• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best Zelda game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinji Hiko

I have beat:

The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Zelda II: Adventure of Link
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

I've played The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, I got really far in it but it really got repetitive and boring. I also never got around to beating Oracle of Time, I'm pretty sure I have it. I own Four Swords but I got really bored with it, really fast.

What would you say is the best Zelda game ever?

I know a lot of people are going to say the best Zelda is either the first one, "The Legend of Zelda" or the 3rd one "The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past". Also "The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time" can be put in this list. All 3 of those games truely innovative and excellent games.

But my favorite Zelda so far has to be The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask. The reason is because of the story, the gameplay and the graphically style of the game. The game was created in one year (according to the G4TechTV show Icons). Its just a wonderful game, there is really a lot of character developement in the game. You really get to know the characters, their daily actions, their personalities. Also the story does not include Link saving Zelda which by the time the game came out (besides Link's Awakening) all you had to do was save Zelda. Its a repetitive story line, I know its the classic story line but you get bored of it. Majora's Mask has a quirky funny story that I really enjoyed. The mask system is also awesome, being able to play as 5 differents Links is really fun. Its just a really nice game. I own it in English and Imported Japanese. In my opinion, this is the best ever for me.

What would you say is the best handheld Zelda?

I have no played Minish Cap to much (except in Japanese on an emulator). But my favorite Zelda game for a handheld is The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening. For the soul fact you play in a different world than Hyrule. I enjoyed the story in the game as well which was to watch up the Wind Fish by collecting 8 instruments. I've beat the original game and the DX game. Both without dying once and got the little secreting ending.

Those are in my opinion the best so far. I can't wait for the Gamecube game.

O

OneWingedAngel08

I think the best Zelda ever would be OOT the game is so beautifully drawn together it really impressed me the first time I played it not to mention the game play is a 10/10 The music rocks and it has a decent storyline. My favorite hand held would be Link to the past for GBA. I really liked the game on super nintendo so of course I would like it for GBA. Not to mention 4 swords was fun as hell!

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
The best Zelda game I've ever played is A Link to the Past. Orcania of Time just used most of it's elements from this game, like the eight dungeons and the hookshot. The best handheld Zelda game I've ever played is the Minish. It was a funny game and I enjoyed playing it, just wish it was a little longer, but was good for a Zelda game on GBA.

EnigmaticWarrior

My favorite Zelda game is OoT. It one of the first N64 games that I had ever played if I remember correctly. It was also the first Zelda game that I have ever played. The game was probably the most challenging games I ever played in my entire life, with all of figuring out all the puzzles, heart pieces, and other hidden sidequest stuff. I was only around 8 years old when I played this game. :D I have A Link to the Past w/ Four Swords for the GBA and that took me a while to beat also. I'm planning to get The Minish Cap soon once I save up enough money again.

Cole

eek, thats tough, it would either be OOT or MM. OOT was completly revolutoinary, and MM completly through the series in a completly different, dark direction. I can't choose, between these two games, its like asking whats cooler OOT Ganon or MM Fierce Diety Link, there is no answer.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
definantly orcarina of time , i've never played a handheld zelda game so can't comment on that. Orcarina of time was my faviorite since i didn't like the way majora's mask was played like (with the whole time thing) and orcarina of time i found really fun

E

ElfSenshi

I'd have to say OoT cause I've never played any handheld zelda games or old nintendo ones, and the wind waker graphics, gahhhhhh, so stupid. MM was okay, i didn't have a problem with the time thing, but what was the deal with using all the same characters?!

Cloud302

In my room playing PS2 (hopefully soon to be PS3)
Ok, I'll post my oppinion now.

For best Zelda game of all time (out of the ones that I've played) I would definitely choose Ocarina of Time.

For best handheld Zelda (out of ones I played) I would have to say Link's Awakening

The Zeldas that I've played are
1. The Legend of Zelda (the first, or original)
2. Zelda: Link's Awakening
3. Oracle of Ages
4. Wind Waker (only for about 5 minutes)
5. Ocarina of Time

mix

OOT is my all time fav zelda game because the graphics were awsome for the N64 and it was really fun and the puzzels were tough and it was just awsome

C

chaoschao

Link To The Past is my favorite, but Minish Cap is growing on me slowly...I love that game.

EnderWiggin

Oot has to be one of the best. MM was a good game but the ending really pissed me off, what the heck happened to looking for Navi?!?!?!?!

A

Aurillian

I definately think Ocarina of Time was the best zelda game i've played so far. I think it had the most depth and challenge of the console games. Probably also because it was the first time link ran in 3D. I am however hopeful about the next chapter in the zelda saga, as long as they don't do cell shading again. ;)

Dark Sephiroth

my favorite so far whould have to be
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Minishing Cap
but the new Zelda thts coming out onGamecube is going to be the best. i already seen some of the pic, movies, n reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back