• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A thought occurs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azural

I was just reading the thread about someone's disappointment with the Roxas action figure only being shipped with the Kingdom Key, and not the two keyblades he originally dual-wielded, and I remembered fighting Axel in Twilight Town. He specifically makes a big deal out of seeing Roxas with two keyblades.

Why?

Having seen flashbacks of Roxas in the Organization and now screens of him in the DS game with them, we know for sure he -usually- dual-wielded those two keyblades. If anything, seeing him with a single, foreign keyblade should weird Axel out more.

Dis-continuity, anyone?

chainfan

that's true. i never noticed axel being surprised about roxas dual-weilding. with them being best friends he should've known from the first day they met

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Maybe he didn't expect him to gain the Oblivion and Oathkeeper the next time they fought since DiZ had given him the virtual Kingdom Key. Plus, it looks like in the scans for 358/2 Days, Roxas is fighting with the Kingdom Key, so maybe Roxas didn't get the dual blades until later/close to leaving the Organization (they could've also come in the Deep Dive vid, Axel wasn't there).

Dealer_Camel

Maybe, because when Roxas fought him before, he had the Kingdom Key, and he didn't remember Axel at all. So maybe Axel was surprised at the fact that Roxas was sort of starting to be his Organization self again...

Am I making sense?

funnymanhaha1000

I think Axel was suprised Roxas remembered him, and more suprised he got the Oathkeeper and Oblivion back.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Actually in every screen of 358/2 days, Roxas has been using 1 Keyblade, his regular Kingdom Key

Azural

I took another look at the scans, and I've no idea what I was on, but you're right.

I guess this means we can place the time of when Roxas started to dual-wield more accurately, then; some time between his leaving the Organization and his fight with Riku (though thinking about it it would seem these two events must have happened in extremely quick succession).

His developing the ability to dual-wield in Twilight Town probably has something to do with how close Sora was to regaining consciousness, but I guess that only raises further questions about why the hell that is the case.

JacobElysian

Awards
My brain hurts... I mean, can Nomura just make up his freaking mind!? Does Roxas dual-wield or not!? I'm starting to absolutely hate the creators of this confusing game!

shadow_of_light

well, in kh2, roxas does ask (when he's still in twtnw) why the keyblade chose him, so maybe the whole dual-keyblade thing is a symbolism of him and sora (two emotions: light and darkness) getting closer to becoming one again.

weaveman

i think the reason that roxas had oathkeeper and oblivion was because of sora's memories, oathkeeper had kairi's key chain and oblivion had riku's keychain,memories of lost friends

Riku_The_Fallen

i think he was suprised that he could get 2 because he fight axel in the fake "T" town with the one kingdom key. axel, thinking he forgot his memories so much that he for got how to call apon oathkeeper and oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back