• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► A Love Gone, but Never Forgotten

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC16

Unforgetable
It was World War Two, and it seemed like all was lost to many of the Americans. Loved ones were shipped away and never seen again. Families were torn apart, and nothing could fix them. Ava Sullivan grew up with her childhood sweetheart. Lucas Denver was her bestfriend since elementary school. Many of the men around her town were drafted while others thought that they needed to fight for a cause.

Ava was sitting on the porch waiting for Lucas to show up that day for a dinner with her parents. She saw his truck pull up in front of her house, she felt excited to see him and she cheerfully got off the stairs and walked up to him. "Hi I was starting to worry, I didn't know if you were going to come.", she smiled. She could see the look that something was wrong. "Ava I have something to say.", he paused and looked at her, "I enlisted today, I need to go and do this." Ava felt her heart fall in her chest and was suprised she didn't die right there. She couldn't find the words, they all had slipped from her mind. "Why?", was all she could come up with. "It's what's best........everyone expects that from me." They stood there for a moment not knowing what to say or do. Ava took his hand and they walked into the house....

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava and Lucas sat at the table with her family. He had just told the news to her parents, "Well that is a courageous thing you are planning to do son." Her father favored Lucas and agreed with the idea. Ava's mother sat there in silence not knowing what to say. Ava couldn't bring herself to think about it, she loved him and for him to be sent away... it didn't make sense. Her younger brothers listened intently and asked numerous questions. "When will you be leaving?", her mother finally asked. "By the end of the month ma'am.", Lucas looked over at Ava, but she couldn't make contact.

NYC16

Unforgetable
The night had ended and Lucas had went home. Ava went to her room and sat there wondering what was going on, so much was happening and it all seemed like a blur. She knew she had to be supportive of whatever he decided to do but she couldn't picture the thought. She layed down to fall asleep but tossed and turned. Hours passed and she finally managed to fall asleep.

Weeks passed and the end of the month had finally came, Ava and Lucas spent as much time together as they could. She finally accepted it even though it was hard for her to deal with it at times. They stood outside the trainstation and waited for his train to come. "Ava I will come back. I promise you.", he looked into her eyes. "I know.", that's all she could say. His train had arrived and he put his luggae on. He leaned down to kiss her, "I love you.", she looked back at him, "I love you too." He jumped onto the stairs of the train and waved as it rode away.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Months had passed and everyday Ava would wait for the mailman. She saved all his letters, she wrote him everyday. He told a little of the war but mostly how he was and how he missed her. He said he was alright, and Ava wanted to believe him but knew that he would never be alright after it all. She told him the town gossip and let him know how his family was. She saved all his mail in a box he had given her for christmas.

More months had gone by, and the talk of the war never ended. More men of the neighborhood enlisted and shipped off. Mothers cried and children played. What was going to happen? No one could answer that question.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava hadn't heard from Lucas in weeks and she became more worried as the days passed. She waited for the mailman everyday, but only bills for her parents came. She asked his parents if they had heard from him but they said they hadn't gotten anything from him for weeks. She walked by the court house and saw the enlistment desk was out, she saw more of the local men standing in line. She shook her head when she saw her neighbor look at her, she couldn't face him. Too many things brought back memories of what was once part of her life.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Three months had finally passed and Ava had never given up hope that he was still alive. She wrote him everyday, they were all sent back but she carried the thought that one day he would read them. One day she was sitting on her couch in the living room when her mother came in. "Ava you have a letter, I think it's from Lucas." Ava jumped up from the couch and rushed to her mother's side to look at the envelope. She opened it but her fingers trembled. She read the sweet words" To my dearest Ava.", tears began to fall down her cheeks and onto the letter. She wiped her eyes. He told her that he had been reassigned after the Battle of the Bulge. He told her he was alright and about the friends he had met along the way. He mentioned his loses but tried to keep the letter as cheery as possible. He told her he loved her and he would come home one day. He said to say hi to his folks and he would write them soon. She held it in her fingers reading it over two more times before going upstairs and placing it in the box by her bed. She heard the door bell ring and heard her mother's voice. Ava walked down the stairs to peek and see who was at the door. It was Ms. Stanley, she had been a widow for ten years and raised her children on her own.
Tears streamed down her eyes as she gripped a letter. She couldn't speak but she fell into Ava's mother's arms. Her son had been killed in the line of duty, they told her that he fought bravely and that he was a good soldier and she should be proud. Ava listened quietly tears falling down her face, she knew him very well. They grew up together since they were small kids. To know he was gone was a blow to everyone. She snuck back up to her room, and sat beside her bed, she placed her head in her arms and cried.

