• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► A Love Gone, but Never Forgotten

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Weeks had passed and Emma was getting used to the job of taking care of others. She talked to Dwain more now and she was starting a friendship/ They would talk sometimes at the table whenever the others left. She was quite taken with him and wanted so much more. She didn't know if he had a girlfriend of even a fiance. He never talked about someone of interest so she was hoping she could be what he was looking for. She decided she would confide in Ava, who was a close friend even though Ava had never told Emma about Lucas. Emma went upstairs, Ava was sitting on her bed writing a letter. "Hi Ava, am I interrupting?", "No of course not sweetie. Come on in." Ava placed her letter aside. "What's on your mind?", Ava smiled at Emma. "Well I have a crush I guess you could say.", Emma found it hard to tell even Ava. "Well tell me who.", Ava said smiling. Emma walked over and sat down beside Ava. "Well you know him.", she said kind of shy. "Oh really.", Ava leaned back and smiled. "I like Dwain. I know he's older than me but he's very handsome and he's really nice.", she could feel her face getting redder. "Oh.....yeah Dwain is very handsome. He's very nice. At least you picked a good one.", she gave a little giggle. Ava felt her heart drop, she had seen Dwain and Emma, and had seen how close they were getting to each other. "Yeah..thanks for listening. I am glad to get this off my chest. I know I can trust you.", Emma smiled with relief. "Oh it's no problem, that's what I'm here for.", she smiled. Emma said goodbye and went downstairs.

The days went by and Ava kept herself busy around the hospital. She wrote home to check on Luke now and then and kept up with her patients. Ava was walking towards the door but stopped, Emma and Dwain were standing outside talking. She noticed they were a little close. They laughed and were having a good old time. Ava took a deep breath and moved from the door. Later that day she was cleaning the equipment, "Hi Ava.", she turned to see Dwain standing behind her. She looked at him, He is handsome. She noticed how handsome he was since Emma confided in her. "Hi Dwain."

NYC16

Unforgetable
I am leaving where I left off.

" HOw are you?", Dwain said smiling at her. "Oh I'm fine. You?", she said. "Oh you know the same." She smiled at him, "So anything new?", she asked trying to be casuall about Emma. "Not much of anything. I might be going to England.", "Wow, that's amazing.", Ava said with a bright smile. "So Emma seems to be a nice girl.", Ava said, "Yes she is. I was thinking of asking her if she wanted to go visit England. I have been there once and she is young and hasn't seen much outside of the US.", Dwain said making conversation."Oh, that's nice of you, to ask her. I'm sure she'll love that.", Ava was faking a smile now. She didn't know why she felt so jealous. She kicked herself for feeling this way. Ava had had her chance to get Dwain but she gave him up. So she needed to deal with the relationship Dwain and Emma were starting. "Well I am going to go fetch more towels.", Ava excused herself. "Bye.", she said with a quick smile. Dwain stood there confused.

Dinner was alive with chatter. Other nurses and volunteers were eating with them now, and it brought much more conversation to the table. Ava talked with Frannie while Dwain and Emma couldn't get enough of each other. Ava couldn't help herself from glancing over at the two with remorse. She hated the way she was feeling and didn't know why. She swore up and down that she didn't have any feelings for Dwain, she knew better. Plus with Emma's feelings envolved, she couldn't do that to a friend. Even if Ava was interested in Dwain she couldn't pursue him now. Again she looked away and tried to concentrate on Frannie. Dwain looked over at Ava talking to Frannie, Ava was laughing, and how beautiful she was. He wanted her to laugh with him, but he knew better. Ava had been keeping a distance lately and he wasn't sure why. "DWain.", he heard Emma say his name, "Yes?", he said coming back to reality. "YOu seemed like you left.", Emma smiled, she too was very pretty. There were so many differences between she and Ava. Emma had light hair and was so bubbly. She was younger and had so many ideas. While on the other hand Ava was calm and cool, and had dark brown hair, which was so comforting. Ava was more mature, and was down to earth. He liked spending time with Emma because she was fun and full of excitement. Emma was his dream girl as long as he could remember, but he was drawn to Ava so deeply.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Dwain saw Ava outside cleaning some sheets, he was headed out there but Emma came up, "Hey Dwain.", she said with a smile. "Hi Emma, you look pretty today.",Dwain said giving her a smile. "Thank you.", she said like a giddy school girl. "Hey do you want to take a walk?", he asked. "Of course I would.", she said following him out the door. Ava saw them walk by but quickly turned away to her job. She glanced at them as they walked together down the path.

