• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime Recommendations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Despair

Life's a depressing joke
I haven't seen much anime in a while, last one was Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, eh..look out of rnew released episodes. Anyways, I wanted to know what I should watch next, nothing too long...short animes. I like most times of animes, specially to weird/abstract/stupid/ground breaking anime types. Suggestions please? If you don't mind, could you also but a brief description of the anime?

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
well some short animes which i think are well made are :

- Zero no Tsukaima (2 seasons,1st has 13 episodes 2nd has 12 episodes)

basically where at a academy for nobles in an alternate dimension (All nobles have magic) they must summon a familiar and the main girl who is not so good at magic accidentally summons a japanese boy her age from our world to be her familiar. I can't really say much more without spoiling the series

- They are my noble masters (13 episodes)

The main guy and his sister run from their alcholic violent father and incidentally while looking for work they end up (After helping out a girl) being butler and maid for a famous woman. To put it simply its a harem anime and quiet funny/enjoyable with lots of references to other series.

- Air (13 episodes)

This ones very difficult one to explain since its very complicated (involving reincarnation and stuff). This animes a very depressing/sad one (especially episode 12). Episode 13 is basically a retelling of the whole series in one episode so up to you if u want to watch that one. But it fits the abstract anime you asked for.

Though to do the description they give officially is its about a boy who travels to a village to find a girl with wings his mother talked about (who could fly in the sky), while staying at a village to make some money he meets a girl while continually looking for the girl with wings. Well worth a watch for sure.

while both descriptions seem to not relate, they fit together well in the series

Inept

Pinned to a wall, listening to how Joker got his s
Lucky Star (sounds and looks like a anime for girls but really its not)
Eureka 7 (if you have time for 100+ episodes that is)
Bleach (if you havnt already started watching it)
Trigun (its good ... all there is to it)
Then i'll go with the basics like cowboy bebop or samurai champloo or big O (wolfs rain is supposed to be good too)
and thats all I got really lol ...

PKKzelfar

hmm..probably this:

Honey and Clover-yeah..if u haven't watch this..try it out now
Kateikyoshi Hitman Reborn!-still one of the best in my book
Shugo Chara-if ya just wanna laugh
High School Girls-lotsa humor!

yeah probably it..just check em out on crunchyroll, and u can watch em free

Mr Despair

Life's a depressing joke
Thought Chrono Crusade was a hell of a long anime, but yah, I wuves Death Note <3

Lucky Star >.< a girl was trying to make me watch it...kept saying it was cute. I'll give it a try though. Wolfs Rain OMFG I want to see it again!

PKKzelfar, I've never heard of any of those x . x I'll check em' all out. Thanks for everyone's help.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Epic, lulzy stuff. <.< Even though I haven't really finished it yet.

ShinuXIII

Tsubasa, XXXHOLIC, Death Note<3<3<3, Code Geass{sp?}
{if you dont mind yaoi} then Gravitation is a really good anime
The Getbackers, Wolfs Rain
thats all i can think of for now

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Shin Chan- how can you not see this and laugh your ass off with each episode
Hellsing- only 13 episodes but it's 13 episodes of orgasmic gore and awesomeness.

fadin sun

The land of Purple Elephants, Zombies with Angel W
well some short animes which i think are well made are :

- Zero no Tsukaima (2 seasons,1st has 13 episodes 2nd has 12 episodes)

basically where at a academy for nobles in an alternate dimension (All nobles have magic) they must summon a familiar and the main girl who is not so good at magic accidentally summons a japanese boy her age from our world to be her familiar. I can't really say much more without spoiling the series

- They are my noble masters (13 episodes)

The main guy and his sister run from their alcholic violent father and incidentally while looking for work they end up (After helping out a girl) being butler and maid for a famous woman. To put it simply its a harem anime and quiet funny/enjoyable with lots of references to other series.

- Air (13 episodes)

This ones very difficult one to explain since its very complicated (involving reincarnation and stuff). This animes a very depressing/sad one (especially episode 12). Episode 13 is basically a retelling of the whole series in one episode so up to you if u want to watch that one. But it fits the abstract anime you asked for.

Though to do the description they give officially is its about a boy who travels to a village to find a girl with wings his mother talked about (who could fly in the sky), while staying at a village to make some money he meets a girl while continually looking for the girl with wings. Well worth a watch for sure.

while both descriptions seem to not relate, they fit together well in the series

Honestly I used to think Air was dramatic, but not so much now. I think if you're into dramas, probably Fruits Basket is more dramatic.

You have probably watched most of these, but anyways:

Cowboy Bebop (best anime I have watched)
Gurren Lagann
Fruits Basket
Hellsing/Hellsing Ultimate (I know many don't like Hellsing, but I liked it)
Digimon (I know you'll say WTF)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Dragon Ball Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back