• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A/V/T , K/S/R , and N/R/? theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I was thinking that maybe there is a connection between Aqua/Ventus/Terra (A/V/T), Kairi/Sora/Riku (K/S/R), and Namine/Roxas/??? (N/R/?).

Lol Kurix.

But with all seriousness, no.

There does not have to be a trio for everything in KH.

Keyblade-War

Artist
Awards
Website
www.Codeleakers.com
I was thinking that maybe there is a connection between Aqua/Ventus/Terra (A/V/T), Kairi/Sora/Riku (K/S/R), and Namine/Roxas/??? (N/R/?). Their names according to an interview with a developer have certain meanings. Aqua=water, Kairi=sea... related subjects. Ventus=wind, Sora=sky... related subjects. And finally Terra=earth, and Riku=land... also related.

So therefore they may have a relation. They also share attributes Ventus's being the most obvious in that he looks very much like roxas and sora, Aqua shares the oddly colored hair with Kairi, and also that Terra looks slightly like Riku and very much like Xehanort whom Riku takes the form of near the end of kh2.

Could it be that they are closely related to one another (family member, k/s/r being made in a process somewhat like namine and roxas from a/v/t [least likely in my opinion], insert another theory here). What do you think?
Everything you said is very old dude.

V.A.T.14

The names I think are fun. The literal meaning of em, and how they tie into each other, Riku, Kairi and Sora more so.

Riku - Shore, agony of separation

Sora - Sky, heaven

Kairi - Nautical mile, beaver, separation

The thing that bugs me though is, Kairi's name is supposed to mean 'sea' and the only thing relating to to 'sea' is the nautical mile translation. Though I've heard, Kairi's name written in Kanji is 'sea'.

one prob.

Her name is written in kana. Any you Japanese speaker/readers explain how this works to me?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Their names are written in kana because nomura thought it was a hipster thing to do

"man fuck kanji, katakana is where it's at, yeeeeeeahhhhh i'm so badical"

honestly though idk

V.A.T.14

I know that, but like I said, how is it japanese for 'sea' when it's written in kana which is used for foreign words? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back