• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ansem Fight

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
So I just got to the point where Riku fights Ansem after going through The World That Never Was. After the 1st fight being hard enough, Ansem owned me hardcore. I've said before in a couple of threads that I'm on proud, but I restarted the game and am now playing on Standard cause of how bad I am at the 3DS.

I'd like to discuss good battle strategies and what level you were when you fought and beat Ansem.

Awards
I found Xemnas more challenging than Ansem tbh. And well, Riku's second to last boss was a lot more challenging lol

I don't have a particular strategy. Just make sure you have Dark Barrier, it's a lot more effective than block. Have the Second Chance and Once More abilities equipped, as many Magic Haste abilities that your Dream Eaters can provide (since it helps Curaga reload faster), Leaf Bracer so you can use Curaga uninterrupted, a very effective command I found useful is Balloonga, just cast it and run away.

My advice is to just spam the Y button to gtfo the way, cast Balloonga whenever it's available, attack him when there's a clear opening, block anything you can, heal yourself as often as you need to. It might take awhile, but it'll work.

axel95

Awards
Balloonga and Balloonra are life savers. Also have multiple Curagas. Get maximum Magic Hastes from your spirits. Leaf Bracer and Dark Barrier are must haves.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Like breaktheice I recommend Once More, dark barrier and Second Chance, also make sure to have as many Balloongas as you can get and at least 3 curagas.
Now my strategy for the first half of the fight is basically evade and counter, it's not all that hard once you get his pattern down and it's really easy if you can pull of the reality shift during this part.

As for the second half bout the best advice I can give for that is spam dodge and gtfo of the way while trying to close in on him to attack.

Korai

Awards
are we talking about round 2 where the ansem is inside the giant guardian? when he stretches out the battlefield and you have to run back up to him, its nice to have time splicer in your deck because instead of running you can instantly teleport up to him.

funny story about this fight: once, when he did the move where he stretches out the battleground, i was in just the right spot at the right time that a glitch happened and I was pushed through the left wall and outside of the actual battleground. while I was there, ansem targeted me with the move where he throws those giant dark orbs at you, then the game corrected itself and put me back in the right place. i was in the battleground, but ansem was throwing the orbs outside of it :D

Guro540

Grind before the fight and get three Balloonga. Also make sure you have at least two Curagas in your deck and magic haste.
During the fight, guard until he's vulnerable, then spam Balloonga. It's that easy. I recommend level 40 or higher. Good luck. I was probably higher than lvl 30, lower than lvl 40 when I beat the last bosses. After grinding in Symphony of Sorcery to lvl 99, every boss was a pushover.

Last edited:

Changer

I found it useful to use Dark Splicer right when he pushes you back, as you'll immediately teleport straight to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back