• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime Songs preformed in English instead of Japanese

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noblethe3rd

At college, seeking a higher education, and if I t
I recently came acrossed several of the Inuyasha songs that were preformed with the English lyrics. I was curious if this is a common thing because some of the songs sounded alright in English but others were just God awful. What is everyone's take on these songs that were originally recorded in Japanese and then recorded in English?

iheartriku

Website
www.xanga.com
I hate it when they re-record the songs in english. Sometimes the lyrics (which are suppose to make sense) dont make any sense at all...then it just souds weird...the lauguage change throws off the tune(sometimes)...but there are SOME that are alright anf turn out fine...

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
I heard they're going to be dubbing over the songs from Full Moon wo Sagashite. That thought makes me want to cry ;__;. The main focus of the Full Moon is its songs, they should be left alone damnit >O.

Shinkoujo

Good news baka, they aren't going to dub the Full Moon songs. XD I got the first episode in the latest issue of Shojo Beat, and the songs are still in Japanese. Which is definately a good thing. But me, I prefer the songs to be in Japanese.

Hikari44

Yeah as soon as i saw this thread title i was like "Inuyasha!" Fukai Mori, Change the world, every heart, etc. Those songs all SUCK in English! I highly recommend not listening to them in english, only japanese. It really is a shame.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
to be honest depends, alot of the times the backround music doesn't match up with the words, but for the most part i don't like it

and while you could mean in that way, don't forget occasionaly the japanese anime have songs in english when its in the japanese version

a good example is wind from naruto, also the ending theme from higurashi no naku koro ni (spirited away by ogres, a horror thriller anime)

tidusora

Yunakairi
Awards
I love the Yu Yu Hakusho song in english, it's pretty good, and typical of Funimation that dubs it songs most of the time. I also like the Fruits Basket ending song in English better than the Japanese.

The ones that suck in English is Fukai Mori, I thought that one was horrible, and many of the 4kids dubbing. *shudders* Remember One Piece?

dejah

:|
OMG T___T

i hate the english version of anime songs.

one that really hit a nerve was the cardcaptor song seriously WTF o_O

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Shinkoujo said:
Good news baka, they aren't going to dub the Full Moon songs. XD I got the first episode in the latest issue of Shojo Beat, and the songs are still in Japanese. Which is definately a good thing. But me, I prefer the songs to be in Japanese.

Oh, thank God! ;_; I would have been seriously pissed off if they ruined them. (Espicially New Future, quite partial to that song. :3)

Cho_Hakkai_657

I prefer the songs to be in their original Japanese format, but if the songs done by thw original person then its alright, well, sometimes it is. I love BoA and Utadas songs dubbed. ^^

Tsuki-chan

つきこ
Awards
Yes, this is one of the most things i dislike...when they dubbed anime songs into a american version. I love the songs better in there original language, it just gives you that feeling of happiness every time you hear it, I hate it when they dubbed them into english. They ruined Naruto intros that way.

InuyashaRulz711

Website
inuyasharulz711.proboards51.com
Hikari44 said:
Yeah as soon as i saw this thread title i was like "Inuyasha!" Fukai Mori, Change the world, every heart, etc. Those songs all SUCK in English! I highly recommend not listening to them in english, only japanese. It really is a shame.
My foolish friend... Every Heart does not suck in English, for it wasn't disgraced like the others. BoA, luckily, did the English version. Fukai Mori, My Will, Change the World, ect. were disgraced however. I would love to destroy the pathetic being that disgraced Fukai Mori, my favorite song of all time.

Reno-chan

Time For Me To F l y
Gone to Year 3000 with the Jonas Brothers :D xD
i actually think some Inuyasha songs are good in english .__. their not better then japanese but still the songs arnt terrible :/ ........Every Heart i like how it sounds in english! and same with My Will those two are really good for english i think >>;;

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!
i like all of the Inuyasha songs in japanese even if i can't understand a word they're saying. lol XD but seriously i believe that songs are less of words and more of the impression upon which the tone and sound they give off through instrumental sounds give off.

Reno-chan

Time For Me To F l y
Gone to Year 3000 with the Jonas Brothers :D xD
^reason? ..(besides japanese songs are better then english...eveyone knows that XD) .....meh i didnt think so :/ i think it sounds really good. Its not better then japanese but still Dream (i believe thats her name) did a good job with the song >_> i like how the music starts up different in the english version

dejah

:|
lol...

i'm glad most of the stuff i watch are subbed. xD

that way i wont have to endure the torture. x\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back