"So what do you think about traveling?", Dwain said slyly. "Oh I would love to travel, I haven't unless you count here.", she said with a laugh. "Well I am planning on going on a two week trip to England.", He said. "Oh England, that sounds lovely.", Emma said with a bright smile. "Well since you sound so excited, how do you feel about going with me?", he asked looking at her. "Dwain are you serious?", she said astonished. "Yes.", he smiled. "OH I would love to.", Emma jumped up and hugged Dwain. He embraced her hug, and he could smell the rose water she had on her neck. For a moment he forgot about Ava, and he thought that maybe Emma could be who he wanted.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava was out in town with some of the other nurses. They needed to pick up some things for the hospital. Ava was in a daze, not much affected her lately. She closed her self off from feelings once again. She knew that everything she ever wanted seemed to be taken from her. She didn't hate Emma, she knew that Emma couldn't help who she fell for. It was life, and it started to harden the once happy heart that Ava had. Frannie and some of the others were really chatting as they walked. Ava just kind of looked around here and there. She felt someone tap her arm, she turned to see those familiar pale blue eyes looking down to her. She was so suprised to see them again. It was the officer that had showed her that not all was wrong in the world. "Hello.", he said, she was very happy to hear his English. It was more fluent than she thought. "Hello. Private.", she said with a smile. "It is so nice to see you again Miss Sullivan.", he had a beautiful smile that she couldn't help but notice. "How is your son?", he asked with perfect English. "He is fine.", she couldn't help from smiling. All of the other nurses had turned to look for Ava and saw her talking to a German officer. They were all confused by the pleasant greeting the two were having. Ava and he spoke for a while, laughing and having a pleasant talk. "Where will you be now?", he asked Ava. She told him, "At the Hopkins Hospital." "Oh that's close by.", he said. "Yes it is.", she smiled. "Maybe I can meet you sometime.", he said with those big pale eyes. Something inside them hypomotized her. "Yes of course." "I will write you then.", he said with a grin."Okay I 'd love that." "Well good seeing you MIss Sullivan.", he said. "Yes Goodbye.", she said smiling in return. He tilted his head and walked away. She had to look back at him as he passed. He was so captivating, she didn't know why. Maybe it was the situation and how it was such a forbidden situation. Frannie walked over to her, "Ava are you out of your mind?", she shook Ava's arm. "I'm coming.", Ava said. They started to walk back to the hospital.

At dinner Ava was thinking of the handsome German officer she had ran into again. She never thought that she would be like this. Everyone seemed to be talking and going on with their meals, except for Dwain. He was looking at her wondering what was on her mind. Ava saw him looking at her and glanced at him. "Ava you seem to be out there.", he said with a grin. "Oh I'm sorry.", Ava said composing herself. Emma looked over at Ava, "So anything interesting happen in town. I heard some of the German Army was in the area.", she said wondering if she had seen any armies that might be coming this way."Oh nothing, I didn't see any officers.", she said. "Oh that is good.", Emma said not noticing the look on Ava's face. "Excuse me.", AVa said getting up from the table.

