• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Meaning Behind "Unbirth"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Owaz

Some speculate that the Unbirths are creatures without souls. I find that to be false, because there seems to be no correlation between the soul and the heart other than that they are ingredients to life. And since hearts are the essence to Kingdom Hearts, as opposed to souls, it's more plausible that they too are beings that lack something just as the Heartless and Nobodies.

Newsymbollowres.jpg

This fanmade emblem of the Unbirths was already pretty much proven identical to what was captured in a screenshot in another thread I started (http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/111498-unbirth-emblem.html), and if you notice at the center is an emptiness that forms a heart shape. Rather than assume they are devoid of hearts, I think it's much safer to say that their hearts are lacking something themselves. Now, what did we learn in Castle Oblivion? Hearts contain memories. Which leads me to say that the Unbirths are beings without memories. After all, as far as the story goes, hearts didn't start disappearing until after Ansem the Wise's meddling.

"Un" is the prefix meaning reverse.

Reverse Birth

Perhaps the Unbirths were people and animals that had all of their hearts' memories stripped from them, including those of their physical shape by Master Xehanort, leaving what could be described as an emotionless and hollow monster that runs off of instinct. This could be the basis for the Heartless and Nobodies. How could he have accomplished this? I think the answer is fairly obvious: Kingdom Hearts

You all may remember the leaked trailer for Birth by Sleep.

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep TGS 2007 Trailer in ENGLISH

I imagine these events take place after what was seen in the teaser video where Master Xehanort and his apprentice completely defeated the protagonists. Especially with what the translations imply.

"Answer me Xehanort. What have you done to his heart!?"

Totally a reference to Ventus.

"Long time no see."

They've met before.

"Seems that you're losing it. However, you haven't lost it permanently. Now recover everything, and discover the truth!"

Ven's memory no doubt.

"Those that submit to darkness are not qualified to wield the Keyblade."

Guess this means he lost his sword.

"Already that man is a monster infused with darkness."

Xehanort's apprentice?

"Defeat the darkness... Correct my mistake!"

There we go. He admits that he screwed up, and now he wants Terra and the rest to fix this disaster. (Pretty selfish for a geezer.)

"I don't care about becoming a Master. I use this power for my friends!"

But it appears that Terra's got a personal grudge ever since their last battle. He's angry over Ven's lost memories, and isn't likely to help Xehanort any time soon.

"We're friends, therefore I wanted to ask you something."

Wait, what's this?

"Erase me."

Wow. Ven asked Aqua to erase him. And by him, I assume it's his memory. That's gotta be a huge breaker for Terra when he finds out. Oh dang, he hasn't! D: Not even after 10 years and fighting Sora!

I seem to have gotten a tad off track. But as you can see, all of that dialogue indicates events in the game will take place after what was seen here.

YouTube - Full "KH: Birth By Sleep" Trailer

We've heard about the Heart of all Worlds and the Heart of all Men. I'm guessing that big blue Heart in the sky is the Heart of all Memories, and because of Master Xehanort's actions, he brought about the existence of the Unbirths. So who better to manipulate them than the wicked witch Maleficent?

It's been pointed out the Unbirth emblem resembles an M and an X combined. I myself thought it resembled Maleficent's head, but that could just be a coincidence. At any rate, I think there's a good chance I'm right about most of what I've typed.

Feedback and my reponses

Hey OmniChaos, I appreciate that you pointed the flaws out. I had no idea there were that many, but I'll answer them as best I can.

A large part of me doubts this...

Well, I am just giving my own interpretation of what that heart shaped void in the emblem could mean symbolically. Doubtlessly it has something to do with the heart.

Except that does not tie in with the name...

Maybe I didn't explain it good enough. But what I'm getting at is that Unbirths could be beings born without memories. That ties in better, right?

Kinda seems like a stretch... And, like I said, does not tie in with the name...

Nothing to say here.

And how would you explain the enemies being around before he accessed KH...? I'm sure when MX is after the "seven of pure heart," he is planning to open KH...

What enemies? If you're talking about the ginormous thing that turned to dust in the first segment of that video I linked, I think it's fair to say it was an early concept for Birth By Sleep that is no longer considered valid, just like the three missing Keyblades. But I think it's Maleficent who's after the Princesses, not Xehanort. Other than that, I don't really know.

Try more toward the end... That scene, referring to the secret ending, will most likely take place before the final battle...

Can't argue with that.

You failed to read the line before it... Terra says "friend"... Ven and Terra's friendship has already been established, so what is the point in referring Ven as "friend"...? The fact is that there is no reason... Is it impossible that he is referring to Ven...? No... Is it very likely...? Probably not...

I didn't fail, I just didn't think it was necessary to type. However, I can't imagine who else Terra would be talking about aside from Ven.

