• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Advertisements for Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link Appear on Social Media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Advertisements for the closed beta test for Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link have started to appear online worldwide, showing off the character models of the player character, the exploration map, the game's various menus, and the character pieces used for combat.

In these promotional items, we get our first official look at the UI design for the menus in Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link. The two menus shown are the Character menu and the Enhancements menu. It also shows off how the game can be played in portrait or landscape mode. Key Cast has shared multiple images that have been shared on social media like Instagram. Advertisements have also been spotted in Japan on Instagram.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link, Kingdom Hearts IV, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Source: Key Cast via Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I love the designs and keyblades of the male and female players. Be cool if they ended up as DLC options for Sora in KH4.

AR829038

Awards
I just noticed that the background for the top middle picture is a world I don't think we've seen! At first, I saw green, and my mind went to the announcement trailer which showed off the Corona world being reused, but I just noticed the palm trees, which means it can't be Corona. I guess it could potentially be just a generic tropical background for tropical countries, since it looks like the real-world map is gonna be used for this game. But it would be cool if we actually got new exclusive worlds in this game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just noticed that the background for the top middle picture is a world I don't think we've seen! At first, I saw green, and my mind went to the announcement trailer which showed off the Corona world being reused, but I just noticed the palm trees, which means it can't be Corona. I guess it could potentially be just a generic tropical background for tropical countries, since it looks like the real-world map is gonna be used for this game. But it would be cool if we actually got new exclusive worlds in this game.
People have been theorizing it is either Destiny Island, Moana, or Lily and Stitch...

AR829038

Awards
People have been theorizing it is either Destiny Island, Moana, or Lily and Stitch...
Well, in any of those cases, it would still be new. Moana and Lilo and Stitch worlds have never been explored before, and that's clearly not an image of the typical Destiny Islands, so it could be the main island. But I think the most likely explanation is that it's just a generic regional background for tropical areas on the world map.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
But I think the most likely explanation is that it's just a generic regional background for tropical areas on the world map.
Unlikely. When they showed this world off in the trailer, the preceding title card said "explore Disney worlds." There's nothing to suggest that they're doing topographical regional overlays for the maps based on local environments. More likely the maps get Disney-inspired ones.

AR829038

Awards
Unlikely. When they showed this world off in the trailer, the preceding title card said "explore Disney worlds." There's nothing to suggest that they're doing topographical regional overlays for the maps based on local environments. More likely the maps get Disney-inspired ones.
Hmm, interesting. And that also rules out Destiny Islands. In that case, it would HAVE to be a brand new Disney world, unless it's one of those islands from The Caribbean and it just looks kinda different.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hmm, interesting. And that also rules out Destiny Islands. In that case, it would HAVE to be a brand new Disney world, unless it's one of those islands from The Caribbean and it just looks kinda different.
It doesn’t rule Destiny Island out at all. There nothing starting that particular location is or isn’t a Disney world. We literally know nothing about the location beyond the fact it has a bunch of palm trees and greenery.

But what can be crossed off is that this has anything to do with real world topography.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
It would be a bit misleading to say “An adventure featuring Disney worlds” right before that shot if it wasn’t one. But I won’t rule it out. Technically speaking, all KH worlds are Disney worlds.

It could be a world set in Unreality. The Astral Plane connects existence and non-existence, so I think we’ll see distortions that take us to worlds on either side.

My question right now is how much of a role will the Disney worlds even play? From what we’ve seen so far, they could just be battle arenas that we’re briefly transported to via these distortions. We’ve yet to see any indication of Disney characters and stories playing a part.

Maybe they want to wait for the full release to advertise that side of the game, but there’s also the possibility they don’t want to put the resources into rendering cutscenes, recording voices, etc. for the Disney worlds.

But what can be crossed off is that this has anything to do with real world topography.

I actually have it on good authority that we’ll have to hike up a snow covered mountain if we want to visit Elsa’s castle. This mission will be critical to understanding the plot of KH4.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
ooh I got an ad for this on Facebook
IMG_2093.jpg

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
This is just making me depressed they don't make Disney Infinity figures anymore. We never got a Winnie The Pooh figure in that game, man.

HipsterSora

Awards
Including the 7 you have here in this post, I have 21 pictures total that are being advertised on Facebook. Reach out to me if you want the other 14? Some of them have new stuff, some of them are just reorganizing the same stuff from the ones you've found. My first post on this site in a decade so not sure how this typically works, contributing.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
IMG_1311.jpeg

IMG_1311.jpeg
In this one, on the phone screen, there’s a different look at the hooded figures if you zoom in above the Darkside. I wonder what the orbs around them are.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Including the 7 you have here in this post, I have 21 pictures total that are being advertised on Facebook. Reach out to me if you want the other 14? Some of them have new stuff, some of them are just reorganizing the same stuff from the ones you've found. My first post on this site in a decade so not sure how this typically works, contributing.
Please share them here in the thread and I’ll add them to the article with credits to you.

ooh I got an ad for this on Facebook
IMG_2093.jpg
Gonna add this one as well with credit to you, Chaser.

