• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ansem's Plans

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jotari

Awards
At the end of the game Ansem, while using his deus ex machina, says that the Heart is unpredictable. That he had loads of plans to use Sora to combat the organisation but they all fell apart once Sora became an acting force...So what were these plans? Because Sora's kind of just wandering around aimlessly for much of Kingdom Hearts and DiZ made no attempt to actually get Sora to do anything. Am I missing something here? Do we know what plans Ansem was talking about that Sora messed up by...seemingly doing nothing at all?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
At the end of the game Ansem, while using his deus ex machina,
Ha!
says that the Heart is unpredictable. That he had loads of plans to use Sora to combat the organisation but they all fell apart once Sora became an acting force...So what were these plans? Because Sora's kind of just wandering around aimlessly for much of Kingdom Hearts and DiZ made no attempt to actually get Sora to do anything. Am I missing something here? Do we know what plans Ansem was talking about that Sora messed up by...seemingly doing nothing at all?

He probably intended for Sora to destroy the Organization mercilessly and immediately. Which isn't, and wasn't Sora's style.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Ansem the Wise was most likely expecting Sora to eradicate all of the Organization members as well as the rest of the Nobodies. However, he was not expecting him to take so long in doing so. Sora's MO throughout the entire game had little to do with taking out the remaining members of Organization XIII despite what anyone, even Sora, would say. Sora is the kind of person that would stop whatever he was doing in order to help out anyone in need, something demonstrated during the Attack on Hollow Bastion and in all of the Disney worlds. With that in mind, the Organization, while nefarious and dangerous in his eyes, weren't a particular issue with him since the members themselves weren't antagonizing him outright until the middle of the adventure when Saix and Xemnas were dropping hints about what happened to Kairi and Riku.

As for the other reason that Ansem was surprised at the unpredictability of Sora, there is, as Tinny already mentioned, the fact that Sora wasn't all that merciless against most of the members of Organization XIII. Despite how Ansem firmly believed that Nobodies couldn't feel emotion and had no right to exist, he was still most likely expecting Roxas' hate and sorrow to seep into Sora so that Sora could have the necessary emotions that would make killing off the rest of the Organization easier and faster.

Final Prologue Scene in Kingdom Hearts II said:
Roxas: I hate you so much!

Ansem: You should share some of that hatred with Sora. He's far too nice for his own good.

However, this did not happen because Roxas would not give Sora his memories until near the end of Dream Drop Distance. As a result, rather than being fueled by the kind of hatred that consumed Ansem himself during his banishment in the Realm of Darkness, Sora was simply going through the motions of the DM (read: the scenario writers) that got him from place to place and happened upon the Organization on very rare occasions.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Ansem's plan to "use" Sora was always kind of iffy. He made it out to sound like he somehow had Sora under his control only, for some reason, to be surprised when Sora did things of his own accord. I'm not sure what Ansem was expecting Sora to do exactly considering that he did what he was supposed to. I have no idea what it is that Sora (and I think Kairi and Riku) did hat was apparently so out of the norm.

Jotari

Awards
Makes sense but it still seems weird for him to complain when he seemingly did so little to put his plan in motion. He didn't even inform Sora of the organisations existence (it was Mickey and Yen Sid who were working independent of DiZ and Riku) or whereabouts. If DiZ really wanted to get Sora to do something he should have been there when Sora woke up to instruct him on what he should do. Instead he just assumed this kid he knew little about would just brutally destroy an evil organisation that he (that is to say Sora/Roxas) sort of use to be a member of yet knew nothing about.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Then again, Sora being Sora, he would rather go places and have fun with Donald and Goofy an helping people in need instead of dirtying his hands to help someone else in pursuing his vendetta against a certain group of people.

This "failure to comply" could also be attributed to Ansem's absence when Sora woke up. He didn't brief him in any way and pretty much left him to do as he pleased; it was his loss. He was like, "Alright, he wakes up. Okay, he can do anything now. I'll be off the screen until he's in the final world." That's not to say that Sora would have done what was expected of him had Ansem been there, but certainly he (Ansem) could have done better than what he did.

Or it could be chalked up to not-so-decent writing? I don't know, you decide.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ansem's disappointment in Sora not following his plan to destroy the Organization without mercy would have been more apparent if they hadn't made him, Namine, and Riku vanish from the face of the game until the final couple of hours of the story.

There was a better way of doing this, for example, having DiZ waiting when Sora woke and told him about the threat Organization XIII posed to the universe, providing information to Sora throughout the game about the Organization's whereabouts, being somewhat ruthless when Sora voices his own opinion, and showing SOMETHING that would make us all think "Hey, DiZ is kind of a shady asshole trying to control Sora" and maybe something to show that Sora realized that DiZ was a shady asshole and maybe he shouldn't take his words at face value.

Oh well. Can't fix it now.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Or it could be chalked up to not-so-decent writing? I don't know, you decide.

That's what I'm attributing it too.

Like Spock said, it's hard to see AtW as the "game master, manipulating the heroes" through KH2 because he was rarely in the game. It isn't like in KH1 where Ansem SoD was "manipulating" Riku since he was inside Riku the whole time. AtW kind of just appeared in TWTNW, revealing he was DiZ this whole time, it was really odd for me when I first saw it.

Gram

Banned
Awards
He seems even less of a "game master" when you take into account that Riku seemed to be working of his own accord as well. (like the scene in the FM when he let Namine and Axel leave rather than destroying them as Diz said too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back