• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Batman or Superman

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who do u like better... Batman or Superman?

• Batman

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Superman

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Idiot said:
BATMAN COZ HE IS LIEK TEH COOL!!@11OMG!21
Could you people please post why you prefer Batman to Superman. It would help in turning this thread into an actual debate.

Anyways, I don't really prefer either. I'm not that much of a DC fan. I prefer my Marvel like I do my Sony. -_-;
But in order to rebutt the majority favour to Batman, I remembered a quote from the OC when Seth asked Zach who his favourite superhero was. Zach replied Superman and gave reasons. I managed to find a version written poorly by a fan. I can't be bothered the edit the quote but her it is to add fuel to the fire.

Zach from the OC said:
no he seems perfect but he’s not (sits down) I mean if you think about it (Ryan looks around the room) he’s actually kinda messed up, I mean he lost his parents, he lost his whole planet he’s like totally alone (Seth looks at him) an this is a guy who could take over the world if he wanted but he doesn’t (Seth looks at Ryan out of the corner of his eyes) he just keeps helping people why would he do that y'know...unless, he was tryin'a make a connection, trying ta like find his way home

Crap, I know. But it's understandable. Now argue.

LittleLegs

this is so lopsided to batman...wheres all those superman freaks out there so we can have a debate.

what Zach from oc said is true but i still find superman lame

reason why

1. lame costume
2. weak against kryptonite(spellin) which is lame
3. lame villians
4. he has superspeed, super strength, can see through walls, shoot fire thru his eyes, and his other powers which i think is too much for 1 superhero

the only thing i dont like about batman is his sidekick ROBIN...i think robin is even worse than superman

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I'll just rebutt for the hell of it.

LittleLegs said:
1. lame costume
Well that's a matter of opinion. Daredevils original yellow costume was bad in my opinion but yet the artists thought he look good that way. I think the underwear on the outside is a very fashionable look.

2. weak against kryptonite(spellin) which is lame
From what I've gathered, he's not "weak" against kryptonite. It just makes him 'human'. Since Krypton was his home planet and he didn't have powers there.

3. lame villians
Again, matter of opinion. I happen to think Lex Luthors a rather cunning bad guy.

4. he has superspeed, super strength, can see through walls, shoot fire thru his eyes, and his other powers which i think is too much for 1 superhero
These arn't powers that were given to him. He only has them because he's on Earth. If he were on Krypton, it'd be a differant matter. And as you already know, his powers can be taken care of simply with kryptonite.

And with my lack of knowledge and interest, I will defend Supermans honour just for a debate.

x-knight

first of all im not a nerd

for this debate i would have to say superman is better than batman why?
1. super man has got wicked superpowers while batman has none

2. superman's weakness is Kryptonite but it requires a lot of money to get the crystals in there universe, batman is afraid of guns i no about this becuase i have read about it it many issues he is like that becuase of his past.

3. batman does die frequent times in some of the spin off titles of batman
while super man has never been killed off (justice legue)
4. what can batman do apart from be rich swing on a rope and be killed by measly bullets
while super man is the man of stell not only can he be imperveous to bullets he can dodge them with the slightist bit of energy and alor run/ lfy faster than them

5. in one of the movies superman turned back time to save his love from bing crushed in a fissure. only great thing batman has done is stop gotham form frezzing only with the help of batgirl and robin (he could not hav done it by himself)

6. super man can fly yet batman cannot at all apart from his gadgets which can easliy be destoyerd

6.2 batman cannnot fly but he calls himself batman (kinda stupid aint it)

i am not a nerd not matta what u think
im a big fan of super heroes and heroines i am not againt batman iam just answer the question hus a beta super hero

the reason y i am say this notes at the bottom is becuase there are people that are bat fanatics and would probably have mi head on a pike for saying this.

S

Shadow Soldier

Damn.. these forums might as well be called anti superman fans...

I prefer superman... even though you people say he is like """oh look at me""" thats not true. In the old ones where christopher reeve sucked at the superman role, he was like that. But the new superman stuff... like smallville.. he keeps his powers secret and rather have no media unlike batman... i mean for gods sake... the bat signal? What if he is in a shower... welll than gotham is screwed. And whats this... he swings... knock of spiderman... yeah.

Superman though... he has a reason to be there all the time... one... he has super hearing... xray vision... quick reflexes... and is in town alot! while batman is in his mansion and just waits for the damn light to come on.

I vote superman... cuz he just has so much more of an interesting plot and background to him.

Oh and if you think batman is so great.. why did he bomb london?
lb.gif

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
After watching Kill Bill Vol. 2, I developed some respect for Superman (If you can't figure out why, don't bother asking, just watch the movie). Superman is interesing to some because of who he is. While most superheroes were secret identities, Superman is the very opposite. He's always been Superman, but not always Clark Kent. Clark Kent is the way that Superman views humanity, weak, unreliable, untrustworhty, etc. I find that interesting.

billabong

ain't yo granny's
Website
facebook.com
What? I thought Krytonite hurt him? That's weird because in Smallville (Clark Kent as a teenager) it's said that Kryptonite would kill him after a prolonged amount of time. And I believe Smallville's right because heck, the had Christopher Reeve. (fyi--ORIGINAL SUPERMAN) Anyways, to add to my other post...

Batman: Pros
He's human, we can relate to him
He's got a bunch of cool gadgets
He has an uber mask
He's got a bunch of vehicles
He's got a unique and very cool lair
He's rich
Cool Villains
Cool Logo

CONS
No superpowers (that's both pro and con)
Underpants on the outside (this actually depends on the version)

Superman: Pros
He's got superpowers
He's an alien
There's romance in his comic (Lois Lane)
He can see through clothes (come ON already, we all know we want that!)
His youth seems cool (Smallville's a great show)
Cool Logo
Some villains are cool

CONS
He's got too MANY superpowers
His color combination (in his costume) isn't so cool
He works at a newspaper (I absolutely hate the press and such)
Most of his villains aren't so great
Kryptonite, whether it makes him human or kills him (depends on the version I guess), renders him useless when we need a superhero.

That's it.

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
Batman is awesome, and there's something very admirable about him being but a simple man (albeit an ingenius one) and yet he is were he is. A millionaire and a superhero. One of the best, at that.

However, I voted for Superman. It was a hard choice, but in the end I like Big Blue better. Not because he has superpowers, but because he embodies more of what a hero is supposed to be. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that Batman is brooding and dark. That's part of what makes him unique in the superhero world. He's unlike any other hero out there. BUT, he doesn't act like a hero, most of the time. He's sort've like a neutral party. He does both good and bad (anyone remember his insurance against the JLA?). Superman, on the other hand, is entirely good. The man could not do something wrong on purpose even if he wanted to. It's just not built into him. He has to help each and every person he comes across.

I love flawed heroes, because they make interesting stories (Batman, The Sentry, etc.). I even love the villians (Lex Luthor is my all time favorite comic book character ever). But at the end of the day, Superman is my favorite hero, because he's the most like what we expect a hero to be.

Yue

Radical fcuker.
Pssh. If ever there was a superhero that I despise more than any other, it would be Batman. The whole dark and brooding thing and striking terror into the hearts of others just doesn't appeal to me. In fact, it's what turns me off to him. He may be more "realistic" but in an unrealistic world, who really cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back