• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

An idea for C.O.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcsimaoo

Awards
Hiya, guys! How's everybody?

I'd like to share with you an idea that ocurred me some time ago...

As we already know, Sora is going to visit Castle Obivion in some moment to wake Ventus up. If that's is going to be a playable world or just cutscene we can't say by now, but imagining it is a full playable world, how it would look?

It's kinda easy to guess the Chamber of Awakening is located in the seventh or the thriteenth floor, so we are supposed to go upstars and walk in each floor. How could these floors be designed?
What if in each one we visit a specific scenario of world we had gone in old games. For example, visinting the Bizarre Room of Wonderland, or maybe the main square of Halloween Town... Plus, as we are aproaching the chamber, we could see some worlds just Ven has saw, the seven dwarves cottage, Maleficent's castle, Cinderella's home, etc.

It Would be a nice way to see those familiar places in the beautiful Unreal 4 engine.
What do you guys think of that ideia?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Interesting idea. Maybe one of the floors could take some inspiration from Daybreak Town since Ven originated from there.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I was ready to say I wouldn't mind going through just the castle like in Re:Coded (clearly with a bit more to it), but I like your idea more.

mytomxxx

Nice idea, I wonder if it would take to much work and them they choose to not do it.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I am fond of this idea, if not only because it's a good way to take beats from the in-your-face contemporary world marketing. If we're tying up loose ends, the more we see of Sora or Ven's memories brought to relevance in CO might just be another good way to reinforce relevance of the bonds made spanning the series.

Seadrin

Awards
I love this idea!

Even if it's just a handful of little rooms, with our previous party members hopping in to fight heartless one last time.. even if it's just taking place in the realm of C.O. and memories, sounds really awesome!

lusca_bueno

Apparently this is your first post, and it's perfect. This idea is just amazing, I was recently wondering if there was an "economic" way of representing old worlds in the new level of details achieved in KHIII, and all I could think of was a mission mode, maybe multiplayer oriented, but that would probably take more than 1 area for each world to be good, but I think one area per world would be just fine in this situation. Assuming Sora is visiting Castle Oblivion after so much time, his memories of those worlds are already fading a little, so it would make sense that he remembers only a few places.

I'm not sure if this would be too much work though, specially since KHIII has been approaching returning worlds with new designs, BUT it would definitely make sense that Sora remembers those worlds exactly like they were, just with upgraded graphics/art, of course.

Now I want something I'm probably not getting. Damn.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I love this idea!

Even if it's just a handful of little rooms, with our previous party members hopping in to fight heartless one last time.. even if it's just taking place in the realm of C.O. and memories, sounds really awesome!

It would be cool if we fight some old Disney Villains too or old Heartless bosses.

Fight some heartless and a boss comes which you have to beat and of course - they're not as strong in the lower levels of Castle Oblivion.

I don't know if it'll be lots of work but it'll be pretty fun or maybe it could be a post game thing.

I'd love to fight old bosses and see old areas in the new Engine.

lusca_bueno

It would be cool if we fight some old Disney Villains too or old Heartless bosses.

Fight some heartless and a boss comes which you have to beat and of course - they're not as strong in the lower levels of Castle Oblivion.

I don't know if it'll be lots of work but it'll be pretty fun or maybe it could be a post game thing.

I'd love to fight old bosses and see old areas in the new Engine.

The way you put it makes me wonder how amazing it would be if Castle Oblivion was a place like Mementos in Persona5, in which you go exploring because eventually you'll have to complete a mission there (saving Ventus), but you can slowly go through it as you gain access to new levels of the castle, each with higher difficulty level as you said.

Maybe the post game content could be the basement levels! Imagine if after Land of Departure is restored, the basement levels are still there as some kind of appendix resulting from the transformation, it would be an amazing way to keep the beautiful aesthetics of C.O. alive even after it's gone. It could also serve to be further explored in the basement levels, leading to a secret ending that teases and explain some connections of KHIII to KHUX, because if you think about it, both returning characters from KHUX are conviniently tied to C.O., and my bet is there's a reason. Maybe even Larxene, being Marluxia's partner in their coup attempt, might be from KHUX era as well, both holding their own agenda in the present. Would be amazing if we got a double boss fight in C.O. against Larxene and Marluxia!

Last edited:

HakaishinChampa

Awards
The way you put it makes me wonder how amazing it would be if Castle Oblivion was a place like Mementos in Persona5, in which you go exploring because eventually you'll have to complete a mission there (saving Ventus), but you can slowly go through it as you gain access to new levels of the castle, each with higher difficulty level as you said.

Maybe the post game content could be the basement levels! Imagine if after Land of Departure is restored, the basement levels are still there as some kind of appendix resulting from the transformation, it would be an amazing way to keep the beautiful aesthetics of C.O. alive even after it's gone. It could also serve to be further explored in the basement levels, leading to a secret ending that teases and explain some connections of KHIII to KHUX, because if you think about it, both returning characters from KHUX are conviniently tied to C.O., and my bet is there's a reason. Maybe even Larxene, being Marluxia's partner in their coup attempt, might be from KHUX era as well, both holding their own agenda in the present. Would be amazing if we got a double boss fight in C.O. against Larxene and Marluxia!
Maybe the basement levels would be you fighting through the levels like you do in the story again but this time its harder.

When you get to the last floor you can refight all of the New Org XIII and they'll be stronger - like the Cavern of Rememberence's Org Data Fights.

Or maybe as you get further down you see Ventus' forgotten memories and have to fight the other Fortellers and eventually a secret boss encounter with a hooded Figure that might be Luxu, MoM or Strezilia's Nobody.

Also agree with fighting Larxene and Marluxia at the same time.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
On the subject of challenging double battles, a 1v2 against Xemnas and Ansem seems to be the path of least resistance for these characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back