• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBC's Sherlock - Episode 1 on PBS this Sunday!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

krexia

Translator
Awards
Sherlock is a 21st century update of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's stories, and it's awesome. It was created by Doctor Who writers Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, and while the first season consists of only three 90-minute episodes, more are now planned for next year.

The region 2 DVD will be out on August 30th, and Sherlock will air in the USA on PBS starting on October 24th (Masterpiece | Sherlock | PBS).

I know, I know, Sherlock Holmes in the 21st century could easily be complete rubbish - but they've done a wonderful job of cutting out all the period paraphernalia you usually see in SH adaptations, and making this series about the unlikely friendship and crime-solving adventures SH was always meant to be about. There are a lot of little nods to the old canon, but the show is also great fun in its own right. I seriously recommend checking it out.

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Re: BBC's Sherlock

I was thinking about making a thread about this at some point but never got round to it.

I'll admit that when I saw the words 'modern day sherlock holmes' in an article I let out a massive "here we go again" groan. But I watched it nonetheless, and wow...was I wrong about my assumptions, it was great.

I wasn't sure about Martin Freeman as Watson when he first turned up...and I'm still not totally sold on him, but Cumberbatch is fantastic as Holmes.

Sad that it was only 3 episodes and the cliffhanger...god damn.

krexia

Translator
Awards

Sad that it was only 3 episodes and the cliffhanger...god damn.
I'm somewhat mollified by the fact that they're going to make more, even if we do have to wait a WHOLE YEAR. Meanwhile I've preordered the Blu-ray and am looking forward to seeing the unaired pilot.

As for the casting, yes, Cumberbatch is just stunning as Holmes. And I like Freeman as Watson because I'm so used to him doing the exasperated, long-suffering thing in The Office. Even Graves as Lestrade is a great choice. The only character that rubbed me the wrong was was the spoilery one at the end of episode 3...

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I can see that by your inability to spell his name.

Yes, because every where else I've mentioned him here I haven't, but of course as you've never seen such posts you would assume a typo would get you to such fantastic conclusions.

krexia

Translator
Awards

My Blu-ray shipped on Saturday and still isn't here, goddammit. I want to see the unaired, Pilot version of A Study in Pink.

krexia

Translator
Awards

Bump for great justice!

First episode airs this Sunday on PBS. Watch it.

krexia

Translator
Awards
So did you see it? Was it awesome? I'm thinking of re-watching the series for a fifth time.

Hopeless

Website
www.jackedupondrpepper.deviantart.com
I've been looking for a thread for this! Sherlock has now become my life :D

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned yet, you can see the first two episodes free on the PBS Masterpiece site until December, but I recommend just going ahead and ordering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back