Dwain watched as she left the room. He didn't know what was going on. "Frannie, is Ava alright?" " Umm..yes she is. She's just tired.", Frannie lied. "Oh.", Dwain said. "Excuse me.", he too got up from the table. Dwain found Ava in the kitchen cleaning some dishes. "Ava are you alright?", he asked hoping she would tell him what was on her mind. "Oh of course I am. Why?", AVa asked with a smile. " YOu seem to have something on your mind tonight. That's all.", Dwain said coming closer to her. "That's sweet of you worrying about me, but I assure you I am alright.", Ava could look in his eyes and see things she didn't want to. "Emma is waiting you should probably go.", Ava said turning away. "Yeah I should.", he said leaving the room.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava noticed how much closer Emma and Dwain were getting. Something inside still hit her heart when she would see them close together. When moments would get like that she would leave and go outside for some air. The mail had just arrived, Emma was at the desk seperating the mail for the patients and the staff. "Ava you have a letter.", Emma said with a smile. "Thanks.", she said returning a smile. Ava looked at the handwriting and felt a chill, she knew who it was from. "Ava who's it from?", Emma said. "Oh just an old friend.", Ava said looking back to Emma. "I'm going out for a liitle while.", Ava took the letter and walked outside. She opened it slowly, and pulled out the letter.

"Dearest Miss Sullivan,

I am happy we met again on a wonderful day. I want to apologize for the things that happened to you while you were in my care. I will never be able to express my sadness and guilt that I feel. I should have let you go a long time ago. I am happy you had your child with the ones you love. I am sorry we didn't get to talk very long the other day, there are so many things I wanted to say, but did not have the time nor the words to express what I longed for you to know. I hope we will see one another soon, for I am in the area for awhile. If you have the thought and the time, I would like you to write me. I would like to meet you again somewhere. Please accept my apologies.

Sincerely yours,
Private Paul Knopf"

Ava's heart pounded while she read his words, she knew it was not a good idea, but her heart was leading her into something she couldn't resist. She folded the letter and tucked it into her dress. What was she going to do with the feelings she felt for Dwain? She couldn't have him, Emma was the one of his heart now. She had to push the idea of happiness with Dwain out of her mind. She would write Paul back and meet him, she had to keep it from Frannie and all the others. For once she wasn't going to stop herself from what she felt.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava had written back to Paul and they agreed to meet, it was getting late and dinner was over. Other nurses headed to their shift while others headed off to their rooms. Ava waited until Frannie had gone to bed and she ws sure that no one else was going to be around. It was dark by the time she diecided to leave the hospital. He said he would be waiting for her near the old abandoned rail road. Ava walked quickly so no one would see her leaving. She felt nervous at the thought of sneaking around thinking that someone would end up catching her. There he was waiting in his dark coat. She never realized how of a blond his hair was. The moon was out and she could see him clearly. As soon as he saw her coming he got excited and walked over to. "I was wondering if you were going to show up.", he said with a grin. "I was beginning to too.", she laughed. She ws trying to catch her breath. "Paul, I feel strange about sneaking out like this.", she said feeling the butterflies in her stomach begin to turn. "Miss Sullivan I don't want you to feel uncomfortable here.", he said trying to reassure her it was okay. "Please call me Ava.", "Alright.", he smiled. "it's just this is not me, I never snuck out even when I was a teenager.", she laughed. "I always left, and I was a teenager with good grades.", he laughed along with her. They sat there for the longest time just catching up. "Ava will you meet me again, here?", Paul asked. Ava thought about it for a moment. "Yes, we will make it a week from tonight. Alright?" , she said looking up to him. "Alright.", he said with a small grin. "Good night Ava.", he said looking at her with the eyes she had seen so many times in other men. "Goodnight." At that they went their seperate ways.

**Oathkeeper**

*Gasp* Ava and Paul?! I thought that you would put Dwain and ava together! I like the pairing! Sorry if I haven't reviewed lately, my teachers really piled on the homework! Anyways I can't wait for the next chapter!

NYC16

Unforgetable
Well have to put the twists somewhere...haha...don't worry it will get really interesting later on, if you thought that was crazy well then all kind of things will suprise you then. haha.

