• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Build God, Then We'll Talk.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
-.- i don't know what this is. i got the name from a Panic! At the disco song and i thought it up in the middle of church. So here we go. the main char's name is actually spelled Daemyn (Day-ee-me-in) but for easier pronunciation it was changed.

Daymon's footsteps let out a muffled echo as he tried to silently sneak through the stuffy office building he currently called home. Mister Eddie, the resident janitor and security guard, was patrolling the second, third and fourth floors of the banking company's magnificent, dark turquois building, and, as usual, the short man took his time. Daymon had to, once again, force his five foot eight form through a small vent in the third floor bathroom, for Mister Eddie was coming, and if Daymon was caught again, he would be arrested and probably sent to that damn juvenile boot camp.

Before, when Daymon was only twelve, he had been arrested for grand theft auto, when he had tried to steal a red corvette in the parking lot of a busy Walmart. He had been sent to the juvenile boot camp, where he had grown tougher and stronger than he had ever been, regardless of how being an orphan affected the average child. Now, Daymon, fifteen years old, was back on the streets with no place to call home with the exception of the building he was now hiding in.

He jumped off the sink, but, only barely making the cold, metal vent, he accidently cut his arms. He bit back a growl as he heard footsteps and hastily pushed both his injured arms against the wall of the air vent, and pulled himself up just as Mister Eddie opened the door and made a sweep of the room with his flashlight.

Daymon barely dared to breathe until the man left. Presently though, the janitor had to depart from the darkened room to patrol the last floor before his shift was done. The fifteen year old in the vent sighed and layed his head back as he felt blood running down his arms and heard the light dripping as the crimson liquid fell from his elbows. He groaned.

"My last shirt... looks like we'll making a trip to Aki's house tomorrow....", he said. He crawled forward until he came to a split from the main vent, where he turned himself around and crawled back to where the bathroom vent opened and a small trail of blood ran down the wall and, convieniently, into the sink. Growling, he quickly took off his shirt and wiped away the blood from the wall and the vent, then he reluctantly put the shirt back on and climbed out. Checking to see if the coast was clear, he made his way to the nearest, most comfortable office available. The oppressing silence frayed Daymon's nerves, giving an extremely ominous feeling to the entire building in general, not just this dark hallway. Removing the hairpin from the front of his shirt, the boy knealt in front of a doorway. Muffled clicks were heard, then the door opened to reveal the CEO's office, adorned with a small television set on a redwood desk with a leather seat a few feet away, facing the window. The room was themed with the sport that had white men dressing like black pimps: Golf.

Golf clubs, golden sculptures of golf clubs and golf balls, golfing trophies and even a picture of golf's most famous celebrity, Tiger Woods, was autographed and hung on the wall. Daymon gagged at this, but had to simultaneously hold back a laugh.

"Well... the higher up in the social ladder you get, the smaller your balls are..."

He peered out of the room before closing and locking the door and propping his feet on the desk while he leaned back on the leather seat and turned on the tv.

"....went missing today at Greenbriar Mall, where she was less than twenty minutes from the home of a registered sex offender..."

Daymon rolled his eyes and quickly started flipping channels. Fragments of conversations filtered from the small speakers in the tv and Daymon had sat up to turn it off so he could go to sleep when he stopped flipping, for only a moment.

A picture of a smiling girl with deep blue green eyes and long auburn hair was on the screen, but only long enough to be glimpsed. The news reporter continued talking when the picture was gone. "Abducted from the Greenbriar area, if you have any information, call..." Then the number flashed on the screen, though Daymon took no heed. He was still stuck on the picture that had been imprinted in his mind. He then realized his mouth was still open and he quickly closed it, blushing from his ears. Rubbing where his arms were cut, he turned off the tv and tried to get comfortable in the leather chair. He had to be ready to walk all the way to Akira's house so it'd be best if he got to sleep now.

As he drifted off, Daymon thought he saw dark forms flitting across the glass that seperated the room he was in from the hallway outside. Small, yellow eyes penetrated the thick plexiglass, but only for a moment. Before he could fully understand what he had saw, they were gone, and accredited to Daymon's overactive imagination and paranoia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unknown to him, the lithe form of a girl ran ahead of the small shadows, leading them in their desperate search for the light that eminated from this lonely building. "Find him!", she hissed pointing down the hall past some CEO's office. She turned on her heel and ran in the opposite direction, her blue-green eyes glowing with an unholy light.

if you're an idiot with a personal vendetta against me, then you might as well not post, cause i'd prefer no bullshist this early in the evening. (not that i'm calling anyone out. just saying.) otherwise, read and reply. if enough people tell me to stop, then i will. (no use living in denial.) thanxness. ^-^

konuk

oh yeah the certaint part about "black pimps" you should change it to funky fresh pimps instead or something like that of giving a racial term.......plz don't flame me pickle

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
lol i'll updart when i type the next chapter. and even if it does sound a little racist.. well, that's kinda the intent of the joke.. see, i'm half black, half white, so i find it EXTREMELY difficult to be racist. it runs in the family, i suppose.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
>_> KY is luckay.

