• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

All Known KH3 Keyblades and Keyblade Transformations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NezzyGuda

So I did some research because I was curious about the KH3 keyblades, and was finding it very difficult to locate this info in one place, so I'm sharing it here :p

------------------------------------------------
Sora's Keyblades, forms and colors.
.:Defense/Guard Form Keyblades (Yellow Outfit):.
[Hercules] *Unknown Name Keyblade
-Form: Counter Shield
--Finish: Multiple Arms Attack
--(2nd/Removed?) Finish: Pegasus Chariot

.:Strength/Power Form Keyblades (Red Outfit):.
[Toy Story] Infinity Badge Keyblade
-1st Form: Hyper Hammer
-2nd Form: Drill Punch
--Finish: Claw Machine Grab and Smash
[Monsters Inc.] Smile Gear Keyblade
-1st Form: Agile Claws
-2nd Form: Twin Yo-Yos
--Finish: Yo-Yo Monster Crushing and Compacting
[Pirates of the Caribbean] *Unknown Name Keyblade
-1st Form: High Wind
-2nd Form: Storm Flag
--Finish: *Unknown

.:Magic/Magic Form? Keyblades (Blue Outfit):.
[*Fantasia/Twilight Town/NA?] Shooting Star Keyblade
-1st Form: Double Arrow Guns
-2nd Form: Magic Launcher
--Finish: Magic Launcher Cluster Bomb
[Tangled] Ever After Keyblade
-Form: Mirage Staff
--Finish: Tower Light Beams

.:Speed/Speed Form? Keyblades (Green Outfit):.
[Frozen] *Unknown Name Keyblade
-(2nd?) Form: Blizzard Blades
--Finish: *Unknown

.:Special Keylades (Unique Outfit):.
[No Specific World] Kingdom Key Keyblade
-Form: Second Form
--1st Finish: Stun Impact
--2nd Finish: Sonic Blade
--3rd Finish: Ars Arcanum

.:Unknown Type Keyblades:.
*Star Seeker (Kingdom Key Variant) Keyblade

NOTE: When you use a keyblade enough a reaction command will appear. If a transformation is possible, the transformation command will appear. If a transformation is not possible, a finish command will appear. You cannot perform a finish command with a partially transformed keyblade, the transformation is considered the finish. With this knowledge, I was able to deduce that Hercules Keyblade, Tangled Keyblade, and Kingdom Key all only have one form. The Frozen Keyblade is a mystery because although there is a finish for Twin Blades, we technically never see the keyblade transform into Twin Blades, which means Twin Blades could potentially be the 2nd form of the Frozen Keyblade. The Hercules Keyblade is unusual as well. In previous trailers, Counter Shield has a finish where it transformed into a chariot pulled by Pegasus. In newer trailers, Counter Shield summons massive arms that punch enemies. This move doesn't appear to be a finish because the Finish Command does not disappear when its activated, like all of the other finishes. But this is the only "cinematic" style keyblade attack that isn't a finish or shotlock. Also, i know the Star Seeker (Kingdom Key variant) that Aqua picks up in the E3 trailers is an equippable keyblade because a Japanese retailer released an exclusive skin that could be applied to this keyblade if you preorder KH3 from this retailer.

Feel Free to share this, and/or provide more information that I can add to this.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Thanks for this thread.

It at least gives a rundown of the different forms and Keyblades that Sora will be getting in the game, along with the expected remaining Disney worlds and Original worlds in the game.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
It’s still curious to me that Smile Gear is a Power Form instead of Speed Form and seems to be received right after Infinity Badge, also a Power Form. It seems like it’d be an obvious fit for Speed Form.... Unless there’s a Speed Form Keyblade that we receive right before or after it.

*coughs*SugarRush*coughs*racecartransformation*coughs*

Sorry, something’s stuck in my throat. Oh, it’s my dreams of Wreck It Ralph in KH3.

mytomxxx

Usable keyblades we have:

KH1 - 18

KH2 - 24

I'm expecting more keyblades in KH3.
Now that Zip said, it makes sense monster inc's keyblade being speed form.
And I think Shooting Star is a non world keyblade.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Usable keyblades we have:

KH1 - 18

KH2 - 24

I'm expecting more keyblades in KH3.
Now that Zip said, it makes sense monster inc's keyblade being speed form.
And I think Shooting Star is a non world keyblade.

I’m not sure we’ll have more since we have transformations/leveling now. With each Keyblade being capable of a lot more, I’m only expecting about 13 through the main scenario (about 1 per world) and then a handful for post-game. Of course, we could see DLC Keyblades as well.