Ava tried to keep up with things around the hospital and tried to keep her mind off that night. There was something about Paul, she didn't know why she found herself falling for him. Deep down though Dwain was in her mind, she always tried to kick him out of her thoughts, but it was useless. Emma and Dwain were already making plans for their trip to England. They were outside talking, Ava had to go out there even though she hated the thought. Ava walked out hoping they wouldn't notice, "Ava.", Dwain said getting up. "Oh hi Dwain.", she said forcing a smile on her face. "We were talking about England.", he said. It irritated her that he would tell her that, it wasn't of her concern. "Oh that's wonderful. I hope you two have a lovely time.", Ava turned to walk away. "Ava, don't you want to sit and talk?", Emma said with a smile. "Yes why don't you come sit with us?", Dwain looked at her with hopeful eyes. "I don't know, I have a lot of things to get done.", she told them, she wasn't lying so it was a good excuse. "Oh please Ava..", Emma said. "Sorry I have to go. Be sure to stop by and say see me before you leave.", she wanted to run. "Alright.", Emma smiled, she was oblivious to the situation. Dwain opened his mouth to say something. "Emma, Dwain, goodbye, I will see you around.", with that she left.

NYC16

Unforgetable
The time had come for Dwain and Emma to leave. Ava was kicking herself, she felt kind of sad that he was leaving, but she quickly turned her thoughts. Ava was outside folding some sheets and she could hear the laughter inside. She felt envious but didn't know why, was it because it was Emma that he would hold in his arms? She tried to ignore that happiness from inside. Emma walked out, "Ava, I'm going to miss you!", she said so excited. "Have a nice time dear.", she said. The two embraced for a moment. Soon Dwain had come outside too. "Well I will go inside, bye Ava.", Emma smiled. Ava smiled back at Emma as she started to leave. Dwain walked up to Ava, "So...I guess it's goodbye.", he said looking sad. "Yeah I guess so.", Ava said looking away. "Ava I don't want to leave with a gap between us...", he looked at her. "Of course not. Don't worry we're okay.", she said looking at his green eyes. "Ava.....I have so much to say...", he was going to say he loved her, but Ava hushed him. "No need to...", Ava placed her finger on his lips. In that moment time stopped, both of them yearned to kiss each other. They brought their heads closer together, "You should go...Emma's waiting..", Ava looked up at him. Dwain nodded and looked down. Soon Emma walked out, "Dwain are you ready?", she asked chipperly. "Yeah I will be in.", Emma went inside and he looked at Ava again. "Write me and let me know about Big Ben.", Ava smiled.Dwain laughed. "I will." They looked at each other for a moment. "Don't forget me.", Ava said looking at Dwain. He looked at her brown eyes, "I could never forget you. ", he stroked her cheek with his finger. "Take care.", "I will.", she replied. They walked out the main doors and looked at the car. They walked down the steps where everyone was. Everyone hugged Dwain and Emma and wished them luck. Dwain looked at Ava over the crowd of friendly faces. He walked over to her and hugged her. She didn't want him to let go, but said bye. He smiled at her and turned. She watched as he got into the car and it rode away.

Ava was depressed about Dwain's leaving, but soon found other joys in life. Her mother sent photos of Luke and the family. Ava would find her self laughing at those family memories that she didn't get to be part of. She recieved another letter from Paul, she read it and they were going to meet tomorrow night. Ava ate her dinner and was cleaning trying to keep her mind off Paul and Dwain. While she was washing the dishes Lucas' face came to her mind. He was laughing, she stopped to take in the sight of him. She missed him terribly. It had been so long ago since she had seen his face. She felt guilty about her thoughts of Dwain and Paul. She hated it, but Lucas still held the key to her heart. She knew that she would never fully let go of him. He would always be there in her mind and in her heart.

**Oathkeeper**

Awww Dwain still loves Ava! *sigh* why did he go with Emma? Im excited to find out what happens when Paul and Ava meet again so update soo please!

