• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Behind the names

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

strike raider

North Carolina, the worst place in america.....
Website
southbrookchurch.com
I think that Square-enix and Disney put some thought when coming up with Sora and Riku's names. I think they came up with the names based on the personalities the set for them.
"Sora" which means sky or heaven in japenese since sora seems some what care free like the clouds and just open with people. As for "Riku" which means land or shore(and usally has to do with being land locked or land near the sea) was probably chosen because he is more down to eart and a more serious. Also the fact that he felt trapped(land locked) and wanted to get of Destiny Islands with a boat(which has to do with the shore).
As for Kairi, Im not so sure about because it has alot of different meanings but one im taking notice to the most is enstranglement and seperation.

Oathy

phantom thief
Awards
Website
vintage-aerith.deviantart.com
i translated Kairi and it means "nautical mile", which roughly could mean "sea" or "ocean". this makes sense, since she washed up on destiny islands when she was very little. Ansem mentioned in one of his reports (not sure if it was a Final Mix or regular Report) that he "has chosen a special girl" and he will send her "to the ocean" of...well, Destiny Islands!

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Her name also means "Separation". And well... she did create tension between the guys. In fact She is the reason Riku dove into the darkness even deeper. To save her heart. Too bad Maleficent is dead, or I'd kick her @$$ for manipulating Riku.

leonheart18

Website
s7.invisionfree.com
I guess Sora could have meaning as heaven or sky because he weilds the keyblade which chooses the purest of heart, such as his. So I guess he could be considered like an angel destroying the darkness.

dreamless

Website
www.khguides.com
If Sora=sky, Riku=land/shore, and Kairi=ocean/sea:
All of them together would make a world with vital elements.
I would have never thought about looking that up.
Very good observation, strike raider.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I've come up with possible names of BHK:

Boufuu- Storm
Chinamu- Connected
Dousojin- Guardian
Gakkari- Heart
Boukon- Soul
Amea Anbu- Other Side
Of coarse they'll have to be translated

Da_BlackSora

dreamless said:
If Sora=sky, Riku=land/shore, and Kairi=ocean/sea:
All of them together would make a world with vital elements.
I would have never thought about looking that up.
Very good observation, strike raider.

wouldnt that mean that they r missin one

sky: could stand for wind
land: earth
ocean:water
and usually ther is a fire person too right

sora28

i knew there was some connection between their names, sky sea and land...it sounds like the elements of destiny islands. and they all grew up there, even though kairi came from bastion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back