• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► A Love Gone, but Never Forgotten

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Thanks Seirio, and you as well Haku. Haku you always comment and let me know how Im doing, thanks bunches. I have another exam tomorrow so im hoping to be able to post maybe tonight. I'm hoping that is...haha. If not tonight it will be up by tomorrow sometime. Thanks and take care!

NYC16

Unforgetable
Exhaustion lingered on their bodies as they carried themselves through another day. They needed sleep, just to rest was all that was on their minds. Ava looked around the area, it once was a town but now was nothing but ruble around her feet. She looked over at Paul, he seemed to be in deep thought, taking in all that was going on around him. She didn't say a word, but she kept walking. Paul looked up at her watching her as she walked around bricks and discarted items on the ground. He hated himself for bringing her into this situation. What kind of man was he to take a woman from the life she knew? Thoughts of their fate crossed his mind more now than ever, he wanted to be free, he wanted to be loved by her and he wanted to start a life with her. But how? He never thought of what would happen later on, he just wanted to run for all it's worth. Watching her and seeing the sadness on her face was enough to break his heart. Ava looked around at the chaotic mess, she felt sad for the people who had lost everything and even their lives. She had seen devastation before, but every time was still as hard as the last. She looked down at the ground as she walked, so not to walk upon anything that would cause her harm. As she wandered around the torn streets, a shiny object laid before her. She bent down to look at it, it was a golden cross. She picked it up, it was part of someone's rosary. The beads had been burned but the cross though a little rusted, was still in perfect shape. Ava had never been one for church, though she knew of Christ. She had her beliefs yes, but she knew she didn't lead a life that was walking with the Lord. But at that moment she knew, that something had been keeping her alive. It was a sign that she was being protected and would make it out. Chills went down her spin as she held the cross in her palm. She knew.......she would be alright. Paul walked up behind her placing his hand on her shoulder. She looked at him with a smile, but one small tear made its trace down her cheek. He returned the smile but never said a word. He wasn't sure what else there was left to say.

Dwain sat in the bedroom of Emma's family house. He looked out the window, wishing for a different life. The wedding was in a week and yet he didn't know if it was what he really wanted. Emma was surely in love with Benjamin, and he himself wanted more. What was he to do? He never said goodbye to Emma when he left, it wasn't anger that filled him, it was more of regret. He regreted leaving his home, running away with Emma, and not asking Ava to give her heart for life. He missed Ava more than anything, but he didn't know what good that did him. As he sat there looking out at the scenic view below, he heard the door came open. He listened as Emma's footsteps came closer to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck with a tender touch. Dwain sat there taking the feeling of warmth, embracing it, yet wanting it to disappear. "Sweetie, are you alirght? I didn't see you for awhile, but Ben said he saw you leave.", she placed her cheek to his head. "Emma, we need to talk.", he turned to look at her. Fear sprang into her eyes as she looked at him, "Okay." She sat down in the chair next to him. He grabbed her hand, "Em, look.... I know you love me. I don't doubt that, but are you sure you want to spend the rest of your life with me? Are you willing to give everything up to be my wife?", his eyes looked right into the deep of her soul. "What? Why are you asking me this?", she was taken back by his odd question. Why now? "Emma I need to know if you are fully commited to me, or are we going to make a mistake?", he looked at her, she could tell this was something that had been dragging on for awhile. "Yes Dwain, why would I say yes to your proposal if I didn't intend on giving you my life? I love you so much, I want to be the wife you always dreamt of and the mother of your children.", She lifted his face, "Do you want to marry me?" Dwain looked at her with eyes of sadness, "Yes I do, but if you are still in love with Benjamin, then..........", his voice trailed off. "Dwain, Im not in love with him. It ended between us so long ago.", she said startled. "I'm sorry, I just paniced. I wasn't sure if you were fully commited to me or if Benjamin was getting to you.", he felt bad for putting her on the spot, especially since he loved Ava. HE was too scared to tell Emma that, even if he did, why would it really matter? She was gone forever, she was nothing but a memory now. "Oh Dwain, I love you and will marry you on our wedding day. I promise you.", she got up from her chair and kissed him. Of course she loved Dwain, and somewhere deep down she loved Ben as well, but she knew her love with Benjamin ended for a reason. She felt as if she was trying to reassure herself more than Dwain. He wrapped his arms around her and embraced her kiss. She would be a wonderful mother and wife he was sure. He sighed and looked at her beauty. It would be okay he knew. He needed to let go of Ava, and he needed to move on to his future. Goodbye Ava.......... With that last thought, he and Emma got up from the room and went downstairs to show off their love for one another.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Hey there!!! I'm sorry to say that soon A Love Gone, but Never Forgotten will soon be coming to an end. I know it has been awesome writing this storyline, but I plan to use one of my rps for another story to come, so stay tuned if you're interested!!! Okay back to the story....