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava again waited until the others went to sleep before she left. She closed the door behind her and headed into the dark. The moon was her guide, she could see perfectly as she walked through the trees. There was Paul leaing up against one of the trees. He was wearing a dark brown jacket and black slacks. She was stunned at how nice he looked. When he heard her he turned his head. She smiled as she came closer, he got off the tree and walked towards her. "Hello.", he said with a smile. "Hello.", she returned the smile. The walked over to the tree, and sat down. They talked a bit about different things, and would laugh. "I hate what I have to do. I wish I could turn things around.", Paul said, they were talking about the war now. "You don't have to hate yourself, we do stupid things sometimes.", she said as she touched his arm. "Yes I guess so.", he said giving a small smile. They looked at each other for a moment. "You have beautiful eyes Ava.", he said gazing at her. She couldn't help but blush. The last person to tell her that was Lucas. She simply smiled. "Thank you." They got up and started down the path. "Wait, When will I see you again?", Paul asked. "I don't know, wirte me when you can.", Ava smiled. The moon was glowing on them. Paul looked down at her and touched her face. He leaned down and kissed her lips. A chill went down her, she closed her eyes and took the moment in. He lifted his head and smiled at her. She opened her eyes and looked at him. "Goodnight Ava.", he said, "Goodnight Paul.", they hugged one last time and parted their ways, her back to her work, him back to his life.

I will post more later!!!! Loads of fun!!! Haha.

NYC16

Unforgetable
I know long time no post. haha.

Ava steadily looked at the letter from her mother. Lucas' parents wanted to take Luke with them for the summer. Ava knew that they were good people but couldn't bring herself to say yes. Her mother wanted to say yes to them but her father told her mother to ask Ava's permission. Ava loved her mother but didn't understand why her mother always tried to run her life. It kind of bothered her that her mother was willing to give permission to them to take her son with them. Ava read the letter one more time and decided what to say. She told her mother it was okay but didn't want Luke gone for too long. Ava finished her letter and put it in the envelope , she signed the letter with her parents' address and her own. She looked over at Lucas' picture on the table by her bed. She sighed feeling confused and alone. She wished she wasn't alone and wanted his guidance in these sort of things. She then looked over at Luke's happy picture. He turned out to be the best thing that happened to her. She couldn't help but smile when she saw his face.He was beautiful and looked like his father. Ava came back to work and finished some things up in her room. She then remembered that Paul's letters were by her bed. He wrote to her again and hoped to meet again in a few weeks. He had to go out of town but would try to return as soon as he could. She wrote him hoping he would get it before he left but didn't know for sure. She couldnt help but wonder how Dwain was doing in England. Was he in love with Emma? What would happen to his feelings for her? All of these thoughts ran through her mind and she was powerless to stop them. She shook her head trying to forget the feelings that she had for him. She was stuck between two men, one of them was a good friend, the other was supposed to be her enemy. She knew it wasn't a good idea to get with Paul, but there was something attracting her to him. She needed to get out of the room and go downstairs. She needed something else to alter her thoughts, so she slid the letters under her mattress and headed downstairs.

Ava saw Frannie downstairs talking to one of the doctors. Ava waited until Frannie was done talking before she was going to go over and talk to her. "Hi Frannie.", Ava said with a smile. "Hello Ava.", Frannie said briskly. "Is there something wrong?", Frannie asked. "No of course not.", Ava replied. "I was just wondering if you had heard anything from Dwain or Emma?', Frannie looked at her, "No but I'm sure he will write you as soon as he can.", Frannie laughed. Ava shook her head with a grin and walked out of the room, she could still hear Frannie's laugh in the room. Ava sat by one of the wounded soldiers' beds. He finally asleep now and she was tired. She had been up all night with him trying to stop the bleeding and keep his fever down. He was tense and nervous all the time. He reminded her of Lucas , the man she couldn't forget but had to let go of. She listened to the man's weezing and watched as he trembled with every breath. She felt sad for him because he had to suffer. When she was sure it was okay to leave him, she got up from her chair. She went over to the window, there was no moon tonight, only the shadow of the night falling around. She wondered where Paul might be, and what Dwain might be doing. She didnt' know what she wanted, all she knew is that she wanted to be free.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava waited for anything. A letter from Paul or even one from Dwain. She had no idea what she should do. Her heart told her two different things and she couldn't decide what she wanted. She waited everyday for the mail, anything to keep her sane. She hated that she waited like a child on Christmas morning. Ava kept up with her patients and thougt about other things to pass the time. Ava was working with a patient when Frannie walked over to her with an envelope. "This came in the mail today.", Frannie said with a smile. Ava looked at the name and smiled. Frannie smiled again and walked away. Ava finished what she had been doing and went outside to read it. It was from Dwain. She sat down and opened it.

