• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Additions to the Cast

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Hm, an interesting yet typical anime style. I like your attention to details and the characters' personalities. I think my favorite would be the second one, she seems to just really pop out from the page. Overall your proportions seem to be correct.

As for what I mean by "typical anime style" is it doesn't seem original enough. You've perfected the style, that much is definitely true, but what about trying something different? I think the biggest thing would be the eyes, big eyes made of a curved line and a dot kind of bother me mainly since they're unrealistic. It's possible to have "anime" or "cartoon" eyes without having them be ridiculously big and also make them look possible. I'm mostly reminded of DBZ with the eyes.

Anyways, try branching out and doing different things. You're great where you're at currently, but you won't go farther if you don't try anything different, nor will you ever get the true challenge you'd want/need.

brittlebulletXL

Website
nnyknife777.deviantart.com
Hm, an interesting yet typical anime style. I like your attention to details and the characters' personalities. I think my favorite would be the second one, she seems to just really pop out from the page. Overall your proportions seem to be correct.

As for what I mean by "typical anime style" is it doesn't seem original enough. You've perfected the style, that much is definitely true, but what about trying something different? I think the biggest thing would be the eyes, big eyes made of a curved line and a dot kind of bother me mainly since they're unrealistic. It's possible to have "anime" or "cartoon" eyes without having them be ridiculously big and also make them look possible. I'm mostly reminded of DBZ with the eyes.

Anyways, try branching out and doing different things. You're great where you're at currently, but you won't go farther if you don't try anything different, nor will you ever get the true challenge you'd want/need.

I suppose the reason that is is because I'm a big Mine Yoshizaki fan, and a lot of my style has borrowed attributes from him.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
I suppose the reason that is is because I'm a big Mine Yoshizaki fan, and a lot of my style has borrowed attributes from him.

*shrugs* That's fine, but be careful about it looking too much like that though. I'm assuming Yoshizaki created DBZ? I was never the biggest fan of DBZ art, but personal opinion. You want to develop your own style; try looking at other types of art or styles by not just Japanese artists but other artists. dA is pretty good for that. Usually if I want to see other people's styles I take a browse through dA. I may not use them, but it gives me an idea of what's possible.

brittlebulletXL

Website
nnyknife777.deviantart.com
*shrugs* That's fine, but be careful about it looking too much like that though. I'm assuming Yoshizaki created DBZ? I was never the biggest fan of DBZ art, but personal opinion. You want to develop your own style; try looking at other types of art or styles by not just Japanese artists but other artists. dA is pretty good for that. Usually if I want to see other people's styles I take a browse through dA. I may not use them, but it gives me an idea of what's possible.

Actually, Toriyama is the DBZ man, Yoshizaki does Sgt. Frog. Regardless, that is good advice, I'm glad there are people on here that say more than 'That's cool' or 'Wow, a guy, look how great' and the like... Although complements like that are nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back