Smile Gear is definitely Power Form as Sora’s clothes turn red during it, which is easier to see when he uses it in Toy Box in demo footage. I was just insinuating that we might get a different Speed Form Keyblade right before or after we visit Monstropolis that would have caused them to make Smile Gear a Power Form instead.

If by non-world, you mean like Kingdom Key which has a unique form, I’m 99% positive Shooting Star is Magic Form considering his clothes change to blue and we receive it from Yen Sid for passing the Mark of Mastery. So it’s the Mysterious Tower/Twilight Town Keyblade.

mytomxxx

I’m not sure we’ll have more since we have transformations/leveling now. With each Keyblade being capable of a lot more, I’m only expecting about 13 through the main scenario (about 1 per world) and then a handful for post-game. Of course, we could see DLC Keyblades as well.

Smile Gear is definitely Power Form as Sora’s clothes turn red during it, which is easier to see when he uses it in Toy Box in demo footage. I was just insinuating that we might get a different Speed Form Keyblade right before or after we visit Monstropolis that would have caused them to make Smile Gear a Power Form instead.

If by non-world, you mean like Kingdom Key which has a unique form, I’m 99% positive Shooting Star is Magic Form considering his clothes change to blue and we receive it from Yen Sid for passing the Mark of Mastery. So it’s the Mysterious Tower/Twilight Town Keyblade.

I'm expecting more keyblades cause, good part of the keyblades we get are from events (defeating sephiroh, winning hades cup, synth, etc...), and i'm including possible dlcs keyblade, as I included mushroom XIII keyblade which is 2FM only.

I understood what you said, it is a power form indeed, but I agree it makes sense to be a speed form and for some reason it is not.

By non-world I mean, a keyblade we receive not for entering/leaving a world. Shooting Star is a magic form keyblade. I meant that I doubt it is from fantasia, if he means a fantasia world and not mysterious tower.

NezzyGuda

I agree with most everything said here :p I also assume there will likely be 3 keyblades per form, with 4 forms that gives us 12. I also assume this may be a hint to the number of disney worlds, which I believe to be around 9-10. Then you have to throw in ultima keyblade and kingdom key, giving us around 14. And i assume they may have 1 or 2 extra keyblades. So i put my guess in at around 16, but even then i feel like thats A LOT of work they have to do considering theyre making keyblade transformations for each keyblade lol.

I actually played the E3 demo and was surprised at how smile gear was in fact red when i used it. What was more surprising was that smile gear didnt have a guard to it when it transformed which really threw me off, since the hyper hammer (and maybe the drill punch) was the only keyblade transformation with a guard (other than kingdom key of course, but that doesnt necessarily transform). I had assumed a power form would use a more power stance when using guard, but not for smile gear. Smile gear transformations did an attack dodge instead of a guard, which i thought seemed more like a speed form should be imo. And then, ever after did a dodge that spawned a sora afterimage when i tried to do a stationary guard.

And thats a great point! I think you may be right with it being from Mysterious Tower. Also, btw I only said Fantasia because i remember sometime long ago reading something that said Mysterious Tower no longer resides as part of Twilight Town. I dont remember how accurate this is, so i just labled Mysterious Tower as Fantasia. Since fantasia was in DDD i dont see it returning as a full world, or really as part of mysterious tower, but they could have some major reference to it, as that is YenSids domain. But as i thought about how the keyblade works (i.e. you get a new keyblade at the beginning of visiting a world) I thought itd be interesting if you got it from Twilight Town. And that makes a lot of sense to me, it's early in the game (likely before tangled, one of the worlds where we see it used) because you get the little gameboy thing there and that starts the side quest where you have to collect minigames from all worlds. And most of the footage we've seen from twilight town has Sora with the Shooting Star. (I actually believe the world order is Twilight Town as Riku, Olympus as Sora, Dark Realm as Riku, Twilight Town as Sora, then all of the other worlds beginning with Toy Story, Monsters Inc., and then the second set of worlds including Kingdom of Corona, then the final set of worlds including Pirates and Big Hero 6, but this is one of my other theories based off of cutscenes, that i may post here as well lol)

Also, you mentioned the blue outfit as a sign of magic/wisdom form, but id like to point out that ever after and shooting star both have sora gliding/hovering above the ground when they use the transformations, which is very reminiscent to kh2 wisdom form, which really solidifies both ever after and shooting star being a magic form.

And i REALLY want sugar rush :'( :'( but i feel like it was deconfirmed with the introduction of Ralph as a link summon.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, since Sora is seen in his KH3 clothes wielding the Olympus Keyblade in Twilight Town in the E3 Showcase trailer, I think it is pretty certain that he returns to Mysterious Tower after Olympus where he gets his new clothes and Keyblade alongside Riku who is confirmed to get his new Keyblade from Yen Sid. Then he’ll head straight into Twilight Town to learn how to return Roxas after hearing about Aqua’s fate from Mickey and Riku. After whatever happens with the Data-Twilight Town, Sora will go to Toy Box and onward.