Or, should Ven be one of these "pure of heart", he may be referring to the purity...

"Recover everything" definitely implies recovering lost memories. I mean that scene depicts Ven having no clue who Xehanort is when he says "As for having met you..."

Submit =/= use of darkness...
Submit = giving into darkness...

I know. I'm just saying that if he submitted to the darkness, maybe he lost his Keyblade. Or he could be warning Terra not to submit to the darkness.

Possibly...

Yeah, not much else to say.

This can actually be used as proof to prove you wrong... "This power" that Terra speaks of most likely refers to the Fatal Mode...

I think the power Terra speaks of is the darkness. But Fatal Mode might be an ability spawned from it.

Or, he could be taking about erasing him in general... Seeing as how he seems to have something MX is after (his heart perhaps), Ven may want to be erased so that MX can never obtain it...

Maybe, but I wonder about the impression it would give if Aqua slaughtered her friend? :p

The dialogue indicates nothing...

If it indicated nothing I would not have wasted time typing all of that and responding to your post. :/

Or, it could still be the regular "Heart of all Worlds" KH...

Maybe.

Yes, but I doubt through the process in which you guess...

Fair enough.

Someone who isn't at best a pawn...?

LMAO!

I don't... Your theory on the unbirths does not even connect to their name... Plus the fact that the Secret Ending is obviously toward the end...

Unbirths = Those born without memories. That's my definition for them.

Anyway, I did my best to respond to your statements. Now I'll move on to others.

O my god this is the best theory about BBS yet! And wait so theyre pretty much sayin that unbirths are zombies

Not zombies. Just kinda like a cross of the characteristics of a Nobody and Heartless.

This is what I think:

General, generic memories reside in the mind like they always do. This explains why The Org has memories of their past life without having a heart.

The truly important memories...the memories that allow someone to never ever forget their friends and things important to them, those reside in the heart. It's like remembering the people you love with your heart.

That's what I think, anyway.

I think you're right. :3

Who ever said Xehanort was begging TERRA for help??...

No one.

*claps*

I like the idea of the blue heart in the sky to be the heart of all memories, also the idea of Ven wanting to be turned into an Unbirth.

Well, I wasn't implying that Ven wants to become an Unbirth himself. He probably just has important information or even painful memories that he wants to be rid of.

Phew... Finished.

Last edited:

SleepyHeart

LOL... I have to agree with King_of_spades .. with juss "wow" ... ur theory about memories might be right becuz it might explain xehanort appearing in radient gardens with no memories.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
And since hearts are the essence to Kingdom Hearts, as opposed to souls, it's more plausible that they too are beings that lack something just as the Heartless and Nobodies.

A large part of me doubts this...

Rather than assume they are devoid of hearts, I think it's much safer to say that their hearts are lacking something themselves. Now, what did we learn in Castle Oblivion? Hearts contain memories. Which leads me to say that the Unbirths are beings without memories.

Except that does not tie in with the name...

Perhaps the Unbirths were people and animals that had all of their hearts' memories stripped from them, including those of their physical shape by Master Xehanort, leaving what could be described as an emotionless and hollow monster that runs off of instinct. This could be the basis for the Heartless and Nobodies.

Kinda seems like a stretch... And, like I said, does not tie in with the name...

How could he have accomplished this? I think the answer is fairly obvious: Kingdom Hearts

And how would you explain the enemies being around before he accessed KH...? I'm sure when MX is after the "seven of pure heart," he is planning to open KH...

You all may remember the leaked trailer for Birth by Sleep.

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep TGS 2007 Trailer in ENGLISH

I imagine these events take place after what was seen in the teaser video where Master Xehanort and his apprentice completely defeated the protagonists. Especially with what the translations imply.

Try more toward the end... That scene, referring to the secret ending, will most likely take place before the final battle...

"Answer me Xehanort. What have you done to his heart!?"

Totally a reference to Ventus.

You failed to read the line before it... Terra says "friend"... Ven and Terra's friendship has already been established, so what is the point in referring Ven as "friend"...? The fact is that there is no reason... Is it impossible that he is referring to Ven...? No... Is it very likely...? Probably not...

"Seems that you're losing it. However, you haven't lost it permanently. Now recover everything, and discover the truth!"

Ven's memory no doubt.

Or, should Ven be one of these "pure of heart", he may be referring to the purity...

"Those that submit to darkness are not qualified to wield the Keyblade."

Guess this means he lost his sword.

Submit =/= use of darkness...
Submit = giving into darkness...

"Already that man is a monster infused with darkness."

Xehanort's apprentice?

Possibly...

"I don't care about becoming a Master. I use this power for my friends!"