NYC16

Unforgetable
A week went by and they all attended the funeral. Everyone was sorry to lose of the kids they had seen grow up. Ava mourned, but not only because of Steven, but for Lucas. She didn't know when he was going to come home..or if he ever would. Everyday she read the papers to see who had been sent home, but Lucas' name was ever there. She looked in the phone book to see how much tickets to London were, she needed to see him, she wasn't sure where he was because he had been reassigned. She couldn't let them go, they were what she always wanted, the perfect couple.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava stood in line of the registration desk. Other women like herself were standing there waiting to sign up. It had been about a year of training to be a nurse and she decided it was time to go herself. She heard from Lucas as often as he could write. She looked at the others in front of her, they were in such a need of the help that she knew that was what she would do.

will finish soon.

NYC16

Unforgetable
wow thanks....

Ava was in the front of the line now and the tension was building, was she really ready for this? She was going to give her life up, she knew Lucas was fighting strongly for what he believed was right, and she had to have the same strength. The nurse handed her the pen, "Sign on up." The nurse had a gentle smile that made her feel more comfortable. "Yes of course.", she tried to put on a brave smile and she shook with nervousness as she layed the pen onto the paper and saw herself write her name onto the form. A minute later she was done and signed up. She couldn't imagine what her mother would say when she told her that today was the day that she enlisted into the United States Army as a registered nurse. She felt proud at that moment to think of herself in a bigger picture that she could ever imagine.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Thanks I will.

Ava stood in front of her house, the light was on and she could see the shadows of her mother and little brother. She took a deep breath and walked up the stairs, She took a long look at the door. She turned the knob and entered the living room. "Hi Mom.", she smiled. Her mother looked nice in a fancy dress she had bought for a dinner meeting she was attending with her husband. "Wow you look nice.", Ava said with some envy. Her mother turned, "Hi honey. How was your day?", her mother smiled with gentleness. "Umm....fine. How late are you two love birds going to be?", "We shouldn't be too late, Alexander has to be at school tomorrow, so we will be back in time to make sure he's in bed." Ava watched as her mother scurried around the room fixing her sweater and checking on the dinner in the oven. "Dinner's in the oven, I will get it out before I leave and you two can eat together at the table." Her mother headed up the stairs, "Mom...I need to talk to you." Her mother looked down, "Is everything alright dear?", she looked worried as she quickly rushed down the stairs. That was the one thing Ava always loved about her mother, she would put everything on hold for her children. "Come sit on the couch with me.", her mother held her hand and led her to the couch. "Mom I don't want to ruin your night.", she said sadly. "Oh hunny it doesn't matter what i have going on, you are much more important.", she said with a smile as she moved the hair from Ava's face. "Mom I..........signed up.", her mother looked confused, "What are you talking about?" Ava was having a hard time telling her mom that in a week she would be shipped out to Germany. "I enlisted into the Army, I am going to be a nurse, they are sending me to Germany next Saturday." Her mother's face showed sadness but she held her composure. She didn't say anything at that moment but instead looked at her only daughter. SHe hugged her and a tear fell, She released her and looked her in the eye, "Remember, always follow your heart, no matter the consequences. Be safe and I am proud of you and support you in whatever you do, and if this is what you want then I am behind you 100%.", she smiled wiping the tears that now fell from Ava's eyes. "I love you Ava.", she said holding her daughter's hand. "I love you too mom.", she held onto her mother, for the first time in a long time she felt like a child, wrapped safe and secure in her mother's arms.

NYC16

Unforgetable
In World War two.

Ava packed her things and headed down the stairs of the house she grew up in. Her father waited at the bottom of the steps, she was at the landing looking down at him. Even though she felt it was right, she couldn't bring herself to say goodbye. Her mother was waiting in the kitchen fixing a small bag of food for Ava's journey. "Are you all packed?", her dad said looking up at her with sad eyes. "Yeah.", she dragged her bag behind her and walked down the landing. "Let me take your bags to the car.", he took them from her hands. She smiled at him as he looked at her. She walked into the kitchen where her mother packed her bag, "HI mom.", she said simply not knowing what else to say. "I packed you a snack just in case you don't get to eat anytime soon." She smiled holding the back in her hand for Ava to take. "Thank you Mom for everything.", she smiled, a tear falling down her cheek. "No problem sweetie.", she kissed her cheek and followed her out onto the porch. They looked out to see the neighborhood busy with people running around. Her little brother rode up to the drive way on his bike. Ava walked down the stairs to meet him. "Well goodbye little guy.", she said hugging him and kissing him on the head. She smiled at her mother, "Bye mom." Her mother held her tears as her daughter got into the car.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Her and her father stood at the train station to meet the train, "Well....I want you to write letters as much as possible to tell us how you're getting along." He wasn't a very tall man, but she figured that was because of his Italian background. Her mother was more of a lenghthy person with blond hair, her family was English with a touch of Native American. She had dark hair like her father though, along with her mother's tallness. She smiled at her father, "I will don't worry." He stood there for a moment, "I can't help it..You're my only daughter, and my eldest. Your my pride and joy.", she could see that her father wanted to cry but he held back the tears. "Daddy, life goes on, no matter what I'm still with you. You've told me that since I was small. Now it's your turn.", she smiled with her big hazel eyes. She could hear the train whistle in the background getting closer. Her father shook his head and laughed, "YOur right." The train pulled up in front of them as they stood on the platform. "All aboard, tickets please, tickets.", they heard the conductor say. "Well this is it. Thanks Daddy for everything.", she smiled hugging him. "No problem kiddo.", he held on tightly. "Well I should go.", "Take care." Ava smiled again and started up the small steps of the train. She got on the train and picked a seat with a window. She smiled and waved at her father. He waved trying to hold back tears as he watched the train start to roll down the track. Ava took a deep breath and then handed her ticket to the conductor. She turned back to look at her father and saw that he was now truly crying.