NezzyGuda

Yup, I agree fully. I actually just posted my theory on the Progression of KH3 in the early game lol. I hope Riku doesnt turn into a Terra clone with his massive keyblade now lol

Leaferian

Awards
Hey so, I did one of these threads ages ago and just never had the time to sit down and make it pretty/hash it out. One of the things I noticed and never got around to editing into my topic is that the Frozen keyblade doesn't have a green form.

In the KHI article I'm linking below, you can see some pretty clear screenshots of the Blizzard Blades in action. The outfit is actually a unique one, mostly gray with some blue crystal/ice tendril patterns on the pant legs. This is distinct from the Wisdom Form seen when the Double Arrowguns and Mirage Staff are used (blue jacket with silver-gray stars on the pants).

https://www.khinsider.com/news/King...ts-renders-for-Sora-Riku-Kairi-and-more-12405

EDIT: I believe it was also mentioned that not all keyblades transform, and those that don't transform will have other things setting them apart. It is entirely possibly we'll still have tons of non-transforming keyblades that have special abilities or change your moveset similarly to the Kingdom Key's Second Form.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Hey so, I did one of these threads ages ago and just never had the time to sit down and make it pretty/hash it out. One of the things I noticed and never got around to editing into my topic is that the Frozen keyblade doesn't have a green form.

In the KHI article I'm linking below, you can see some pretty clear screenshots of the Blizzard Blades in action. The outfit is actually a unique one, mostly gray with some blue crystal/ice tendril patterns on the pant legs. This is distinct from the Wisdom Form seen when the Double Arrowguns and Mirage Staff are used (blue jacket with silver-gray stars on the pants).

https://www.khinsider.com/news/King...ts-renders-for-Sora-Riku-Kairi-and-more-12405

EDIT: I believe it was also mentioned that not all keyblades transform, and those that don't transform will have other things setting them apart. It is entirely possibly we'll still have tons of non-transforming keyblades that have special abilities or change your moveset similarly to the Kingdom Key's Second Form.

The jacket looks pretty green to me; I think it is just a dark shade.

NezzyGuda

It does look like darker green, grey to me, but im still going with green, but thats a very good observation. I didnt even notice the color pallete being that dark. In any case, i do agree that it looks like a different form than the others we've seen thus far.

And oo!! I remember reading something like that as well and completely forgot! Thats a good point. My hopes are much higher now :3 I cant wait to see whats in store for us! :D

Leaferian

Awards
Fair enough, I could see how certain sections could be seen as greenish, even though they look gray to me. At any rate, it is definitely a unique outfit. It looks like his shoes change as well.

horto12485

Awards
Let's see

Second Form

Keyblades that Correspond to the Form: Kingdom Key (Hmm i think it's the Only Keyblade that Corresponds to Second form though it's not going to have any Transformations) (I don't know if there'll be more Keyblades that corresponds to Second form or not)

1st Finisher: Stun Impact
2nd Finisher: Sonic Blade
3rd Finisher: Ars Acranum

Magic Form (Or Mystic Form)

Shooting Star (Probably acquired at Yen Sid's Tower before you go to Twilight Town and start Sora's Adventure)

1st Transformation: Double Arrowguns
2nd Transformation: Magic Launcher

Finisher: Magic Firing

Happily Ever After (Acquired when you arrive at Kingdom of Corona)

1st Transformation: Mirage Staff
2nd Transformation: ???

Finisher: Tower

Princess and the Frog Keyblade (???) (If it does get a World or Not)

1st Transformation: ???

Finisher: ???

Power Form (Gives the Keyblade Power)

Infinity Badge (Acquired when you arrive at Toy Box)

Transformations

1st: Hyper Hammer
2nd: Drill Punch

Finisher: Whip Attack

Smile Gear (Acquired when you arrive at Monstropolis and meet with Mike and Sulley and Boo)

1st Transformation: Agile Claws
2nd Transformation: Twin Yo Yos

Finisher: Scream Strike

A Pirates Life (Acquired when arriving at The Caribbean)

1st Transformation: High Wind
2nd Transformation: Storm Flag

Finisher: Flag Attack

Speed Form (Green Clothing for Sora Represents Speed)

Frozen Heart

1st Transformation: Blizzard Blades

Finisher: Blizzard Strike

Jungle Beat (Acquired when you arrive at the Wild Jungle)

Guardian Form (Represents Guard (AKA Defense)

Will of Zeus (Acquired during the Visit of Olympus)

1st Transformation: Counter Shield
2nd Transformation: Pegasus Chariot

Finisher: Power of the Gods

Tadashi is Here (Acquired during the Visit of San Fransokyo)

??? Keyblade

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Now that the Big Hero 6 Keyblade has been revealed to be a Speed Form keyblade here is the complete Rundown of the Keyblades revealed so far

Defense/Guard Form Keyblades (Yellow Outfit):
  • Hercules/Olympus Keyblade
  • ???
  • ???