>.< Well, I don't know.

Are you lucky? You get a ton of jokes that way... >.>

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
This is the second updartedness... it's boring. i know. >.< i know it's gonna be boring but i have to get through the boring. so bear with me. and this chap is short, so yeah... oh and just if you were curious, when i write this stuff i've only listened to "the music or the misery" (fall out boy) or "build god, then we'll talk" (panic! at the disco).

Two.

The tall, slender grandfather clock in a dark corner of the well furnished room rang at the hour of five. Daymon's eyes fluttered open quickly, though he stayed unmoving for a few minutes. Muffled scratches, even a few squeaks, had started erupting from one of the doors to the office. The doorknob rustled, but since it had been locked, there was no getting in, or out, in Daymon's case, though the mock-barricade.
Quietly, he stood, disregarding everything as he trained all his senses on the door with sound behind it. From far away there seemed to be a shriek, and Daymon took the absence of sound that followed as a cue to leave. Silently unlocking the door opposite of the slowly returning noise, he ran into the hall, and seeing the small shadow creatures, made a break for a room on the far end of the dimly lit hallway.

Barely escaping the raking claws of the ferocious shadow beasts, the boy slammed the door shut to find himself back in the bathroom. A red smear on the wall indicated the location of the vent, and Daymon quickly made his way to the metal escape route. This time, though, instead of merely jumping and trying to reach, Daymon stood on the sink faucet, he tried to use the mirror as a foothold and he even found a hole in the wall, however small it was. He had half of his body in the vent before he had to use any upper body strength.

"Yes.. I know. No. We thought he-"

Daymon froze as he heard a feminine voice mutter something in a frustrated tone. Quickly dismissing the voice as one of the "early birds" to work, he continued crawling forward, passing the vent where the voice had originated from. "If all goes well, sir. If all goes well." The voice gradually faded as Daymon found himself above a room with file cabinets and decided that this was the perfect, if only, room he could escape from.

He jumped down and landed, with a loud crash, on a dark blue, metal cabinet. Poking his head out the doorway, he found he was directly opposite from a set of stairs that, apparently, lead to the lobby. He readily took the stairs and, after what seemed like an eternity of going down flight after flight of slate-gray, footworn steps, he made his way through the lobby.

Outside, the eery blue twilight cast shadows that cut into Daymon's paranoia like razorwire. He shivered and looked to the sky, which was covered in ashes, foretelling of rain that was to come later. The boy lowered his grey-eyed gaze back to the world he resided in and started walking, slowly at first, but picking up speed as he felt the merciless wind peirce through his t-shirt.

After at least half an hour, Daymon reached a shabby house on the outskirts of the town and saw his best and only freind, Akira, there waiting. She stared at the darkening sky, not seeming to notice Daymon's presence until he sat beside her, scowling. "I hurt my arms." he muttered tersely, not looking at the dark haired girl.

"No one can hear you if you mutter."

"Can I have a shirt?", Daymon asked, making sure he was heard by leaning so close to his friend that their noses touched, though he immediately regretted it when Akira's mother opened the screen door. Looking from the boy to Akira, back to the boy, she turned around and left without a word. Akira sighed and shook her head, and stood.

"Breakfast?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Nearly an hour later, Daymon left Akira's house with new clothes and bandaged arms. He no longer worried about the shadows that ate away at the edge of the bushes and crevices, illuminated in the cold, dim half-light of a day cloaked in storm clouds, for his paranoia had been quelled by merely spending time with his childhood friend.

The boy started walking, gradually becoming aware of the blue-green eyes that followed his every movement, and he quickly grew annoyed. After numerous irritated glances over his shoulder, he finally turned around to confront the curious observer, but found himself standing alone in the street as the raindrops began falling.

so that's it. reviews're always appreciated. and if some of the stuff seems random on here.. it's because i was watching american idol and trying to type at the same time. xD

Last edited:

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
It was actually very good ^^ Akira is lucky that her mother didnt go all OMGWTFBBQ!!!!111 on her...my mother would -_-

That other girl is very....enigmatic...ooh big word. Nice updart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back