Another day fell upon Ava and Paul, the sun rose again and the feeling of misery was heavy on their hearts. The two stayed in stride, both quiet with thoughts on their mind. It felt like time was standing still, and nothing seemed to be getting better. Paul looked over at Ava, who seemed to be lost in thoughts of her own. He still was kicking himself from pulling her away from her life. He looked at the cross that she carried in her hand, it seemed to be attached to her somehow. Ava looked over him catching his gaze, "Are you alright?" She stopped to look at him, he stopped too feeling ever so low. "You know, I thought that I was making the right choice, that we could be together and that it would be the most important thing.But as I think of it, and realize what I have done, I can 't live with myself. You had a life and it was okay and now........I have stolen it. I can't let you do this anymore, I can't watch you live like this, the sadness on your face breaks my heart so deep." Paul walked closer to her and held her hand. Ava looked up at him, tears filling her eyes. " I love you Ava, I do with all of my being, but I have to let you have the life you had before I came, you were happy. I only want to see you happy, and i have to do this.", he looked down at the ground. Ava looked up at him and brushed his hair out of his eyes, "What are you saying Paul?" She knew what he was trying to do, but she didn't know how to respond. "Ava, I'm going to take you to the docks, I have a friend not to far from here. I am going to leave you with him, I will make sure he can give you the money and I will send you home. Not back to the hospital, but with your son. That's where you need to be Ava." Ava could feel the tears fall down her cheek, "Paul...", he cut her off and kissed her hand. "No Ava, this is it. It's better this way. If we leave now we can be there by sundown.", hugging her for a moment, he held her once again, loving her so much. He released her from his arms and cleared his voice. Holding her hand he led her in the right direction.

Two days until the day, Emma filled with joy, devoured the attention. This morning would be the last time she would see Dwain until the wedding. She loved hearing all the women chattering and telling her how much they were happy, and wishing her the best. In a hour she would sneak away and have breakfast with Dwain, she couldn't wait to see him. Soon she would be his bride, his wife, and one day mother to his children. The estatic happiness of it all was too much to keep inside. When she saw him standing in the doorway her heart lept with joy. She practically ran to him, kissing him, the world stopped. "Hello darling, Im so happy to see you.", she smiled. "Hi dear. Nice to see you too.", he laughed. "I think we can sneak away now, Mom is ranting about the bridemaids. Let's go.", she grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the room of loud women. They headed to the little cafe where they had shared many meals together. They held each other close as they walked down the morning streets of Paris. The smell of coffee became stronger as they got closer to their destination. The two sat down at a small table near the window. "Oh Dwain, I am so happy.", she couldn't help but smile. "Me too.", he smiled back at her taking her hand in his. "I recieved a letter from Frannie, she said she and her husband will be attending. I just recieved it this morning, but she sent it a week ago. Do you think we could spare two more places?", he smiled. "Of course. Still nothing from Ava?", she looked at him. "No.", he tried to hide his disappointment. He wished Ava the best whatever that was. "Lets enjoy our morning shall we?", he smiled again at his perfect fiance. "Alright.", she smiled back taking in the moment.

Last edited:

Haku

<3
Yeah I knew very soon that the story was going to end sooner rather than later because of the way things are going now, but otherwise this was another great update.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Hey I will post more later, thanks for reading!

Paul held Ava's hand as they arrived at the old house. He knocked on the door hoping his friend was there. Just as he hoped a man opened the door and smiled, "Well Paul, it's nice to see you but what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with the military?" The look on his face was more than they wanted to see. He wasn't so sure about why they had come. "Old friend, I have come to ask a favor.", Paul smiled as he held out his hand. The man looked at him with concern, "What is it?" "I need you to get her home for me. I have money, but I need you to get her a ticket home, back to......America.", Paul answered looking at his friend. "Paul..........why?", he obviously didn't understand what was going on. "Look it's a long story, I will tell you later, but please will you get her home?" the man could see the look on Paul's face and knew. "Of course Paul. Come in and take a seat.", he held the door open for them as they came in.

Haku

<3
Oh that's alright then I'll be on the lookout, it was a nice start so far.