Dearest Ava,

I haven't been able to write lately, there have been so many exciting things going on. We have seen so many things here in London. Emma is overly excited and loves the adventure. I have seen it before but I still find my self being captivated by it's beauty. It hasn't rained much here, so the sun has been lovely. I hope all is well there. I'm sure you're still on the go taking care of everyone. That's the amazing thing about you, you are always taking care others in need. How I miss you. As I know you are still strong and continue with everyday. Emma says hi and sends you her best. Ava, I am very happy here, and Emma has been wonderful company, but I think about you and wonder what good things have been happening to you. I must go but I will write you again.

Take care always,
Dwain

Ava folded up the letter and put it back in the envelope. She smiled at hearing those words in her head. She walked back inside and went back to work.

Sorry for the long pause, I've been busy.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava waited day by day for a letter to come from Dwain again, she wrote him back telling him how she was doing and all that was going on in the hospital. She finally recieved another letter from Paul, he was coming back soon and wanted to meet again. Her heart pounded at the thought, going into the unknown again. She felt like she was keeping her whole life a secret to the world. She knew she should tell Frannie but didn't want to take the risk and ruin all she had. She wrote Paul back but quickly put everything away. She heard Frannie coming up the stairs, "Ava, you have someone special on the phone for you.", "Alright I will be down.", Ava placed the pen on the table and headed downstairs. She picked up the phone and heard a gurgle on the other end, she couldn't help but smile. "Hi sweetie, it's mommy.", she heard a giggle and listened as her son chattered away in his own language. "Really?", she would say here and there. "Bye hunny, I love you.", she said hearing her father in the background. He gurgled again and then her father was on the line. "Hi Ava. How are you?", she missed hearing his voice. Her father was her hero and she missed their talks. "Hi Dad, I'm doing alright, I've got my work cut out for me.", she laughed. They talked for a little while catching up on the news. Her mother and brother were doing the same as always busy here and there. Her dad was babysitting for the day and wanted to call her without her mother. "Please take care of yourself.", he said with a plead in his voice. "I always do Dad, you take care too. I love you. Bye.", "I love you too hunny, bye."

Ava snuck out once again to meet Paul, it was harder today because it was like Frannie was everywhere that she went. She followed the path into the woods like she always did. They met halfway and he hugged her. "I missed you so much.", he said looking at her. "I've missed you too.", she looked up at his crystal eyes. He was her escape, she felt like the world stopped. He was taking her to the unknown, and she was willing to accept it. They talked of how everything was going. "Ava, when this war is over...", he didn't finish but instead looked at her. "What?", she asked confused by his abrupt ending. "Will you come with me, and we can be together?", his eyes looked sad and almost pleaded. Ava didn't know what to say, should she tell him no, or should she accept...... She didn't know what she truly wanted. She felt as if it was a dream and her mind was playing tricks on her. But it wasn't, it would be so much easier. He looked at her steadily, not moving his eyes from her. She knew she would be treated right by him, but for some reason she was being held back. "Paul, I care about you very deeply, and I know we would be happy together, but I have a family in America, my son is there. I can't just turn back from them and stay here.", she could feel the pain her words had, she knew it was like a daggar stabbing him to shreds. He looked down at the ground, thinking. "I'm sorry.", she said. "I know you have a son and a family, and I wouldn't want you to be seperated from them. We could find a way, I could come to America and get a job in a factory somewhere.", he continued to look down. "Paul....how would it work? YOu're part of the German Army....How could we ever be happy together, when the world would hate us?", she tried to make reason. "Ava I would do anything for you, even if it meant giving up my name, even my life.", he said looking up at her now. Their eyes met and she truly thought about accepting. "Ava I love you.", he said holding her hand. Ava's heart was pounding, and she gulped with confusion. All at once a war was being fought inside her head and her heart was running around trying to find the truth. Before she could find an answer, he kissed her, placing his hand on her cheek. Everything disappeared for a brief second. So many things were in the way. He moved away from her face. "It's getting late, you don't have to answer right now. I will wait..I promise. Goodnight Ava." He walked away into the moon light. She got her senses back and walked away.