HipsterSora

Awards
Various thoughts from these ads.

These renders are fantastic, i never noticed before that Light Order's keychain is a lightbulb lol. Can also clearly see Lucky Gear's is a gear, who would have guessed. Quite the androgynous outfit for our player character, it's nice. The long hair on the girl version is cute.

A few of the ads give a pretty good look at the (new?) Disney World they have been showing us. I still really can't definitively place it. I feel like recent KH has been very very good about following source material, but idk the area is kinda generic looking tropical? I watched Moana and Lilo last night just to check if there was a matching area, but nothing. I also looked through the Caribbean.

A stat screen! Specifically this appears to be in "Decks" -> "Equipment Setup" -> Player Status menu. We can see Power 834, HP 126, MP 120. Keyblade is LV.1, Element looks like either a flame or a quake spell, unsure there. Might compare it to other element icons we've seen. Then there are 3 accessory slots.... the only one I can clearly make out is like a pocketwatch or something, the other 2 are either blank or just very blury? Looks like it could be a shield and ...god idk lol. Statues are actually called "Pieces" which is interesting. Then at the very bottom there is an "Equipment" box, I wonder is that's something you can scroll down to or if you push it. I also can't quite make it out but between "Equipment Setup" and "Player Status" you can see those 5 dots that indicate we have a sliding menu. I assume that's for additional setups, and whichever one you hover on last before going back is what will be equipped.

The golden background image... This looks to be the 3 star pieces for those basic Mickey Donald and Goofy pieces they give us in the tutorial. You can see in a different ad they are using the silver Mickey, so I can only assume that upgrading your Pieces can also change the model. This isn't unlike KHUX, which would sometimes change which image is used for a medal as you upgrade it. Linking Sora A as an example. https://unchainedx.fandom.com/wiki/Sora_KH_Version_A
An alternative though is that these are simply DIFFERENT pieces. On Picture #3 with the equipment setup we could see silver mickey donald and goofy are Fire, maybe ice, and a bashing attack respectively. Goofy's fits just fine between the two, but Mickey's and Donald's seem wrong. Could the actual usable ability change beyond just a damage amp then? Mickey 2 Star is fire but Mickey 3 Star is that exploding light looking attack. Donald 2 Star looks like a blue diamond which I assume is ice, but this Donald 3 Star looks like its hurling fire. In another ad we get to see how to enhance the pieces, including enhancing the ability so maybe it can change.

"Enhance Pieces" -> "Enhancements" -> "Level" "Level Boost" or "Enhance Ability". We know it's a 2 Star Mickey because it has a silver base, but also because in the top left of the Piece Portrait area there are 2 faint stars. This is strictly speaking "King Mickey" as well. When leveling a 2* King Mickey to lv2, STR DEF MAG M.DEF all increase by 1 point, while CHA increases by 2. The first 4 stats are fairly simple to understand but CHA seems more unknown. Could be for "charge", meaning how quickly the medal charges off cooldown? To level the piece up we need Piece Frags. This particular level seems to cost 4 frags. I wonder what lays over on the Level Boost or Enhance Ability screens. This sort of 3 tiered upgrading system might also explain why we previously saw 2 Star King Mickey to have a fire element, but 3 Star to have that light attack. Perhaps the ability has been enhanced. I imagine that once you've reached max level, whatever "boost" is, and you've enhanced the ability you can then upgrade to the next star? Or hey maybe that's what level boost is, the uncap / raising from one star to the next.

I find it pretty interesting how zoomed in we can play the GPS gameplay. We see in the trailer we can also be pretty zoomed out? I wonder why it lets you alter it so much. Maybe the overhead where you can move quickly across buildings is actually the stay-at-home gameplay since I don't think anyone would be moving IRL that quickly, while the upclose movement is for when you're walking around? It also looks like there is a heartless meter of some kind accompanying the Mickey medal in 2 of these ads. I also wonder how this Medal could conceivably be new considering you get it from the tutorial? Anyway, I wonder if you have to beat a certain amount of heartless in an area to fill the bar and only then can you claim the Piece.

The pin for chests is golden! Neat. There's also a neat look at the background for the Area Map I never spent a moment to really look at. I wonder if the Sun being at the very tip top means it's 12 noon?

So that's a darkside on the map in one the last ads, which I don't think we've actually seen before. There's also a Robed dude above the raid, which matches what we saw in the trailer with a robed man raid boss image near the blacked out Behemoth raid. Looks like there's several lights around the robed figure The buildings directly under the raid are squished into the ground, didn't notice that before and thought raids might only exist in more open areas lol.

Back