• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Birth By Sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoXS

Birth by Sleep

Chapter One: Beginnings

Narrator: At the beginning of time, before the Keyblade chose Sora as its true master, a group of normal kid’s lives were changed when He disappeared. The Prophecy spoke of it, but none of the three…Chasers knew what would come of it. When they were approached by the hooded figure telling them that they were chosen, they had no idea how epic their adventure would be. So epic, that one of them wouldn’t make it through…

Setting: 14 B.S. (Before Sora), Twilight City, Terra

Terra stepped into his father’s room. He spoke aloud to himself “Where is it…?” He continued to look around the room until he found it. A small circular locket with a very ornate G inscribed on it. He smirked as he looked at it, but he quickly looked at the door. His father could not know he had this. He carefully closed the Japanese style sliding door behind him and stepped into the hallway to find himself face to face with his father. He gasped out loud and dropped the locket in shock.
With a one look, and only one look, his father demanded an explanation. Terra sighed and started.
“I’m leaving.”
There, plain and simple. He thought to himself.
“I have to leave to find somebody. I wanted to take the locket as a good luck charm. I know how much it helped you back when you were in…the war.” He said quietly. His father did not know that Terra knew where he really was during the three years he had left his family. Everyone thought he was at war, but Terra knew better.
He quickly rearranged his face and waited for his father to respond.
“Okay,” He said after a while, “You may take this with you. Believe it or not son, I know where you are going. I know of the Prophecy. And, believe it or not, I WAS at war.”
His father gave him a sly smile and turned away.

---MEANWHILE IN THE RADIANT GARDEN---
Aqua ran around to the other side of the castle’s garden and made a reflective spell around herself. As the Rogue ran at her, it immediately got shot backwards due to her Reflectra spell. The Rogue stood up and threw something at her spell. The shield shattered and crumbled to the garden path, disappearing as soon as it touched the ground. She pointed her practice wand at the Rogue and multiple flames shot out at it, encircling it then closing in. The Rogue caught on fire and evaporated into the air, leaving behind a foul smell. Aqua rolled her eyes.
“I hate those things. They’re so predictable!” She said out loud to herself. Panting, she turned towards her castle and sighed. “I'm turning 18 in two weeks! I won’t be here for my own coronation! What will the people of Radiant Garden think?” She said frantically.
Just then, another Rogue appeared behind her. It struck.
Aqua cried out as the Rogue’s claws struck her and shot a quick thunder spell in its direction. “I thought the shield went up when I finished practicing!” She yelled, “Geoffrey!” She yelled impatiently.
Her servant appeared loyally beside her. “Yes, ma’am?” He asked.
“Why didn’t the shield go up after I killed the trainee Rogue? I got attacked by a REAL one!” She shrieked at him. He replied in a bored, monotone voice.
“I'm sorry, miss. It won’t happen again.” And he disappeared.
Aqua suddenly became sad. “No, it WON’T happen again. I'm leaving tomorrow. I won’t be training on these grounds for a long time!” and with those last sad thoughts, she went inside the castle to tell her parents about her departure. She didn’t want to leave before her little sister was born, but she had no choice. Her parents told her they were thinking of naming her Kairi. The name meant water, just like her own name.

---MEANWHILE IN THE DESTINY ISLANDS---
Ventous hit the ground hard. The enemy pushed into him, hard, and knocked the breath out of him. He took his sword in hand and slashed at the punching dummy, cutting it in half. Sweat fell down his forehead as he took a breather. His mother gently opened the door to the gym and peered inside.
“Ven,” she called softly in the pet name she used for him, “Where are you going? I found a note in your room, and your bags are packed. You would tell me if you’re leaving, right?”
Ven sighed and turned to his mother with a mournful look on his face.
“Yes, mother,” He started lowly, “I have to go for a while. But don’t worry! Sora will take care of you right?” His little brother had just peeked his tiny head around his mother’s legs and peered at Ven. He smiled in a way that only a baby could and said nonsense words.
His mother smiled sweetly and nodded. “Sora is a big boy! He can take of me just fine. But please, Ven, don’t do anything that could endanger you. I know how you are.” She added with a worried tone, but Ven had no reply to that. He knew that danger was the only thing ahead for him. Why had he accepted the mission?! In sensible thought, he never would have done that!
“I promise, mother,” He said, looking away from her. After she had left, Sora still stared at him. Ven spoke directly at him, although he knew that Sora was too young to understand.
“I'm not going to be back for quite some time, little guy. Don’t forget me, just erase me…”