The next morning Ava couldn't function, her thoughts were filled with what if's. She wanted to be happy, but didn't know where that was, was it with Paul? She didn't have an answer. Then Dwain came to her mind. She knew that Dwain and Emma were growing closer and no doubt falling in love. She shook the thought from her head. Another letter had come, it was from Dwain. She was startled at her last thought and now looked at the letter that had come from him. She opened it and inhaled.

Ava,

You are the first to know this, you are my closest friend. You should be the first to know, I proposed to Emma today, and she accepted. I feel she is the one for me, and I should make a life for myself. Emma is wonderful. I wish I could feel a little less happy for once. It has been like a wonderful dream and it hasn't ended for me. I am ready to move on with my life and help others out there farther than I can imagine. I am going to stay in England but I do plan to come back one day to see you and all the other familiar faces. Ava, I thank you for being my friend. I will never forget the day you told me that I would find someone that would truly love me, and that I would be happy. Thank you again. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Take care,
Dwain.

Ava held the letter, her heart broke as the words he wrote filled her mind. Dwain was part of the reason she never answered Paul. She had hope that Dwain and she could be together. She regreted not telling him her feelings when she had a chance. Tears fell down her face, he was gone forever to her. The ache in her throat grew and the tears fell heavily now. She was outside when she read the letter. Now rain fell on her as the letters he wrote began to smear. Ava dropped to her knees and cried holding the letter, and as she cried raindrops fell around her.

Last edited:

dark invader

I still love your style of writing, and this story has progessed very well. I like where it is going, and I think it involves a wonderful storyline! All of the characters are so life-like, and you can paint a picture with some of the scenes that you've written, especially the last one. I feel soo bad for Ava, but I know she will eventually find true love, as in most stories. Keep up the awesome writing!!

NYC16

Unforgetable
Thanks! I appreciate it, it's nice to know that it's getting better.

Not a single day felt different anymore, everything just seemed to be the same. Her life never changed. A month had gone by since she recieved the letter from Dwain. She didn't know what to do or say in the letter she sent back, so she didn't. She asked Frannie to write a letter and let him know that she had recieved his letter and to tell him congratulations. She continued to sneak out and see Paul, but there were so many different feelings involved now. The man she wanted to give her heart to no longer wanted her, and there was someone wanting her love and she didn't know how to give it. Paul never asked her again about being together, she figured he was giving her time. She needed time so badly, not only for Paul but her life in general. She heard that her son had started talking and began to crawl. One of the many moments she would miss. Ava sat at the table and drank her tea trying to feel something normal, she felt like she had lost someone so close to her again. It was like she was repeating a painful memory, the day she found out that Lucas had left his world. She hated that she felt this way over a man that no longer loved her, but after all she was a woman and had all the feelings. Frannie walked in and placed an envelope in front of Ava. She looked at it and then at Frannie. "You can at least answer him you know.", Frannie said and then walked away. Ava just looked at it, not touching it but just trying to imagine what it may say. She didn't want to read it, she didn't want to write him back. She just wanted to be left alone. But of course her mind got the better of her and she picked it up, scared and sad to see what he might have written. With a sigh she opened it.