Strength/Power Form Keyblades (Red Outfit):
  • Toy Story - Infinity Badge Keyblade
  • Monsters Inc. - Smile Gear Keyblade
  • Pirates of the Caribbean Keyblade

Magic/Magic Form Keyblades (Blue Outfit):
  • Twilight Town/Mysterious Tower - Shooting Star Keyblade
  • Tangled - Ever After Keyblade
  • ???

Speed/Speed Form Keyblades (Green Outfit):
  • Frozen Keyblade
  • Big Hero 6 Keyblade
  • ???

Now for my expectations for the final keyblades, you will get from the specific Disney worlds I'm expecting the following. For the final Speed Form keyblade, it will go to Wreck-It Ralph (IF it's announced as a world in KH3) given that the Game, Sugar Rush is all about racing and the racing Keyblade will fit well with the world. For the final Magic form Keyblade, I think it will be for Princess and the Frog as the film does dealing with magic, and voodoo which I would say would be an interesting Keyblade transformation for Sora.

The Olympus keyblade is so far the ONLY keyblade so far that is on the Defense Guardian form so with only two slots left that have yet to be revealed. Anyone know which Disney/Disney-Pixar films as worlds would fit the criteria for the Guardian/Defense form Keyblade?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Now that the Big Hero 6 Keyblade has been revealed to be a Speed Form keyblade here is the complete Rundown of the Keyblades revealed so far

Defense/Guard Form Keyblades (Yellow Outfit):
  • Hercules/Olympus Keyblade
  • ???
  • ???

Strength/Power Form Keyblades (Red Outfit):
  • Toy Story - Infinity Badge Keyblade
  • Monsters Inc. - Smile Gear Keyblade
  • Pirates of the Caribbean Keyblade

Magic/Magic Form Keyblades (Blue Outfit):
  • Twilight Town/Mysterious Tower - Shooting Star Keyblade
  • Tangled - Ever After Keyblade
  • ???

Speed/Speed Form Keyblades (Green Outfit):
  • Frozen Keyblade
  • Big Hero 6 Keyblade
  • ???

Now for my expectations for the final keyblades, you will get from the specific Disney worlds I'm expecting the following. For the final Speed Form keyblade, it will go to Wreck-It Ralph (IF it's announced as a world in KH3) given that the Game, Sugar Rush is all about racing and the racing Keyblade will fit well with the world. For the final Magic form Keyblade, I think it will be for Princess and the Frog as the film does dealing with magic, and voodoo which I would say would be an interesting Keyblade transformation for Sora.

The Olympus keyblade is so far the ONLY keyblade so far that is on the Defense Guardian form so with only two slots left that have yet to be revealed. Anyone know which Disney/Disney-Pixar films as worlds would fit the criteria for the Guardian/Defense form Keyblade?

He could get Guardian form Keyblades from original worlds. In particular, Radiant Garden. For potential Disney worlds, I think Atlantis or Jungle Book could feature Guardian Keyblades. The former could be based on the Stone Guardians. The latter could be Guardian due to Baloo and Bagheera serving as protectors of Mowgli.

Hirokey123

Awards
People have been saying green is speed form but I'm starting to think it's a technique form because I've noticed that the green form keyblades share a trait the others don't, they are simultaneous weapon forms.

All the red,blue, and yellow form blades we've seen are singular weapons.
Hammer, Drill, Yo-yo, Claws, Guns, Canon, Shield, Spear/flag (whatever you want to call it)

But the green ones?

Frozen's transformation is both ice skates and ice blades at the same time while BH6's one transformation we've seen so far's main gimiick is quickly cycling through different nanobot weapons (fist, drill, hammer, etc..) and it seems you can even transition of the forms mid combo.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Smile Gear is Power form. I wonder why Sora's monster fur took on a yellowish color?

I think they wanted to convey the form through his clothes for consistency with the other worlds, which is why his jacket is red and not his fur. Having both the jacket and his fur red would’ve been too much of the same color. The orange fur makes his red hair and jacket pop more and gives more variety from his normal grey fur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back