Seirio

Mr. Twister
Awards
Beautiful,depressing...ish,but very beautiful,excellent,awesome,heart warming,and these words are coming from not a friend but a critic,well actualy its both but who cares?I am a person who KNOWS the art of the mind,body and the soul.This could be longer but it is still good.Anyways,hello NYC16!!!And keep this going for abit,your doing very well!!!

NYC16

Unforgetable
Thanks Seirio.

Ava sat there looking at the others among her on the train. She was to meet at the nearby hospital and go with the other nurses. She saw a woman holding her child as they slept, Ava smiled thinking of her own mother. She looked at a couple a few seats away from her, they were young, probably around her age. They were smiling and laughing together. Ava couldn't help but stare, it brought back so many memories of Lucas. She hadn't heard from him in about a week, she didn't tell him she signed up, he would have been very upset with her. She missed him everyday and wished to be near him, which in some ways was why she decided to go. She wanted to be a part of what he held so close to his heart, and she thought this would be the best way to be closer to him. She turned back to the window, thoughts circling in her head. She watched as trees, cows and small houses went by. SHe kept all his letters in her bag. She would write him when she had settled, and started her nursing. He had been restartioned yet again and he wasn't able to write her as much as possible. She closed her eyes and tried to relax, thinking of her family, her house, her friends, and mostly of her one true love, Lucas.

NYC16

Unforgetable
The train was finally at the camp, "Alright, here's the camp." Ava got up from her seat and headed towards the luggage. "Is this your luggage ma'am?", a young man stood there unloading bags. "Yes, thank you.", she picked up her bag and walked towards the tent in the front of the camp. She saw other nurses standing in the tent behind the table. "Hello I am Ava Sullivan. I just arrived on the afternoon train." A little red haired nurse smiled, "Oh yes we were expecting you." Ava felt relived. "Follow me, we are so happy you decided to join up. We need so much help lately. We have casualties come in every few minutes."

As Ava walked around she looked at the patients, some had casts others had worse. She couldn't help but shudder at the sight of some of the poor souls. She followed the nurse back to another tent where she could put her things. "Here are some clothes to change into. When you are finished you can come back to the main tent.", "Okay thanks." The little nurse left the tent, and she started to change into her uniform. She could hear bombs in the back ground, making a shudder sound.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava's day started off too busy, more than she thought she could handle. Her stress level had really began to rise, but this was her job, she had no other choice. She scurried from one patient to another, bandaging them and giving them water. The little red head nurse would come over to check on her and make sure she was doing alright. "You have really picked up the slack here. We are happy you showed up.", she said with a smile, before leaving. Ava finished up all the patients she could. Finally her shift was up and she could go eat and go on to bed. She looked down at her apron that was soaked with blood. She shudder at the look of it. She went to eat with a few of the other nurses. THey all sat there chatting away and laughing. Ava got her food and sat down beside the little red haired nurse, "How can you laugh when we are being bombed?", Ava asked with a solemn look. The nurse replied, "That's all we can do anymore, we've cried our share of tears. Now we have to think that the war will one day be over and we can go home to our families. That's a good enough thought for me." Ava thought about her words that night when she was trying so hard to sleep. Tomorrow she would write Lucas and tell him what she had done. She knew he would support her, but he wouldn't like the idea. She looked at his picture in the dim light, she smiled when she saw him, she too knew that one day she would be with her family and Lucas again.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava sat up by the light of her candle as she wrote Lucas, she had so much to tell him. She was so full of life, now that she knew she was doing good. She had made friends and saved lives, that was more than she thought she could ever do. Ava asked him how he was and all that was going on with him. She wrote her mother everyday and told her what she did that day. Her mother told her all that was happening back home. She had recieved a letter from Lucas during the week, he said he was happy she was fine and glad that she was doing something to help the country's cause. He hoped and prayed everyday that they would meet each other during the time they were there. Everything seemed to be going the way she always wanted. Everyone she loved was alive and well. SHe finished her letter to him and kissed it. She finished her letters to her parents before going back to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back