• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Adult Swim and Anime

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Case Closed was taken off most likely because Funimation, I believe, stopped dubbing episodes. Adult Swim probably didn't feel like looping the series over and over again since Funimation wasn't going to produce anything new

Case Closed as of now has 12 full seasons of 472 episodes, but Funimation stopped dubbing at season 4 around episode 50. Even if you watch the official Funimation channel, all they do is play the show up until the end of the 4th season and then loop back to episode 1 and start all over again =\

I'd like to see Case Closed on Adult Swim again, but not until Funimation picks the series back up with new episodes, because you can't watch a Case Closed episode a second time unless you completely forget what happens, it's no fun watching the episode and knowing what's going to happen

Wiki says 83 episodes were dubbed. D:

Anyway, I find it funny how it's better than the myriad of Law and Orders.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
According to Wiki, "Only 50 episodes aired in the United States", I think the other episodes were something special for the DVD releases or something, apparently Viz is milking Case Closed in the form of DVD box sets

Also, there are a total of 11 movies, 1 of which was dubbed, so I'd like to see the movies

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
You know. I kinda wouldn't mind seeing Azumanga Daioh on AS. Though I don't know how well it'd translate, since there are side notes* every five seconds on the subs.

*You know. Where they inform us ignorant Americans on the jokes only one who's familiar with Japanese culture would understand.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
You know. I kinda wouldn't mind seeing Azumanga Daioh on AS. Though I don't know how well it'd translate, since there are side notes* every five seconds on the subs.

The problem with Azumanga Daioh is that it's very much a work engrained within Japanese culture. It plays off various aspects of the culture itself. To even "Americanize" the show for US television would most likely completely destroy the show.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
SN, don't be a jackass to the invalids. We laugh at them in the chat, not in the theads :<

The bad thing is that I've already seen so many of those shows. I would tune in for something like Macross though and maybe the GitS OVA if its not edited, though.

I watched Macross when I was like 7, so it'd be cool to see some of it again, for nostalgia's sake. And, since it's Sci-Fi, who leave everything intact aside from F bombs and shit, you shouldn't have to worry about SSS being edited.

~Dorian Gray

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
I watched Macross when I was like 7, so it'd be cool to see some of it again, for nostalgia's sake. And, since it's Sci-Fi, who leave everything intact aside from F bombs and shit, you shouldn't have to worry about SSS being edited.

~Dorian Gray

The whole Robotech series would be nice, but it's huge. At least show the Macross Saga, maybe Robotech Masters as well. Invid..ah, I sorta lost interest at that point.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
SN, don't be a jackass to the invalids. We laugh at them in the chat, not in the theads :<

Slightly mean, but mostly hysterical.

~Dorian Gray

I've only gotten to see Macross Plus and Macross II:Lovers Again on Encore Action, so it'd be nice to see it from the start.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Slightly mean, but mostly hysterical.

Par for the course, really.

I've only gotten to see Macross Plus and Macross II:Lovers Again on Encore Action, so it'd be nice to see it from the start.

Wasn't Macross II that really shitty OVA with the cameraman and the Zentradi girl?

You're not a mod.

And, since it's Sci-Fi, who leave everything intact aside from F bombs and shit, you shouldn't have to worry about SSS being edited.

Really now? Hmm...well, I guess I don't watch enough of the Sci-Fi Channel to know what they can get away with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back