• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

another cross over

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
not gonna happen, but I'd like to see it on all three systems. Nobody should complain then, right?

Awards
There's a "very" low possibility of that happening. The FFXIII having been 'thrown' over to the Xbox 360 will give the game more sales and availability to more people, giving squeenix more moneyz.

Here's a prediction:

If you missed it, the President of the company Square-Enix, Yoichi Wada, said in an interview or conference that S-E needs to "stop making games that only they wanted to play" - which means they need to focus on other games than FF spin-offs, sequels, etc. and more on original games. This means production money is needed. The sales that can possibly be made by making the company's popular games multi-platform will bring in that revenue.

However, Square has stuck to the playstation conole for a while and it is its main system so... it's a 'small' possibility that upcoming Kingdom Hearts titles will be multi-platform.

BUT. Considering current titles by S-E such as Crisis Core, KH: CoM, FF Crystal Chronicles, TWEWY, etc. do not apply to the above, there is a real probability of it happening. Yeah. I doubt it though. FFXIII being handed to the xbox was a low blow to sony so they might not like it if s-e hands kh as well.
Yeah, and you can't forget that FFXIII was only a confirmed release for the 360 in NA, not Japan. The 360 in Japan is doing worse than the PS3 was originally doing here.

If anything, KH3 would never be released on 360 first. Possible multiplatform, though not too likely.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It depends on how both markets are by time KH3 does become a real thing and what Nomura is feeling. Japan likes the PS3 and the States oddly like the 360. Both also like the Wii, but some feel it is gimmicky and others think it's perfect for KH.

In the end, it's a battle between territories and the fans vs. Nomura. Of course it'll be a discussion between Nomura, his brain, and the team around him first then everything can be taken into accordance and the best result to them will arise. (And since Nomura seems to be a Sony fanboy, my money is on the PS3)

And FFXIII is no representation of KH at all, so thinking that since FFXIII went to the 360 doesn't mean any other games will follow it.

Macabre

Gold Member
Final Fantasy isn't the major franchise anymore. In order it's:

DragonQuest
Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy

that's japan. In America it's:

Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest

FF isn't the the head honcho anymore, so they can spare a FF game on 360. Though the Japan sales of FFXIII360 will be horrible.
S-E isn't planning for a Japanese release of the 360 version currently and your correct PMF,the sales of the 360 version in Japan(If released there) will be horrible because the 360 isn't very popular and well-liked in Japan.

And KH3 coming out for both the PS3 and 360 is actually good for S-E,because the sales will increase (In US,Europe but not much in Japan) and both consoles are powerful and the company works hard on developing games of their popular franchises.

Questionsofheart

I just want a KH game on a major Nintendo console :)
But seriously i doubt that KH will be moving to 360, it doesn't make much sense unless they go multi-platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back