lightly to the porch, but stopped when he heard voices ring out from within the decrepit house.

"...music or the misery? Ha, no, the misery certainly came first."

"That's impossible! The mus-"

"Impossible?!" the first voice, a girl's, laughed derisively at the second voice, which undoubtedly belonged to a younger girl. "Is there anywhere on this godforsaken world without misery? No such place exsists, at least, not anymore. Maybe there had been a place like that in the past, Nicole, but now...", the voice trailed off. "Misery is all we've come to know... ever since that damned day." The younger girl gasped.

"You mean..."

"Well of course that's what I mean... ever since the Eternal Eclipse..."

okay seriously, it's gonna get more interestinger in the next chappy. i swear. really. >.<

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
o_O

I hate you Silver. WITH A FIERY PASSION! So fiery, I'm going to use it to burn my now worthless fics.

IT'S ALWAYS THE QUIET ONES THAT HOLD SUCH UNTAPPED TALENT DEEP WITHIN THE DEPTHS OF THEIR SOULS! o.o

STOP CALLING ME A 'BRILLIANT WRITER CHICK' WHEN MY WORKS ARE COMPARABLE TO MUD WHEN PLACED NEXT TO YOURS! THEY DO NOT DESERVE TO BE ON THE SAME PAGE!

I did not see this coming....

I can't read it all, since time on a computer is limited ((Snow-day! =D)). Either way, I need time to rethink my life ... this fic has shattered the basis of my reality ... it is always the quiet ones, damn. -_-

Maybe I'll be back online ((in more ways than one)) in a few days. ;_; I'm probably missing so much in the chats.

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
xDDDDDDDD you're making me lol GoH!! and krazy!! and pickle!! this is nothing in comparison with the other muffin soldier's works. >.< jeez, you guys're making me blush in my ears. >.< i'll updart soon though. i just gotta figure out some stuff....

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Aw, yer ears are red. =D XD

Seriously, Silver. Let's go over the facts.

Yer fic: pwns.

My fic: does not deserve to be on the same page yours graces. *hugs fic*

But, speaking of muffin soldier works, I have a new one in progress. It's called Constellation. I'm gonna need cameos. It'll be a group OC thing. =D And I invented new Keyblades too. ^__^

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Flam it, guys. This fic isn't THAT good.

Jeez.

Okay, it's cool that Silver's literate, but LET'S NOT OVERREACT HERE! Jeez. I've seen a million better fics. And if you guys are digging for compliments, stop. Nobody's gonna give the stupid attention to you.

NONE OF US ARE GOOD. HAPPY? Idiot posers today, are you? >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back