• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime Songs preformed in English instead of Japanese

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari44

InuyashaRulz711 said:
My foolish friend... Every Heart does not suck in English, for it wasn't disgraced like the others. BoA, luckily, did the English version. Fukai Mori, My Will, Change the World, ect. were disgraced however. I would love to destroy the pathetic being that disgraced Fukai Mori, my favorite song of all time.
Fukari Mori is one of my all-time favorite songs too - I agree with you there. But, my foolish friend, Every Heart definitely does suck in English, as does Change the World, My Will, Fukai Mori, etc.

And songs like Akeboshi's Wind and Yellow Moon on Naruto are good songs because they are supposed to be in english (or partly, in yellow moon's case) but the bad songs are the songs that are originally supposed to be in japanese and are then translated into english for the stupid, closed-minded americans who can't handle music they can't sing along to (even though japanese is the most fun to sing along to, they dont like that they dont know what they are saying. Stupid Americans!!!)

InuyashaRulz711

Website
inuyasharulz711.proboards51.com
Sora_Ish_Mine! said:
^reason? ..(besides japanese songs are better then english...eveyone knows that XD) .....meh i didnt think so :/ i think it sounds really good. Its not better then japanese but still Dream (i believe thats her name) did a good job with the song >_> i like how the music starts up different in the english version
Dream? That's the one that did the English version too?

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
You know, I can't help but think of Freckles and Fly Me To The Moon, two of my favorite anime themes (for both Rurouni Kenshin and Neon Genesis Evangelion). I think either the most recent Naruto or Bleach intro was done in American, as well, but I didn't really like it, regardless.
Oh, and by the way, I never really liked any of Inuyasha's music...I mean, the feudal sounds that accompanied the continous theme were nice, but the openings and closings were just...meh. Now, FLCL, the whole damn show was nothing more than a music video for the Pillows, who devised some really ****ing good music for teh show.
~Fenris Etheral

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com
Bleh,some anime songs are good in Japanese,some in English. Lol,sometimes I'm glad they sang the Sailor Moon themes in Enlgish(they were quite cacthy) but many countries have differ theme songs. Ever heard an anime song in Italian?(it sounds really pretty ^^; )

*Cough*Anywayz,I like the original better. Change The World in English just sounded....gay when they tried to do it all rockish and crap.Is America that embarrased to admit a show is Japanese when they try to remix a song?(like One Piece...uck)????

I think they should leave it alone.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Agreed. If you translate a song into another language, most of the time it comes out weird and the words are stressed to fit the music, like Sanctuary, which is still good, but Passion was so much better. All of my songs on my MP3 player are in Japanese, except for three of them, and I enjoy them even if I haven't the slightest clue what is being sung. To Hikari44, not all Americans are stupid... just a vast majority of us. Now if you said "Ignorant Americans" I'd most likely have to agree! And yes, the Pillows rock!

Noblethe3rd

At college, seeking a higher education, and if I t
Well what about the songs that blend a lot of Japanese and English? I have to say that the Ghost in the Shell songs are really enjoyable to listen to but there are those that lack a good blend and one misses whether they are singing in English or Japanese because the accent is that thick.... For example, my friends thought that the intro to .Hack//Sign was sung in English... Is it better if they are completely english or Japanese or is a blend of both healthy?

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com
Noblethe3rd said:
Well what about the songs that blend a lot of Japanese and English? I have to say that the Ghost in the Shell songs are really enjoyable to listen to but there are those that lack a good blend and one misses whether they are singing in English or Japanese because the accent is that thick.... For example, my friends thought that the intro to .Hack//Sign was sung in English... Is it better if they are completely english or Japanese or is a blend of both healthy?

ditto! <3

Lol,me too. I thought the .Hack//Sign song was in English too? Wait a minute....isn't it? When I heard it I thought it was in Japanese but if you listen closely,its in English....am I rite????(or am I just being stupid ^^; )

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
^^^ I think .Hack//Sign is sung in inaudioable Japanese..lol...but I think its english....or maybe its just supposed to sound like it is..

*Hey BunnyCupCakes...am I starting to freak you out now..J/K..or Am I.....Ahhhh..you think am I crazy stalker now dont you..lol

Noblethe3rd

At college, seeking a higher education, and if I t
^^^ I think .Hack//Sign is sung in inaudioable Japanese..lol...but I think its english....or maybe its just supposed to sound like it is..
Sorry but it is sung in English. Just about all the sounds from .Hack//Sign are sung in English, aside from the end theme. I am currently borrowing the DVDs from my friend and with the subtitles on you can understand what they are actually saying. Its just that they have such a thick Japanese accent that it is quite difficult to understand them. MY bad earlier... I meant to say that "my friends thought the intro song "Obsession" was sung in Japanese because they couldn't understand it. Sorry for the confusion.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
^^huh..really wow..I never really knew...and thats ok..its fine..anyways I dont really mind japanese songs sung in English....as long as I havent heard the japanese version first..lol....but really Some songs that are sung in English and Japanese creating what my Japanese teacher calls Engrish...its fine to me...just as long as the beat is good its cool by me....since I dont know music that well..I dont really diss a song unless..I have heard both version and one just sucks...and many of you keep bringing up Passion vs Santuary..and I did a comparsion and Hikaru-san just really lacked on santuary...I most think it was because of time and deadlines...I mean she can sing in both Langs..its just that one sucked..>_>...also I keep hearing about Fukai mori..in english that song scares me but not Every heart..I dont think that all tranlations are bad whoever is doing them makes them bad...thats all....it kinda like the whole Subbed vs Dubbed thing...most of time its not the Companies fault its the voice recording studio and actors fault...but I done ranting for now on this issue....and now I'm going to bed..cuz I have japanese fianls tommorows*...Bye
*this is waht happens when you learn Japanese you forget how to spell certain words..or at least for me and my friends thats what happens...lol

FortuneCookie

Bronze Member
Awards
Sanctuary was made before Passion, but Sanctuary didn't sound that well.
I like the new English opening for Bleach, it's pretty catchy.
I think someone mentioned Wind by Akeboshi from Naruto, that one is pretty good too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back