Ava,

I wish that I could have found the right words to say to you in the last letter. I wish that you would have written a response rather than from Frannie, but I know you have your reasons. Maybe you have been busy and just haven't had much time. I thought you'd be happy to know that I've moved on from you and you can have the space to breath. I'm sorry I had to tell you in a letter, and I wish I could have told you face to face. Emma sends her love and wishes that you were here to experience it all with us. I'm not sure how you are and if you even want to write to me, but you are still my dearest friend, and it would break my heart to know you were upset with me or didn't want to continue our relationship. I hope that we will meet again and we can talk like old times. I will think of you and your endeavors.

Take care,

Dwain

Ava just sat there thinking about what he had said and the things she wished she could tell him. Nothing she thought of seemed to be the right words. How could she act like everything was okay, when she was so depressed over the matter. Still upset she picked up her tea and his letter and went upstairs to her room.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava's guilt for not writing him started to get to her. She didn't want to feel pain as she wrote him, it seemed to happen that way. She knew that one day she would recover from her broken heart, but the process sometimes was too much to bear. He had sent another letter but she never read it, she found herself hiding her heart and running away from all she wanted. She had to write him back, even if it was for the last time. She pulled out a pen and her notebook, she sat there for a moment trying to think of what to say.

Dwain,

I am sorry for not replying to you when you wrote me. I know there isn't any excuse, so I won't try to give you one. I want you to knot that I am truly happy that you have found love, and that you're happy with Emma. She is a wonderful person and she will be very good to you. I wish you everything to your new life with her, and hope that it will be fulfilled with warmth and love always. Thank you for writing me and being the friend that I needed at the hardest times in my life. You truly are a kindred spirit. I will think of you as you go on, and do something wonderful. I wish I could have said more when you were here, and let you know how much you've meant to me. You are a great man and a darling friend. I hope your wedding will be beautiful. Take care, give my love to Emma.

Sincerely,
Ava

Ava sealed the envelope looking at it, this was her way of saying goodbye, and letting go of all she wanted. She needed to start her life again and do what she needed to do to be happy. Dwain was now a part of her past, along with Lucas. They were memories to her now. She could never let go of loving Lucas, and would never try, but she needed to let go of her love for Dwain. He was marrying another woman, and she really wanted him to be happy. So with that thought she closed the envelope and sat it on her stand. The next day was when the mail would go out. She woke up the next morning got ready for her long day, and headed downstairs. She went to the mail room and handed it to the carrier. She let it go, and with that sealed her heart in that letter. "Goodbye.", she whispered to herself. She turned away and went inside to nurse the wounded.

Haku

<3
I really liked all of your chapters so far, they are very well written.

NYC16

Unforgetable
I am going to do Dwain"s perspective here, so don't get confused. Haha

Dwain finally recieved Ava's letter. For so long he hoped that she would one day write back. He needed to know they were okay, and that she wasn't upset with him for not telling her sooner. He could hear Emma coming up to him. He felt her wrap her arms around him. He quickly placed Ava's letter down. "Hi.", she said with a smile. "Hello." She kissed him on the cheek. "Are you ready to go and eat dinner?", she asked looking at him. "I'll be there in a minute." He wanted to read the letter badly. She kissed him again and hurried out of the room to eat. He looked at the envelope, he opened it up and started to read her words. After he finished her letter he sat there for a moment taking it all in. There was something different about her words this time, like it was the last time she would write him. Dwain never truly knew Ava's feelings as to whether she loved him or not. He didn't think she did, and she just wanted to go on without worrying about his feelings for her. She didn't love him in his eyes, and sometimes wondered what would have become of them years later. Those were just thoughts now, and he had to just be completely happy without her. He sighed and got up from the chair where he sat and went to the kitchen to eat with his fiance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back