Chapter Two: Books

Setting: 14 B.S., Disney Castle, Aqua
As Aqua walked through the castle’s vast hallways, she became more and more homesick.
“These walls look exactly like MY walls…” She complained to herself. She turned the corner and saw one of the castle’s workers. “Excuse me!” She cried out, running towards the worker. “Do you know where the audience chamber is? I'm supposed to be meeting someone…”
The worker, who was no more than a broom and seemed to holding a bucket, said nothing, but pointed towards the humongous doors at the end of the hallway. Aqua smacked herself in the forehead, “Duh,” She murmured aloud, “How could I be so stupid? Thanks!” She said to the worker and set off to the door.

---MEANWHILE---
Terra settled into the seat assigned to him in the audience chamber. After giving the room a quick scan, he found that there were only three chairs in the room. Well, three chairs and a throne, where surely their host will sit.
He curiously glanced at the other two chairs to see who would be sitting there. One of the chairs read “Aqua” and the other “Ventous”. He wondered who they were and if they were his age. He was pondering over this when the Audience Chamber’s doors bursted open and the culprit stood frozen at the door, apparently surprised the door would make such noise.
This girl had bluish hair, which, alone, was a weird quality, but the way she walked into the room had such an impact on Terra that he wasn’t sure if this girl was in the right place. She had a whiff of royalty about her and the way she held her head up made her look extremely stuck up. Could such a high maintenance girl be on the same mission as he was?
She took her seat in the chair labeled “Aqua” and crossed her legs. She took a glance at Terra and her eyes lingered for a moment. Then she looked away and rolled her eyes. Terra caught this and he immediately didn’t like this girl.

---MEANWHILE---
Ven ran into the castle after being let through the gates by the worker.
“Oh noooo,” he moaned out loud, “I'm late!” He kept running through the castle, hoping that eventually he would find the Audience Chamber. He ran into a small room and found many books inside of it. He temporarily forgot about why he was here and started to look at the books.
He picked up the nearest book “The Makings of a Heart” and flipped through it. He found weird diagrams and illustrations. He looked at the other books that were in that pile. “The Importance of a Body” and “How to Make—“. The title of the last book had a word scratched out.
Ven opened the book and found pictures of people cowering before some sort of creature. The next picture showed a heart shaped thing coming out of them. The next one showed the heart shaped object turning into the creature the person was cowering from.
Ven gasped out loud. How could anyone have books like these? He asked himself. Ven looked at his watch and remembered about his meeting. He ran down the hallway and found a humongous door. He opened it to find a boy and a girl sitting at the other end of the room, which seemed to be a mile away. He walked over to them and sat at the chair labeled “Ventous”.

Chapter 3: Intentions

Setting: 14 B.S., Disney Castle, Terra
Terra eyed the newcomer curiously as he sat down at his seat. As soon as he sat down, the floor beneath the throne opened up and someone stepped up the newly revealed steps.
They were cloaked completely, their face hidden, and they spoke in a deep, gravelly voice.
“I see you have all arrived. You have my deepest gratitude.”
Terra looked on at the figure. He had not yet revealed his name, but Terra remembered distinctly when he approached him in the cyber arcade at Twilight City and told him about the mission.

Setting: Two weeks previous, Twilight City

Terra had been playing Space-Time Destruction in Lee’s Cyber Arcade when the door jingled its polyphonic alert; someone had just walked in. Terra was used to people entering the arcade, of course, so he didn’t automatically turn towards the door. But when the beeping of the machines suddenly stopped as the other kids turned to look at the newcomer, he became curious.
He turned his head slowly to look at the figure at the door. This person was tall with a cloak on, the type of cloak that hid your face. He seemed to be staring straight ahead at Terra, so Terra felt chills going down his spine. The situation grew worse when the figure walked towards him.
It stopped in front of him as the other gamers stared gawk-eyed at them. He motioned towards the front of the arcade and spoke in a low, gravelly voice:
“I need to speak to you…”
Terra, who was completely transfixed by the figure, had no choice but to follow him, or at least Terra thought it was a ‘him’, out to the front of the store. The figure turned in front of the store and spoke to him once again.
“I assume you know of the Prophecy that Oswald the Clairvoyant made long ago?”
Terra did not know how to respond to such an outrageous statement. “Of course, everyone knows of the prophecy. Nobody knows what it means, but everyone knows about it.”
The figure seemed to smile inside his cloak. He chuckled so as to make sure I knew he was pleased. “Great, would you like to prevent it from coming true?” He added, ominously.
Terra actually took a step back and stared at the figure. He stuttered as he spoke, “W-what? H-how can I, a 17 year old kid, stop a prophecy from coming true?”
And from that point on, Terra had been questioning this man’s intentions. Had the man had other thoughts when he asked Terra to help change the future? Terra could not find an answer to that, but he knew that he would find out soon. And that is how he found himself in front of the man in a humongous throne room, surrounded by strange people with colorful hair.

