• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Battle System Theory [BBS]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Member XIV

Ok, from seeing the famitsu screens from JF 08. I was looking at the gameplay screens for Terra, and I think I figured out, possibly, what the battle system is like. If you notice on his command menu, there is 4 commands. I also see Triangle and O. Maybe, you learn a whole set of abilities, and set them to the Triangle, X, O, Square buttons (Similar to shortcut menu). Then you create combos by pressing the four buttons in a certain order (Like Valkyrie Profile).

Stars

リク
Ok, from seeing the famitsu screens from JF 08. I was looking at the gameplay screens for Terra, and I think I figured out, possibly, what the battle system is like. If you notice on his command menu, there is 4 commands. I also see Triangle and O. Maybe, you learn a whole set of abilities, and set them to the Triangle, X, O, Square buttons (Similar to shortcut menu).

Yeah, i think that too, but one of the buttons must be set for common physical attack..

Then you create combos by pressing the four buttons in a certain order (Like Valkyrie Profile).

Never thought about it before...lol
But there is a "Focus" above the HP bar.. i think we can use some other powerful attack and abilities when the gauge reach a certain degree..

shadow15

:thumbsup: but i wonder if we'll have to use the analog stick or the arrow buttons.
There's probably a lot of combo moves,Nomura was talking about combining spells or something in an interview.

Member XIV

Well, maybe the focus bar is built up after doing so many hits from combos, after, you can use a special attack from terra (like in the screens)

As for fusing abilities that would work like slights, I notice that parts of the menu stick out on the list, maybe you press the right on the D PAD for the abilities you want to combine, then execute them.

DanceMacabre

I think a cool idea would be u set your moves to each of the shape buttons, then when your gauge fills and you can enter focus mode, different more powerful attacks are assigned to the shape buttons instead for until the gauge runs out. As for how you can fill the gauge, I don't know. Chaining successful combos?
we will see in a year or so.

SORA619

Awards
Ok, from seeing the famitsu screens from JF 08. I was looking at the gameplay screens for Terra, and I think I figured out, possibly, what the battle system is like. If you notice on his command menu, there is 4 commands. I also see Triangle and O. Maybe, you learn a whole set of abilities, and set them to the Triangle, X, O, Square buttons (Similar to shortcut menu). Then you create combos by pressing the four buttons in a certain order (Like Valkyrie Profile).

you can customise combos or something like it. that is what i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back