• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I Alone on This?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I've been seeing a lot of people saying that Com and Re: Com are their favorite KH games. Now here's my question.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THAT ITS THE WORST GAME IN THE SERIES!?

Not to say that its a bad game but I just dont see why its the best. I hate the card system, choosing what to level up, the worlds are just like they were in KH1 except with rooms and without the whole villain alliance. The storyline's deep and all but it didn't really appeal to me. I mean, your main objective is to save a girl who you've never met (well you sort of have since she's part of Kairi) and who doesnt technically exist. And I hate story's where the main characters are clueless about stuff and we know whats going on. There are times when Sora would talk about Namine and I would yell " No you dumbass! It's Kairi! Kairi!"

Keep in mind that I havent played Reverse Rebirth so this is all based on Sora's story.

Namine messed with Sora's memories, making him think he knew Namine, and making him forget Kairi. It wasn't his fault -_-;...Get your facts straight. And yeah, the card systerm is pretty annoying, but I think the storyline is great.[We're introduced to the Org:E] I admit, Re:CoM isn't my favorite either...but I still think it's awesome.

I hope you don't bash RR next[haven't you played it on the GBA before? o.o]

Namine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kairi.

You forgot some >'s ^^

Last edited:

anti-form137

Namine messed with Sora's memories, making him think he knew Namine, and making him forget Kairi. It wasn't his fault -_-;...Get your facts straight. And yeah, the card systerm is pretty annoying, but I think the storyline is great.[We're introduced to the Org:E] I admit, Re:CoM isn't my favorite either...but I still think it's awesome.

I hope you don't bash RR next[haven't you played it on the GBA before? o.o]

You forgot some >'s ^^

I know that! I just didn't like it.

Waters_Memory

The game is one of the best in the series. It gave us Namine :D, Twilight Town, a loot of characters seen later on, and gave us a lot of things to theorize over. I do feel Days will be my fave of them all. I adore Roxas!

But anyways back to topic. The combat made you think it out, which is a good thing. I prefer it to most games with similar combat. Games now seem like they don't want you to think, or anything in that manner. *Eyes shift to the last 3 Tomb Raiders.* Tomb Raider is now an example. From Legend to Underworld, all that is focused on is the graphics and making sure the player isn't frustrated or has to think out the way or puzzle. I'm done with my small rant. Sorry.

The fact it came out on GBA was cool. I still play it on there when I'm on a road trip. And after playing it on the PS2 it felt awkward playing KH1 and KH2.

Last edited:

Key of Valor

The Professor
The things I didn't like about CoM was how the memory subplots
were pointless. Beating most of the floors was just an annoying
chore so you could advance further on and see the few glimpses
of the main plot inbetween each floor.

Another thing I didn't like was how CoM took the KH story in
a different direction. The end of KH1 left a great deal of
potential for the story to advance in any direction, but that
potential was brought to an abrubt end when Sora gets
trapped in Castle Oblivion and then gets his memories
messed up by a witch. The adventure in CoM accomplished
almost nothing except for dispose of a few Organization
members. The CoM adventure itself resulted in a loss for
Sora in more ways than one. Riku's story in CoM was much
better than Sora's story. At least his adventure wasn't
completely useless. And at the end of CoM, it turns out Riku
and Mickey are the ones with the great deal of potential to
advance their story in any direction.

A

Azrael

I've been seeing a lot of people saying that Com and Re: Com are their favorite KH games. Now here's my question.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THAT ITS THE WORST GAME IN THE SERIES!?

Not to say that its a bad game but I just dont see why its the best. I hate the card system, choosing what to level up, the worlds are just like they were in KH1 except with rooms and without the whole villain alliance. The storyline's deep and all but it didn't really appeal to me. I mean, your main objective is to save a girl who you've never met (well you sort of have since she's part of Kairi) and who doesnt technically exist. And I hate story's where the main characters are clueless about stuff and we know whats going on. There are times when Sora would talk about Namine and I would yell " No you dumbass! It's Kairi! Kairi!"

Keep in mind that I havent played Reverse Rebirth so this is all based on Sora's story.

