• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Book Suggestions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so far as I know there is no thread like this.

Here we can suggest books and give no more than a paragraph summary or a link to one for others to read. Wanna keep a tally of them all? I know I have a list of over 20 so far I think.

Sooo start!

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
Nice list, ER. o_O I was going to make a list of my suggestions and almost all of them are on there.

1. The Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien
6. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
9. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, CS Lewis
12. Wuthering Heights, Emily Brontë
25. The Hobbit, JRR Tolkien
30. Alice's Adventures In Wonderland, Lewis Carroll
35. Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Roald Dahl

Those should definitely keep you busy for awhile, especially Wuthering Heights, although I finished it rather quickly because it was that good. ;)

Josiah

Quarian Power!
XD!... I Recommend You Read ALL The Narnia Books >.>;; ...Lord Of The Rings Is Good, But I'd Take Narnia Over LoTR's Anyday 0_0;; ...C.S. LEWIS FTW!!!! XD!!

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Alice in Wonderland, like Flare mentioned, is a really good book. Definitely read it.

Anything by Tamora Pierce if you're a girl and you like fantasy and adventure.

The Redwall series by Brian Jacques..shoot, anything by Jacques.

Castle of Magics by Caroline Stervermer.

Diana Wynne Jones' books. She wrote Howl's Moving Castle and its sequel Castle in the Air as well. (Yes...Miyazaki based his movies on those books.) Also, the Chrestomanci Chronicles are pretty good.

The Witches of Eileanan series by Kate Forsyth. Really good, based on Wicca kind of, and a little..descriptive and long (six big fat books) but so much fun to read.

I'll add more when I think of them.

R4TM

Website
www.myspace.com
hear the wind blow.

awesome bookas hell

cant remember the author! >_<

and uh..

number the stars.

also cant remember the author.

other than that

harry potter series
Narnia series

all i can think of right now

T

Tyler Durden

The Dragon Lance chronicles and legends. they pwn everything else.

too bad their buthcering it in an animated movie. that blows

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
The best book with literary merit is Wuthering Heights.

Without merit, the best is The Sight.

Lionheart

I like His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman and Eragon/Eldest by CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI . Lord of the Rings books, and the Chronicles of Narnia (which I haven't finished) are really good too!

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Magician's nephew CS Lewis, the first book in the narnia series.... that noone ever reads, even though it's the most important one.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
The Magician's Nephew was my favorite, by far. The surrealism was more in check, which really was the only problem I had with the other books.

Velocity - Dean Koontz

His Dark Materials trilogy - Philap Pullman

Anything by Ray Bradbury, and I mean, anything.

The Artemis Fowl series (easily my favorite 'children's' book of all time.) - Eion Colfer

Anything that Douglas Adams has touched is solid gold.

I, Robot and the Foundation series - Isaac Asimov

There're some others, too, but I can't think of them :O

~Dorian Gray

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Yeah, IMO The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe is the Best Narnia Book. Is just seems more of an "Adventure of a lifetime" That with the other books, But I reccomend you read all of them... Especially The Magicians Nephew next the The Lion The Witch and the Wardobe! ^^;;

Lionheart

I'm only on the third book (Prince Caspien), but the ones before it were really good (Magicians Nephew; The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; and A Horse and His Boy). Books by Terry Brooks, or Erin Hunter are really good!

?Heavenly Beast?

Green Angel by Alice Hoffman: "Left on her own when her family dies in a terrible disaster, fifteen-year-old Green is haunted by loss and by the past. Struggling to survive physically and emotionally in a place where nothing seems to groe and ashes everywhere, Green retreats into the reined realm of her garden. But in the destroying her feelings, she also begins to destroy herself, erasing the girl she'd once been as she inks darkness into her skin. It is only through a series of mysterious encounters that Green can relearn the lessons of love and begin to heal enough to tell her story." - Back cover.

I read this when I was 12 and it still is by far one of my favorite books and one of the best I've ever read. A surreal book or growth through the dark and light, anyone who wants a new and interesting read should definitely check out this book.

Fading2Darkness

In a cardboard box trying to ship myself to Alaska
So many great books but a few of my faves are:

The Sight by David Clement Davies, its a great book for all ages about wolves, I cried at the end its a sad book but one I highly recommend

Eragon and Eldest by Cristopher Paolini, pretty good series, very long but a compelling read

The Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer, I just finished his newest bookThe Lost Colony after not reading them for a long time and remembered why I liked the Artemis Fowl series in the first place

Lionheart

Green Rider is an awesome book! And so is its sequal.
(The third book is coming)
Anything by Tamora Pierce is really great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back