• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Namine Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

I think he looks 25ish, lol.
I mean, in KH terms. Everyone looks younger than they already do.

Lixg

I am very surprized how this came to be, I mean I have never seen a topic discussing Zexion, Namine, and Xion's connection... Someone better find an explanation for this cause I think this is probably the base for Xion's story....

A

Audo

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

Lixg

I can't really say I agree with the theory of them aging, I mean, they are nobody's after all, from the pic all Namine does is grow taller, that is it, she even wears the same clothes as if they grew with her.....

Lixg

Naminé isn't a nobody at all. She doesn't have a body or a soul, so she's kinda of an odd-ball. most people forget that You cant think of her in the same way that you do the other Nobodies. Xemnas is also in a special class, and he still looks the same.

She is a nobody, she is special alright, she is still a nobody, its says so on Jimminy's report...Hence her being Kairi's nobody not questions there....

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I can't really say I agree with the theory of them aging, I mean, they are nobody's after all, from the pic all Namine does is grow taller, that is it, she even wears the same clothes as if they grew with her.....

Uh, she did more than grow taller, her facial features changed too, became older. She grew about as much as Kairi, Riku, and Sora did in the year between CoM and KH2:

sora.png

kairi.png

Lixg

Uh, she did more than grow taller, her facial features changed too, became older. She grew about as much as Kairi, Riku, and Sora did in the year between CoM and KH2:

sora.png

kairi.png

Put the pic of Namine and you will see that she hasn't aged at all she is just taller....even her colthes are the same....

Lixg

Never mind what I said^^, she did age, I am still confused how since nobody's are just a body soulless...and heartless

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
She is a nobody, she is special alright, she is still a nobody, its says so on Jimminy's report...Hence her being Kairi's nobody not questions there....

And the Secret Ansem Reports, Report 9 states otherwise.

S.A.R #9 said:
In other words, both the Nobody called Namine’ and the Heartless – proof of a lost heart – are extremely unstable beings who lack the bodies needed to produce a Nobody. Therefore, they also lack Kairi’s memories. One reason for this may be that Kairi’s heart did not return to the darkness when separated from her body, but rather migrated to another vessel…deep within Sora’s heart. That is, Namine’ is an alter ego of the Kairi who has directly interfered with Sora’s heart. Could this be why Sora and those whose hearts are connected to him were able to have their memories controlled? She is a non-being in the truest sense of the word; having not become a Nobody and with nowhere left to go, she is but the most fleeting of shadows.

A

Audo

That's what he said when he is talking about her being created the Night of the storm. Which isnt the case.
Later on he goes to say that she is created from Sora's Body and Soul.

Awards
I think Roxas aged. It was just an issue of them using the wrong character renders for one scene (his birth scene) but for the scenes of him in Re:CoM, he looks a bit different. I think Days will put this into a better light. Or, well, i hope it does. xD.

I don't see that as a mistake at all. Clearly from the Days scans, Roxas still has the same character model. And considering that we'll be seeing him over the course of a year, if he changed as he aged, they'd have to gradually reflect that. Which we know they won't. And in any case, we see at the end of Riku's credits how tall Roxas was compared to Axel back then, and he has the same height difference as Sora in KH2.

I know what you mean by how Roxas looks slightly different in Re:CoM. But I think you're looking into it too much. It's really just negligible. Perhaps a choice of the developers, or maybe the camera angle just gives it a different perspective (when he's up on the tower, he looks exactly like the KH2FM model). After all, they slightly modified Where Nothing Gather after Sora's credits, so yeah (it doesn't have a misty atmosphere).

A

Audo

It's a sketchy subject.
And i don't think there is a clear cut yes/no to if they age or not. Since there are all of these factors to consider. =/
I wonder if Days will do the progression though, because, i mean, Nami and Riku so far look exactly like they do in KH2. So, i suppose it depends on when those scenes take place and whether or not they are even going to try and show them aging, or if they will just stick with the KH2 models, hoping no one will notice/care.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
1. Naminé Wasn't trying to destroy Sora. She loved him, and wanted to take Kairi's place in his heart, and was using her power to rearrange his memories.

She was promised freedom if she did as she was told. That and she wanted someone to care about her.

In any case, she didn't REALLY replace Kairi.

There was another girl.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
In any case, she didn't REALLY replace Kairi.

I have taught you well.
Two caps from the Remake to support the notion that it wasn't so much replacement as "out with the old being Kairi, in with the new being Naminé"

sonamieside2.jpg

That doesn't seem to be replacing Kairi to me, so much as adding Naminé in. Later on however, she based herself as Sora's childhood sweetheart, so no one else mattered.

Also, first time he saw Naminé when talking to an image of Kairi about the good luck charm. In the GBA version Naminé appeared where Kairi did, giving us a visual impression that she put herself in Kairi's place.
A thing I love from the Remake :

sonamiside1.jpg

Kairi is still standing in front of Sora, namely in the viewer's spot, yet Naminé isn't there. Heck, she's not even opposite of where Kairi's standing, she's just away from her.
An unrelated party. Just another girl.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
At the beginning maybe, but later on in the game, as Sora's memories were altered, his memories about Kairi were all but gone. It wasn't until Namine prompted Sora into remembering that Sora recalled his feelings for Kairi.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
At the beginning maybe, but later on in the game, as Sora's memories were altered, his memories about Kairi were all but gone. It wasn't until Namine prompted Sora into remembering that Sora recalled his feelings for Kairi.

To be precise, she made him remember Kairi existed, not that he cared. He still cared more about Naminé when Marluxia ordered Nami to wipe Sora's Memories and Sora told her to go along with it.
He'd have lost everything he held dear - for Naminé's sake. some feelings those were for Kairi, huh.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
To be precise, she made him remember Kairi existed, not that he cared. He still cared more about Naminé when Marluxia ordered Nami to wipe Sora's Memories and Sora told her to go along with it.
He'd have lost everything he held dear - for Naminé's sake. some feelings those were for Kairi, huh.
it's a play on Sora's Character. When somebody he considers a friend is in trouble, he doesn't think much of the consequences, he just jumps in and helps them, not thinking of himself.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
it's a play on Sora's Character. When somebody he considers a friend is in trouble, he doesn't think much of the consequences, he just jumps in and helps them, not thinking of himself.

There's a play and there's a play.
When he released his and Kairi's Hearts from his Body, for instance, he never said 'this is for Kairi', nor was it really just for Kairi, seeing how he brought balance to the Keyhole to Darkness in the process.
Also, KH2 - Kairi was effin' being held hostage by the Org, and Riku could've been somewhere off dying. He still told them to wait until he finished saving Hollow Bastion.
In Naminé's case, however, it was far more Sora-Naminé oriented than Sora oriented. It wasn't 'just another important person', it was Naminé who's been declared by Sora as "too special" to whom he promised he'd protect her. He didn't think of himself for Naminé, not for just anyone. And in a way, he sacrificed everyone for Naminé, seeing how he'd obviously still be around her, but forever more not be allowed to remember his past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back