• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Adult Swim and Anime

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

?Templar King?
Website
knightly-gamers.com
What Anime shows would you like to see be put on Adult Swim?

For me it would have to be

1.Yu Yu Hakusho
2.Hellsing
3.Ninja Scroll
4.Mobile Suit Gundam
5.Vandread (had to put a funny one on here)

Didn't know if i should of put this in televison. It had to do with anime so i put it here.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
1.Yu Yu Hakusho

Yu-Yu Hakusho was on Adult Swim. For some reason they thought it would be great if they censored the hell out of it and ran it during the afternoons.

4.Mobile Suit Gundam

Mobile Suit Gundam was also on Adult Swim at one point. They even had 0083 on, too.

Anyway, most of the anime I want to watch would never make it past the censors of American television.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Tenjou Tenge seems like a very Adult Swim series. Hellsing and Vandread will never be there, because Encore had them at one point, and AS doesn't seem to attempt for shows that have aired on other channels (save Family Guy and Futurama). They probably could get away with airing the Hellsing OVAs...they'll need another vampire show to replace Blood+ when it's done. Since they've come to the realization that vampire shows are almost as popular as ninjas and alchemists. >.>

...I think they'd also be likely to air Death Note.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I'd be annoyed if Tenjou Tenge were aired.

.. because you know, the anime sucks. lol ambiguous endings

Avalon

?Templar King?
Website
knightly-gamers.com
Tenjou Tenge seems like a very Adult Swim series. Hellsing and Vandread will never be there, because Encore had them at one point, and AS doesn't seem to attempt for shows that have aired on other channels (save Family Guy and Futurama). They probably could get away with airing the Hellsing OVAs...they'll need another vampire show to replace Blood+ when it's done. Since they've come to the realization that vampire shows are almost as popular as ninjas and alchemists. >.>

...I think they'd also be likely to air Death Note.

Thats why i put Hellsing on the list. They already had Trinity blood and now they have Blood+. I don't know anything about Death Note so i can't say.

Haku

<3
My main choice would have to be Yu Yu Hakusho but there are others that I would like to see on Adult Swim too like Death Note.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
It doesn't matter what you guys think, since it's been proven multiple times that AS hates Animu =D

What you should be asking is, what should Sci-Fi be airing? Their anime block starts pretty soon, after all.

~Dorian Gray

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
It doesn't matter what you guys think, since it's been proven multiple times that AS hates Animu =D

...yet they continue to air it and get more shows.

What you should be asking is, what should Sci-Fi be airing? Their anime block starts pretty soon, after all.

Sci-Fi will probably air something retarded, like Blue Gender or some generic space opera or mecha anime.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
That's partly why. Panty shots. Bloody violence. Horrible ending. It fit's the mold perfectly.

HAHA then they might as well just show Air Gear while there at it. I don't really like the idea of having Tenjoh Tenge on AS it's an ok show but something better could be put on instead also Tenjoh Tenge ending isn't resolved with a movie or an OVA so even more people would just complain about how much it sucked.

Maybe Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu, Jinki:EXTEND, Ergo Proxy, Samurai 7(if it's not still running on the Independent Film Channel),Last Exile that all I can think of right now.

I like the Ninja Scroll idea though.

Sophia Esteed

m e l o d y . e x e
I see Mary Sues...they're everywhere. They don't e
Website
sophiachi.livejournal.com
Elfen Lied and Gantz, maybe? They could keep the violence, find a way past some nude parts, and clean up the language a bit...
Hmm....
- NANA (Shojo anime is needed for TV IMO)
- Shakugan no Shana
- Kannazuki no Miko. TV never gets yuri love...
- Paradise Kiss
- Ceres: Celestial Legend (fits to a T, is shojo but has some action too...okay a LOT for a shojo title, anyway)
- UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie (ecchi for them fanboys)
- Full Moon o Sagashite. It has themes of suicide and dying, and could be a bit mature for primetime...
- Jigoku Shojo
- Haruhi Suzumiya!!!
- Black Lagoon (PERFECT for Adult Swim IMHO)
- Mai Otome. It got liscenced, nuff said. Or Mai Hime...
- Death Note, why not.
- When They Cry: Higurashi. They may have to tone down the violence though...some stuff can be VERY scary...
- Fate/Stay Night. LOTS of ppl will watch AS if this airs.

I think that may be it for now....Chobits or X/1999 TV would be neat too.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Devil May Cry

Of course it's yet to be aired in Japan first. XD (the trailer kicked ass btw)

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
I believe Adult Swim has some sort of deal with Viz, considering they're airing several of their properties. Actually, Cartoon Network as a whole seems to have a deal with Viz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back