• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Applying for College

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

How many colleges did you apply to?

• I never applied to college.

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I only applied to one college.

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • I applied to more than one college.

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I have applied to Michigan State University, University of Michigan, and University of Notre Dame. Accepted in MSU's Honors College and UofM (haven't applied for Honors there yet), and I don't hear back from ND until April. My ACT score was great, and I'm in the top 5% of my class, so I think I've got a decent shot at Notre Dame, but who knows. I'm so sick of writing essays for scholarships/applications now. My most recent count was 12 essays.

I'm thinking I'll probably end up at MSU because of their great research programs, but I'm not totally decided yet.

O

Oberon

I ended up applying at UW Madison and a smaller college (also in Madison). I ended up going to the smaller one because 1) affordable and 2) has a nice art program :v

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Applied to New Mexico State University, it was bascially my school of choice, along with that applied to the PGM(Professional Golf Managment Program) got accepted into both, now I just sit back and wait.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Art Institute of California - San Francisco

A lady from that very College came to my Government class last year, and told us all about it. Sure, it looks all fun, and stuff, but I bet it's pretty pricey <.<

As for me, I didn't really take the time to do any SAT's to prepare for college. To be frankly honest, I didn't picture myself as a College man, but now I'm regretting my decisions. If I can take inspiration into my future, than I might sign up at the local Community College, and possibly get high grades, and go to the Uni here in town, but at the moment, it's all undecided.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Although it does have the #1 nursing program in America =/

I don't like Nursing. And if I wanted to be a Nurse, I'd go to Mount St. Mary's College since I know for a fact I'd get a scholarship because of my high school and the college being ran by the same people...not San Jose even if the program is #1 in the states.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Just got my Sat Scores

and i Am not happy :(

i got a total score of 1570, so rice is out of the question.

So now i am leaning more towards A&M at College Station

i am currently a junior in high school, and in the top ten percent.

this question is leaning more toward Dogen, so do you think i might be admitted?

As far as the current rules go, if you're in top ten percent, you get into A&M automatically. I'm not sure if that's dropping down to 8% next year or not though, so you might want to check that out.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
nah i live around boston, but i have applied to MIT, drexel, BU, north eastern, and hostfra

EDIT: i am applying for pharmacy or a career in technology (might be engineering or IT don't know yet)

Pharmacy won't really have you at Drexel, haha. But Engineering or IT, you pretty much can't beat the Co-Op program for securing a career (plus making $40,000+ across the course of your time at school)

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Pharmacy won't really have you at Drexel, haha. But Engineering or IT, you pretty much can't beat the Co-Op program for securing a career (plus making $40,000+ across the course of your time at school)

Northeastern University's co-op program is regularly ranked best in the country. :p

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
As far as the current rules go, if you're in top ten percent, you get into A&M automatically. I'm not sure if that's dropping down to 8% next year or not though, so you might want to check that out.

You get automatic admittance into any public state university in Texas, however, you still have to apply for your department.

You can get into A&M and get rejected from the Dwight College of Engineering in general, or the department of Mechanical Engineering in specific, for example.

In which case, you'd have to enter into another major, or enter into General Studies, and apply for transfer into the department/major you want later.

If your SAT scores are not high enough, or if something else happens, the engineering departments might tell you "Hey, we like you. But we don't have enough room for you because there are other students that we are giving priority to. Come in as General Studies, keep your grades up, and apply for transfer into our department next semester", which is totally possible.

These are the change of major requirements at A&M:
http://gest.tamu.edu/Main/gpr.pdf

Notice the engineering requirements:
ESSAP - Changing Majors

Biomedical Engineering is the most difficult and competitive major at A&M to get into, and there are very limited spots available.

After that, in terms of most difficult to least difficult to transfer into (generally):
-Mechanical, Aerospace, Civil, and Electrical Engineering.
-Chemical, Computer Science, Ocean, Petroleum, Nuclear, and Radiological Health Engineering.
-Industrial Distribution and Industrial Engineering.
-Biological and Agricultural Engineering, and University Studies Degree
Area of Concentration - Telecommunications Technology

i'll keep that in mind, if i don't make it to MIT

Since you're just in Algebra II and your Math SAT scores are not in the 730-800 range, I'd almost eliminate MIT as a possibility. They don't accept students, regardless of how awesome/bright you are, if you can't handle rigorous calculus and calculus-based physics upon entering in as a freshman in the Fall. Because they don't want to accept people who will just fail out.

Northeastern University's co-op program is regularly ranked best in the country. :p

Now let's not start bragging...:>
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704554104575435563989873060.html
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704358904575477643369663352.html

Last edited:

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
It's honestly hard for me to take that seriously, considering how highly ranked Texas Tech is :p

Lol and ASU. But I guess you gotta take into consideration that it is ranked by job recruits and that includes those going professional in sports. I mean more than half of those schoolson the list are football colleges (Texas tech, Penn state, ASU, USC, Washington State etc.)

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I don't even go to NEU. :p I go to Boston University.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

It's honestly hard for me to take that seriously, considering how highly ranked Texas Tech is :p

It's a ranking of job recruits. A&M has a ridiculously expansive career network. It's very easy to get a good job as an A&M graduate (depending on the major of course. Wildlife and Fisheries Science might give you a hard time in this economy, lol).

But I guess you gotta take into consideration that it is ranked by job recruits and that includes those going professional in sports. I mean more than half of those schoolson the list are football colleges (Texas tech, Penn state, ASU, USC, Washington State etc.)

I'm pretty sure the percentage of people making a professional career out of sports come graduation time is very small compared to the actual number of people getting other careers at graduation.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Got accepted into UT on Thursday. SO FUCKING HAPPY. I'm not quite expecting to get into Rice (though it would be awesome if I did), so it's nice to have a solid fallback.

Ahh, time to relax.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Probably need to take my ACT again, but most likely won't. I got into my college of choice but I still want to try applying to some other places, since you can get into some places via GPA instead of ACT score. I want to try and get into KU, but that would be a big goal that I don't know if it will happen or not. Worse comes to worse, I can just got to my local college for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back