• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A question about "Another on your list belongs to me now"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is it?

• Definitely a possessed Terra

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I'm going with a Neo-Xemnas

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
tumblr_mjkqvg8GaL1r5wy3zo1_500.gif

Days is my personal favorite, since it got me into the series in the first place, haha.

Hey, same here.
Is there a Days fanclub already? Maybe we should start one and stop derailing this thread. XD

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I love Days, personally, and think it accomplished a lot more than people sometimes think and I don't think the plot was too crazy or anything, either.

Also, it was a breath of fresh air from the other games to me. Would I want them to slow down and do something similar again? Probably not, but I do think this game has the best characterization and character development out of all of them so far.

Roxas, Axel, and Xion all feel like real, fleshed out characters to me that I should care about (and boy did I, and boy did I have my heart ripped out by the end of it all). They also feel the most balanced out of all the trios to me, as you get to see all three sides of that relationship pretty equally.

...I even kind of went into this game hating Roxas and Axel, and preparing to hate Xion (for dumb RokuNami shipping reasons... boy was I dumb back then), but left it loving each and every one of them, and having Roxas and Xion pretty much become my favorites in the franchise. So that has to count for something about Days, right? I think so, anyway:)

-want to join this possible days fanclub now-

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean seriously what games in this serious can top this amazing back and forth conservation

tumblr_n0jlu7w7331sxrwepo1_500.jpg

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
We're... not the minority? I can't tell if that's sarcasm, because I also can't seem to tell the difference between what's popular and what's not.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
tumblr_mjkqvg8GaL1r5wy3zo1_500.gif

Days is my personal favorite, since it got me into the series in the first place, haha.

That's great! That is a weird game to start with though since its basically in the end, middle, beginning of the plot before re:coded, which didn't need to exist, and DDD, a game I don't have a problem with but probably be better accepted if a certain aspect didn't exist. I like 358/2 a lot days because I think has the best characterization in the entire series. Just as good Dream Drop Distance with Riku, if not better. Granted, that's probably because Roxas, Axel, and Xion are more of the focused of the story and the game goes on much longer then DDD. I can't say much about the gameplay though So I'll reserve a bit because I only watched the movie but I think the story is very good. The only problems I have are is that they give didn't enough time to the Organization members, which at the same time I didn't have a problem with because its focus is at something else that's more important. The other complaint I have is that it went on a bit too long. And the game is suppose to be longer. But, granted, I can handle long games. If I can suffer through Metal Gear Solid 4, then anything is possible.

Of course the biggest complaint I always here of the game is Xion because she feels tack on to the main plot. And is she? Well, probably. It's all subjective but... at least it mattered. (*looking at you re:coded*)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
We're... not the minority? I can't tell if that's sarcasm, because I also can't seem to tell the difference between what's popular and what's not.
You are most definitely not the minority.

That's great! That is a weird game to start with though since its basically in the end, middle, beginning of the plot before all the re:coded, which didn't need to exist
careful where you swing that kettle

It's all subjective but... at least it mattered.
did it tho did it rly

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Eh, I don't like re:coded. I thought it was pointless for the part as far as a story. But much like Days, I only watched the movie so I can't go by gameplay. So I'll reserve judgement for that but as a story... meh lol.
i was making a reference to the old "pot calling the kettle black" saying.
Days also was pointless and didn't need to exist.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I liked it because... well, it was one of my first experiences with KH, and I could really relate to Roxas because we both knew about as much about the events of the other games (absolutely nothing.) As much as everyone likes to rag on the repetitive missions, I enjoyed them while I was at it, and I feel like they established what day-to-day life was like: dull and slow, and the ice cream with friends was basically what Roxas lived for.

I'm not gonna deny that it's flawed in plenty of ways. I just finished going through the manga and I agree with everyone that it was better than the game itself. I guess the flaws just don't bother me as much as they normally do with others. So what if it didn't need to exist? I had a great time with it. Plus it's pretty flexible with headcanons. :D

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Honestly, the trend I see is that most people who hate Days started the series with KH1-CoM-KH2 and most people who loved it started the series with, well, it. Which makes sense because one of the most annoying aspects of Days was how much it retcon previously established facts, over-convoluted previously answered mysteries, etc. Which is all stuff that would largely go unnoticed by someone who started the series with it.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
did it tho did it rly

I kind of thought for how they wrote it, I thought so. She's an influence as to why Roxas is fighting Riku and going off against Xemnas. I never knew why Roxas decided to just go after Xemnas for no reason in KH2. He just up and decided do it and said, "No one would miss me". Can't they make a story out of that? They decided too and make it important. Could they have done something different? Sure but why should they? This is the story they wanted to make. You probably didn't like how they handled it or just something different or nothing at all. I don't know but this is how the story the constructed now. And I liked how they did it. It still has flaws like I said but the positive outwards the negative for me. Because really, the entirety of Re:coded's whole point of existence could've just been a secret movie. But they decided to make a story out of it and add more depth. I have no problem with them doing that. It's a matter of if they do that well to me and I didn't like it and I felt they kept putting themselves corner with that story.

Anagram

Banned
Eh, I don't like re:coded. I thought it was pointless for the most part as far as a story. But like Days, I only watched the movie so I can't go by gameplay. So I'll reserve judgement for that but as a story... meh lol.

The same could be said of Days though. Days only matters now SOLELY because they decided "lol lets bring everyone back and Xion too!".
Before it was just as much filler arc material as anything else.

Coded wasn't needed but it was enjoyable. It's gameplay was funner, it story was not heavy as a handheld side story should be, the dialogue between characters was actually worth sitting through.

Days was just a monotonous string of scenes with Xemnas smirking in his chair, Roxas being an emo wannabe, eating ice cream, and Xion running away.
The gameplay itself hurt it worse with it's repetitiveness.

Also this thread is far off course now. Time to end it before it falls into another Days likers vs haters thread. =u=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back