• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Art

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ansemcontainer

so people have been telling me to work on my own style.... soo here is some of what ive been trying to do without using Nomura's style <,< i tried....

I have been listening to the song "Always" by Saliva..... the song inspired this

Always.png

yet another picture of my "Cancer" character.... i have lots of sketches of him in sketch books and stuff, only did a couple versions of him on the computer

Cancer2.png

GIIIIIIIIIRLZ :D

Website
xephelyn.deviantart.com
Re: Straying away from Nomura's Style...

Firstly, don't feel pressured into doing something else just because a bunch twats don't like Nomura's "skinny little wimmin guys". You said you LIKED his work, so fine - copy/get inspired off of that if you want to, that is until you're sure you've got the hang of at least handling your lines or are ready to do something else more personal. This isn't to say you should forget studying human anatomy, it's a great idea too.

So yeah onto the piece! Her nose seems a little long and her mouth doesn't really seem to match the position of her face. Also, you should make your shading/shadows more prominent. It's okay though, again - keep working on it.

ansemcontainer

oh sry for taking the other post the wrong way, thanks for thatXD i guess.... how do you like the second pic?... i have a hard time with lips any tips (lol i made a rhyme)

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ

Wow, it's definately different style. Good job on doing so. I like the colors. :)

GIIIIIIIIIRLZ :D

Website
xephelyn.deviantart.com

oh sry for taking the other post the wrong way, thanks for thatXD i guess.... how do you like the second pic?... i have a hard time with lips any tips (lol i made a rhyme)
That's okay.

And I totally missed the second pic sorry XD It's much better in terms of accuracy than the first, I'll give you that much. Pretty, good, pretty good. Though the red stuff at the lower half, is it supposed to be a beard?

And about the tips, you can kinda just google this yourself. It's not that I'm lazy (no really!), it's just they'd have a more proper, clear and indepth explaination for this.

This for starters isn't bad. And this.

ansemcontainer

BABAM! LOL TRICKED YOU... kinda... update l8r... more nomura style

Clothing1.png

mogcaiz

Website
mogcaiz.deviantart.com

Hmm... For a start on "straying away from X's style" its not bad I think.
They both look semi finished though.
I would suggest working a lot more on drawing something which looks cool, rather than finding whats the correct length and shape of a face though.
By that I mean, if you look at the first drawing of the female. There are absolutely no indication of any light source, which does not give off any feeling of what youre trying create with this drawing. Her facial emotions alone here is simply not good enough to deliver whatever your're trying to tell me/audience.

It might only be a brush-test, sketch or what else, but keeping where you would like to take your drawings in conciderations can actually help a lot, and lift the outcome.

The 2nd drawing looks a bit in the more direction Im talking about, but since it looks unfinished, there is nothing I can say about it.

3rd picture, ok I guess.

ansemcontainer

"All Around Me" is a Flyleaf song, not really my favorite, but its been stuck in my head, so i drew the dress from the music video....

allaroundme.png

edit: mogcaiz arnt you being a hypocrite sayin that i should stray from Nomura's style but i should draw what i think looks cool? i think Nomura's art is cool

Subtly Inspiring

I think you should learn the meaning of 'hypocrite.'

ansemcontainer

here is something i drew for Flyleaf like in april, i just got to send it to them so i will post it now!

FlyleafLogo2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back