Chapter 4: Missons

Aqua sat in the uncomfortable cushioned chair in the audience chamber and stared impatiently at Terra. He seemed to be elsewhere and the figure standing in front of them was looking impatient as well. She used her foot, which was styled with a black stiletto heel, to kick the leg of his chair.
He snapped back to reality and the figure seemed to be pleased. Aqua smiled to herself and turned to the figure.
He took off his cloak to reveal a young face. He had long white hair and wore spectacles which rested on his nose. His face, although fairly young looking, was hard and stern. It was the face of someone who had seen things that normal people would never even dream of.
His blue eyes were piercing and seemed to stare right into the soul of the three teenagers in the room. He stared at them for a long time and then spoke in his low, gravelly voice.
“Hello, my young apprentices. I have called upon you because I know of your skills.”
At this point, the man smiled. After a moment, he continued speaking.
“Terra, you have an air about you that exhumes confidence and leadership. You’re a powerful person, but you know when to step down and you can recognize a good idea when you see one.”
He turned to Ven.
“Ven, you are a weapons master. You can handle any weapon given to you with masterful techniques that would make the great Alexander tremble. You will be a great source of power to your team.”
His smile grew as he turned to Aqua. Aqua shifted uncomfortably in her seat and her hair seemed to glow a radiant blue.
“Aqua, my dear Aqua. You have been extensively trained in the field of magick and you know how to strategize in sticky situations. You have defensive as well as offensive tactics in your arsenal and with your abilities your team will be easily led to victory.”
When he finished speaking, he stared at the three of them for a long time. Aqua got tired of the silence and was the first to speak.
“What do you mean by ‘team’? Aren’t we doing this alone?”
“No, Aqua. The three of you are going together. Separately, only one of you has a chance of surviving against what you will be facing,” He then added something once he saw a curious look on Aqua’s face, “The identity of this person is not important at the moment. The three of you will need to work together in order to defeat what is yet to come. If you accept this, your first mission will be at the Radiant Garden. Go to my cellar and you shall find two small rodents with a ship. That ship is programmed to take you to the Radiant Garden. When you arrive, I will explain the mission.”
Aqua had an excited look on her face after hearing what the man had to say. I'm going home!

RoXS

Chapter 5: Temptations

Setting: Gummi Ship, Ven
As Ven sat in between Terra and Aqua, who didn’t seem to like each other much, he wondered about the books he had found in the library. He flinched as he thought about the gruesome pictures inside of it, the pictures that showed a person turning into some horrifying creature.
He looked up from his seat and saw Aqua’s bushel of hair.
This girl needs to get a hair cut, Ven thought to himself. But after taking a second look, he found that she was very cute. She turned to face him and smiled a smile that could move mountains. But right after the dazzling smile, Ven turned away. The cloaked man had said something to him before they had left the audience chamber, although Ven could not be sure it had been the man at all.
As the three of them had gotten up from the audience chamber to leave, a voice had rung out through the room, “Don’t give in to your temptations,” it had said to no one in particular, but the other two didn’t seem to hear the voice, so Ven assumed it had been meant for him.
Now, sitting in the gummi ship across from the beautiful Aqua, Ven felt those temptations appear. Were these the ones the voice spoke of? There can’t possibly be temptations greater than these…
Terra was now standing near the window of the gummi ship, looking down on some invisible monument with a contempt look on his face.
What can someone like him be thinking about?
Ven walked over to him, glad to have a distraction from Aqua. “Hey, Terra, we were never properly introduced. My name is Ventous, Ven for short.”
Terra acknowledged Ven’s existence, but barely. He made a sound that sounded like a low grunt, but sounded distantly like a “Hello.”

Haku

<3
Yeah to add to what Lectori stated about the chapter length try to make them a bit more detailed otherwise they'll be the the exact length in which you want them to be at, currently the way things are it feels a bit rushed.

Also make sure to when you go for lengthy chapters to split them up its much easier to read something that way other than trying to read a huge block of text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back