• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the combat

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumblescored

Awards
My sanctuary, where fears and lies melt away
While looking at the new trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 I noticed that at times (_) P would appear after hits. It happened after strong attacks or finishers depending on what they are called. Do you think those are a replacement/addition to the tech system for extra exp boost? The "shotlock" ability that seems to be being used could also have something to do with it, maybe a charge for the meter or its leveling the Keyblade?

Speaking of the shotlock I find it strange that the ability was only used in the air and with only one having a score in the corner of the screen (Dance party beams at the tower). Do those attacks share a button with the attractions?

The orange meter seems to tie in with either the costume or the attack being used as well. The glow bug air ninja rushing attack uses FOCUS and the laser light show of bright bruises used EX. Do you think the KHII outfit changes the gauge to focus, or that you manually swap the versions out? Is it the attack type (magic, physical) changing the charge?

Also Angry face mode. What do you think Buzz Lightyears face of rage will look like?

Seighart

Awards
When it comes to points who knows. Not sure why you'd get EXTRA points for doing something so basic. I noticed the Focus to EX thing also, but I can't think of a reason why they'd do that. My only guess is that as the trailer goes one they show off 3 different builds. Perhaps Focus applies to Athletic Flow and EX is for Shoot Flow. So it's Focus for Acrobatics, and EX for Shotlock kinds of moves.

Dumblescored

Awards
When it comes to points who knows. Not sure why you'd get EXTRA points for doing something so basic.
Maybe the points represent the keyblades use. The more you use the keyblade the better the keyblade transformations become, that sort of thing. We already know that the dual blasters change into a spikey cannon of pain so maybe you just need to swing the key enough to get it working?

Dumblescored

Awards
The trailer also showed that Sora can finally use air dash in a numbered title and that aerial dodge is staying. Sora's movement also changes depending if he hits his teammates of if his key is being wielded or unsheathed. I don't know why people are saying the trailers aren't showing much; the trailers are filled to the brim with "new". You just aren't analyzing the trailer enough. The new nobodies don't attack. Why? The water attempted to kidnap Sora. How would this be used in fun ways? Why is Sora in his new outfit in twilight town but the 'mysterious' tower shows him in KH II style? Different game builds or Sora bought a suitcase finally? WHY IS THE FIRE TYPE FEZ PURPLE?
The fezzes were best in KH I.
Stupid fezzes
Always going "Oh look at me I'm a glowing tennis ball now."
"I'm doing a headstand look at me."

KH2Rulz

Awards
Yeah, the trailers were packed with things to analyse. The best video I've seen to sum it up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOM7M8PaRmc

As for the points - I mentioned this before that my hope was that they indicated some kind of Keyblade exp and levelling mechanic, allowing us to use 'weaker' Keyblades even in the endgame, something the handheld titles (with the exception of Re:Coded) failed at.

Dumblescored

Awards
As for the points - I mentioned this before that my hope was that they indicated some kind of Keyblade exp and levelling mechanic, allowing us to use 'weaker' Keyblades even in the endgame, something the handheld titles (with the exception of Re:Coded) failed at.

I do hope the keyblade leveling system from Re:Coded is Re:Fined and a little less "gimmicky" as it was. Maybe the keyblade abilities (still from Re:Coded) are in a tree system so you can choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back