According to Metacritic and Gameinformer, it IS the worst in the series.

misinformed

Awards
The things I didn't like about CoM was how the memory subplots
were pointless. Beating most of the floors was just an annoying
chore so you could advance further on and see the few glimpses
of the main plot inbetween each floor.

Another thing I didn't like was how CoM took the KH story in
a different direction. The end of KH1 left a great deal of
potential for the story to advance in any direction, but that
potential was brought to an abrubt end when Sora gets
trapped in Castle Oblivion and then gets his memories
messed up by a witch. The adventure in CoM accomplished
almost nothing except for dispose of a few Organization
members. The CoM adventure itself resulted in a loss for
Sora in more ways than one. Riku's story in CoM was much
better than Sora's story. At least his adventure wasn't
completely useless. And at the end of CoM, it turns out Riku
and Mickey are the ones with the great deal of potential to
advance their story in any direction.

most definately~!!! Agreed word for word:)

A

Azrael

most definately~!!! Agreed word for word:)

I don't.

Reverse/Rebirth I admit gave Riku a lot of character development but I saw no point giving him his own half of the game considering that there was no plot within the card worlds.

misinformed

Awards
I don't.

Reverse/Rebirth I admit gave Riku a lot of character development but I saw no point giving him his own half of the game considering that there was no plot within the card worlds.

Ah really~!?
I liked riku getting his own part...
and actually, i wouldn't call it half of the game
It was much quicker than sora's side :)
so more like a fourth of the game~?

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
The game wasn't all bad. Sure, the card system can get a little tricky, but it's not too hard. The system had a tiny bit of strategy thinking in it which I didn't think was too bad. Plus, it gave us a look at the Organization, threw Namine at us, gave us a sort of start for KH2.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
All these people whining about the card system, psh. It added all that strategy that's being pointed out, plus I tohught it was fun ordering the cards so that you had the perfect sleights, and that when the first cards of those sleights were gone after reloading, you'd have a new set-up of sleights layed out perfectly.

But I'm an intricate thinker.

HeartlesGuardian

I don't.

And the plot is Sora's wasnt the exact same in KH1?
Oh wait it wasn't. It was MORE pointless in CoM

The only NEW plot that was in Sora's story was in between worlds until you got to twilight town.

Riku's story was ALL plot. Why? Because it didn't use the same plot as KH1 because we didn't KNOW anything about Riku.

And if you see no point in giving Riku half a game, do you not approve of BBS/Days/Coded then since they aren't the main plot?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Sadly, not everyone is.
People hate CoM because you have to think.

Not only with the gameplay. The plot requires thought, as well. Unlike KHII, where the end of each scene would basically be devoted to telling you, ver batim, what to do next.

The Disney Worlds were not the main focus of CoM, don't treat them like they should have been. The purpose of the Disney worlds was Namine's subliminal attempts to tell Sora the truth. Riku's Disney Worlds were to fight the inner darkness inside.

HeartlesGuardian

Not only with the gameplay. The plot requires thought, as well. Unlike KHII, where the end of each scene would basically be devoted to telling you, ver batim, what to do next.

We weren't told what to do in CoM cause there wasn't much else TO do except farm Key to Treasures lol.

But I will agree that the battle system actually required your IQ to be higher than your age to comprehend, which alot of people failed at.

FireDragon

I liked it, but not as much as KH II it seemed to be more complicated, but the card system maked it unique.

A

Azrael

And the plot is Sora's wasnt the exact same in KH1?
Oh wait it wasn't. It was MORE pointless in CoM

The only NEW plot that was in Sora's story was in between worlds until you got to twilight town.

Riku's story was ALL plot. Why? Because it didn't use the same plot as KH1 because we didn't KNOW anything about Riku.

And if you see no point in giving Riku half a game, do you not approve of BBS/Days/Coded then since they aren't the main plot?

I would had preferred Riku having some sort of plots in the card worlds showing us the memories of what he did while working for Maleficent.

HeartlesGuardian

I would had preferred Riku having some sort of plots in the card worlds showing us the memories of what he did while working for Maleficent.

From what we see/know, he only interferes in Neverland, Monstro, and Hollow Bastion, and he has his own plot in HB.

But yes. Just going into the other worlds, killing bosses, then leaving was lame. But inbetween worlds cutscenes were pretty sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back