• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Art help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blight

Hey peeps. After my last major projected I realized that I sucked at dynamic postioning....and spelling. Fin Nexis was actually the best I've ever done and thats kinda sad. http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk135/polkmanp/Kh2.jpg So I have a question for all your experts out there. Other than using models, how does one get better at drawing something more dynamic? Also if Fin Nexis is probably the best (colored) work I've done, Were do I go from the. I knows there has to be tons of things I can improve on but what is my next step. I'm open to any suggestions.

Last edited:

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
First is making sure your anatomy is correct, his torso seems a little long and his limbs a little short. No matter how excellent the coloring is or perspectives or anything, the anatomy can throw a picture off entirely.

Once you have the anatomy, dynamic posing should be a little easier. It's hard to explain dynamic posing without pictures, and I don't think I'm the best person to talk about with dynamics. Perspective helps and stuff, but I'm still working on anatomy before dynamic posing currently.

As for coloring, don't make it so flat. Add some shading and depths to the shading. Don't stick just to adding black and white to your base color, but use other colors in there. Look at a white person's skin: it's got red, orange, yellow, white, pink. In the morning there are probably blueish tones around the eyes and when sick, a little green. Same goes for other things, such as your clothing.

I spent some time on Borders and dA looking at art books and tutorials for more help.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Dynamic posing focuses on perspective, which requires knowledge of human anatomy before doing correctly.

tl;dr learn anatomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back