• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another Mysterious Figure Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BionicleKeyblade

Before I begin, I’d just like to say that this is only a theory, and to be honest even I’m not entirely sold on it. This is just something I noticed and thought I may as well share. I could very well be completely missing the mark, and I acknowledge that possibility.

I have no problem if you disagree with me—in fact, I encourage it. Please share any comments, criticism, or alternatives you can think of so the discussion can get closer to a correct theory. However, please no spam and flame; if you’re going to post here just to insult me or another member, please don’t. I’ve tried to make this theory as intelligent as possible, but if you feel otherwise please politely inform me so I can make some alterations.

This does contain spoilers for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. It’s probably also worth noting that I have not yet seen the secret movie “Blank Points,” so any possible information within that could prove or disprove this theory is unknown to me.

Okay then, on to the theory.

The Theory: The “Mysterious Figure” is some form of Ventus and/or Vanitas.
I realize that, at first, this seems completely ridiculous. That’s why next is…

Possible Evidence:
  • The Mysterious Figure appears in Land of Departure, the world where Ventus sleeps for 11 years (after it became Castle Oblivion)
  • While the weapons do resemble Ethereal Blades, they don’t extend directly from the Figure’s palm. Note that they also bear a certain similarity to the blades used in Ventus’s Wingblade Style, and the Mysterious Figure wields them in a reverse grip, the same way Ventus wields his Keyblade.
  • The Figure also dual wields his weapons; Roxas, who has a strong connection to Ventus, dual wields his weapons as well.
  • The Figure’s greatest strength is considered to be its speed, which is also Ventus’s greatest strength.
  • Some of the Figure’s moves resemble those used by Vanitas: the move where he charges through the air and the move where he throws an X-shaped shockwave are used by Vanitas in the final battle with Ven and by Vanitas Sentiment. The move where the Figure jumps into the air and shoots his blades like a harpoon could be seen as similar to when Vanitas jumps up and hurls lightning bolts.
  • The Figure also has moves that look like Deck Commands: one that looks like Megaflare, one that looks like Meteor (though Ven cannot use this), one that looks like Raging Storm (though Ven cannot use this), one that resembles Sliding Dash, and one that acts like Vanish.
  • The Figure’s whirlwind move resembles Aero, and it scatters Deck Commands. When players fight each other in the Mirage Arena, they can make their opponents drop Deck Commands.
  • You receive a Keyblade for defeating him, which could mean this Figure has a connection to the Keyblade.
  • The No Name Keyblade has a time theme to it, suggesting that whoever the Figure is he does not belong in this time period. Further supporting this is the technique where he freezes the player and then (in slow motion) returns to his standing position and heals a bit as if the last hit he took never happened. This could explain how the Figure appeared during this time: he traveled through time. (An alternative is that the Mysterious Figure could be a ‘dream’ projected through the past by Ventus (or Vanitas) as he sleeps for over a decade.)
  • The Figure’s clones could be seem as similar to the projection left behind by Vanitas’s counter or the Time Splicer Deck Command, which Ven has access to. It also appears that the time-freeze recovery move can function as a counter to a counter.
  • The move that creates a ring around the player with a countdown could be some variation of the Bind Deck Command.
  • I have spotted the Mysterious Figure guarding, and although it’s a bit difficult to tell his guarding pose looks like it could be similar to that of Ventus.
  • There is of course the question why Ventus is attacking the player, though this could be due to Vanitas’s influence.
  • Taking into account that the Unversed are extensions of Vanitas, almost every enemy in the game is related to Vanitas, including the other secret boss of BBS, the Vanitas Sentiment, who must be defeated before you can fight the Mysterious Figure.
  • Granted that the Mysterious Figure seems to have a different build than Ventus and Vanitas, but if the Figure is from the future then perhaps Ven’s image of himself grew up, or if this is some kind of dream projection it could just be the form he takes in this dream.
  • The Figure does wear the black coat used by Organization XIII, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s with the Organization. The coat is just used to protect its wearer from corruption when using the Dark Corridor, and originally they were merely a way to hide faces of characters in a secret movie. Chronologically, the first one to use the black coat is Master Xehanort, who trained Ventus and Vanitas, so Ventus/Vanitas may have remembered the coat and used it during this battle. Maybe he used the Dark Corridor to travel through time?

Again, even I’m not entirely sold on this, but I’m going to throw it out there anyway. Thank you for your time.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Nah, he wouldn't be able to know the fighting techniques of the the people whose fighting techniques he uses. Plus he gets the power of time travel out of his ass?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
While MF is similar in those aspects, a lot of that can be applied to other characters in KH as well. A lot of MF's attacks that are similar to Ven's attacks are also similar to Sora's attacks. As well, a lot of the attacks are comparable to Xemnas's abilities, and Marluxia's, and Lingering Sentiment's, and others I could continue listing.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I also said he was a projection of another character, but I don't thin it's ventus

State

Awards
Has anyone considered the possibility he's a survival from the Keyblade Wars? Just saying.

Absolute

I'm doubting that he's related to Xehanort/Xemnas only because while he uses a weapon similar to Xemnas, he copies other characters and their attacks so he might be copying Xemnas too.

Crazy theory time: he is Ven from the future. He finally woke up after sitting in the Room of sleep (or Awakening). Even though he had a broken heart, the memories of the people that fought in the castle flowed to him and repaired him over time but made him a different person. Since he has a heart of pure light, he can use blades of light. You fight him in LoD because that was CO where he sat for years. Am I reaching into thin air for this theory? Oh yea.

Now, as for traveling back in time, I'm not 100% sold on that yet (the phasing out of existence, fighting in the past form of a world that was later destroyed, the keyblade with all the time symbols on it, the reverse time attack he uses aren't helping my doubt). I still think he was fought in this game because this was the only game they had right now to showcase him, and since it takes place in the past, you think you are fighting a time traveler but its all coincidence.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Hmm... I think it's a slightly decent theory but I doubt it's Ven or Vanitas. Although it would be an interesting twist to see a fusion type person of Ventus and Vanitas similar to how it was with Terra, Xehanort, Xemnas, etc.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Hmm... I think it's a slightly decent theory but I doubt it's Ven or Vanitas. Although it would be an interesting twist to see a fusion type person of Ventus and Vanitas similar to how it was with Terra, Xehanort, Xemnas, etc.

It's just ventus with gold eyes and vanitas' costume

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
No I don't mean that. I mean to a point where they create a nobody that looks different and a Heartless looks different like Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas were. THAT is what I meant.

You've confuzzled me

W/e you know what you mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back