But it appears that Terra's got a personal grudge ever since their last battle. He's angry over Ven's lost memories, and isn't likely to help Xehanort any time soon.

This can actually be used as proof to prove you wrong... "This power" that Terra speaks of most likely refers to the Fatal Mode...

"We're friends, therefore I wanted to ask you something."

"Erase me."

Wow. Ven asked Aqua to erase him. And by him, I assume it's his memory. That's gotta be a huge breaker for Terra when he finds out. Oh dang, he hasn't! D: Not even after 10 years and fighting Sora!

Or, he could be taking about erasing him in general... Seeing as how he seems to have something MX is after (his heart perhaps), Ven may want to be erased so that MX can never obtain it...

I seem to have gotten a tad off track. But as you can see, all of that dialogue indicates events in the game will take place after what was seen here.

YouTube - Full "KH: Birth By Sleep" Trailer

The dialogue indicates nothing...

We've heard about the Heart of all Worlds and the Heart of all Men. I'm guessing that big blue Heart in the sky is the Heart of all Memories,

Or, it could still be the regular "Heart of all Worlds" KH...

and because of Master Xehanort's actions, he brought about the existence of the Unbirths.

Yes, but I doubt through the process in which you guess...

So who better to manipulate them than the wicked witch Maleficent?

Someone who isn't at best a pawn...?

At any rate, I think there's a good chance I'm right about most of what I've typed.

I don't... Your theory on the unbirths does not even connect to their name... Plus the fact that the Secret Ending is obviously toward the end...

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Also it's been speculated that without a soul the being is defined as dead. (well that applies to real life if you're religious)

VenRoxas

Namine still has her memories so she's not an unbirth but she has the power to strip memories off of people like she did with the Riku Replica. He couldn't turn into one because his heart is artificial! This makes so much sense! But how did the Unbirths disappear???

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Hmm... so in Com, Naminè could've turnes Sora into an Unbirth?

No... She would have only turned him into a puppet for Marluxia...

Like I said, there is nothing that ties the loss of memory with the name Unbirth...

Namine still has her memories so she's not an unbirth but she has the power to strip memories off of people like she did with the Riku Replica. He couldn't turn into one because his heart is artificial! This makes so much sense! But how did the Unbirths disappear???

No, she didn't... Kairi held onto the memories, meaning Namine did not...
As for RR, he is a clone... He had no memories to begin with... Also, RR is still technically a real person, even if he is just a clone...

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
O my god this is the best theory about BBS yet! And wait so theyre pretty much sayin that unbirths are zombies:confused:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I can answer that so say that kingdom hearts was closed up after BBS then the unbirths got there memories back and they dissapered and they became heartless cuz they had to give somthing up to get the memories back but they lost both again any way just to answer Ven question

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I can answer that so say that kingdom hearts was closed up after BBS then the unbirths got there memories back and they dissapered and they became heartless cuz they had to give somthing up to get the memories back but they lost both again any way just to answer Ven question

Xehanort created the heartless, so no...
Also, don't double post... Use the edit button...

~XIV_Blade~

Ven's memory no doubt.

What if it isn't his memory and it is his heart he is losing? Maybe the light within his heart? Because of that line Terra asks MX, "Answer me Xehanort. What have you done to his heart!?". I believe, in my opinion, Ventus is losing his heart not his memories. Then again, I may be wrong...

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
If Ven lost his memories, and he's being told to reclaim them in order to find the truth. I guess that would mean he knows (or at least knew) something that's crucial to the plot.

roxas_strife2

If you are to consider this theory. I would have considered where the memories reside first off. Do they lie in the heart, the soul, or the body? We have no idea yet really, but the nobodies that didn't retain their human forms lost all their memories and they had the body and soul part. Sora still had his memories even when he was just a heart. The Nobodies that have their memories have human form even. I wonder if the reason they regain their forms has something to do with the POH. Sora didn't regain his heart until he had been touched by Kairi(one of the POH). Maybe memories have something to do with light or darkness even.

Cissy

Bronze Member
This is what I think:

General, generic memories reside in the mind like they always do. This explains why The Org has memories of their past life without having a heart.

The truly important memories...the memories that allow someone to never ever forget their friends and things important to them, those reside in the heart. It's like remembering the people you love with your heart.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
This is what I think:

I agree. They probably knew that fact in CO, and figured they could use that to their advantage by tricking Sora into thinking that's what's going on.

roxas_strife2

We'll just have to wait I guess. Another residence I would like to learn about is where magic comes from. I think it's the soul. You know how when you are playing in the Underworld in KH2 and those wisps appear and you strike them and they drop bubbles. Nobodies primarily drop those bubbles as well. I wonder if it's a tactical thing they place that implies you need magic or something more. I thinking that Magic is involved with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back