Haku

<3
That's very understandable we all get busy with other things at one time or another that keeps us from doing the things that we want to do, can't wait for the next update then.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Wow it's been such a long time coming! Haha, kind of rusty so here we go, bare with me. Haha.

The arrangements had been made, and Paul held Ava in his arms. The sadness was enough to stifle a person but they couldn't help it. Ava did love him in alot of ways, but knew she would be another page in the book she called her life. Another man would leave her, and she would yet again have to mend her heart. "We should get to sleep, tomorrow Im going to catch the train and head east, who knows maybe even to England." He tried to smile at her, but could see she was trying to keep herself composed. "Yes we need to go to bed", she smiled. They went to the small rooom in the corner of the house. There was one bed in the room, and it was a small cot. "Here take the bed.", Paul handed her the blanket and pillow. He laid on another old blanket and tried to fall asleep, but the idea of her being gone forever ate at him. Ava stared at the wall, she didn't know what to do or say. She was sad about their parting, and tried to control the tears that fell down her cheek. Then she realized that she would be able to see her beautiful son. She felt a hand on her shoulder, she turned to see Paul looking at her, he kissed her cheek. "This is so hard to do. You must be home where you're happy.", she nodded her head. With that the night became day and the morning came.

Haku

<3
That was an extremely short chapter but otherwise I thought that it was another great new edition.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Yeah sorry it was so short, I had to go with my friend somewhere. This is the rest to my last post

The two waited side by side as they waited for the train. Paul had to leave early in order to get where he was headed. He was going to England where he knew many of his family members had fled. He had friends that would help him over the boarders, and would write to Ava once reached his destination. Ava turned to him, "Write me as much as possilbe." He looked down at her with a smile. "Of course I will. Tomorrow it will be your turn to leave. Send me a picture of that beautiful boy of yours." "I will.", she fought back the tears as she heard the sound of the train whistle. The train came closer and Paul pulled AVa to his chest. "I love you Ava. I will miss you so much, maybe one day we will be together again." "I loved you too, I hope I get to see you again." , she said looking at the crowd approaching. He looked at her in the eyes then kissed her. She embraced the kiss and held onto him. The train came to the station, and the conductor announced to board. Paul looked at her one last time and kissed her hand, he handed the conductor his ticket and got onto the train. He sat in the seat closest to see her. He placed his hand on the window, and she waved at him as the smoke reached the sky. Ava wrapped her arms around herself as she watched the train leave into the distance.

Haku

<3
Ah I get it know that just explained all of my un-answered questions, but otherwise it was another part to the story.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Now it was her turn, she was waiting for the train. It was partly sunny, while the clouds danced around the sky. She had butterflies all around her stomach. This was it, soon she would be home with her family, she would play with her son, and drink coffee with her dad. She would be able to watch her little brother play baseball again while her mother ironed clothes. She could see the train coming and the smoke filled the sky as it roared towards the station. People gathered around as they waited for the train to stop. She could hear children crying and their mothers trying to shoosh their cries. Once the train stopped she boared the train and found her seat near the window. A woman sat next to her on the way down the rails. She held her baby close to her looking a bit scared. Ava smiled at her and then at the baby. She turned to look out the window when the lady began to talk to her. "He is finally sleeping, hopefully long enough for me to do the same.", she laughed. Ava smiled at her, and the lady could see the way Ava's eyes lingered on the small person. "Are you a mother?', the woman asked. "Yes I am. I have a son, he will be two soon.", she smiled. "Oh, I am so excited to watch him grow, each day is a blessing." The woman looked again to her baby. "My baby is in America, that's my home. I haven't seen him in so long. But soon I will be able to hold him again, and watch him grow up.", a tear found its way down Ava's cheek. The woman smiled at Ava and she could see she shared the same feelings. "Do you want to hold him?", the woman asked Ava. She looked at her and answered, "Oh I couldn't, he's sleeping." "Oh of course you could, he sleeps soundly once he's down.", the lady smiled as she held the baby out for Ava to take. Ava picked up the little warm body and held him in her arms. Memories filled her mind, she could smell her son, and could feel his little hand gripping her finger. She was happy to have this moment, she missed the feeling of being loved. She looked out the window as she held the sleeping baby, she was on her way home, this time for real.

Last edited:

NYC16

Unforgetable
Paul looked around Paris, he had never gotten to visit just to see it. He would soon be on his way to London. He looked around at the many churches that were in the city. It was another world there, and he took it in. He walked down the street to see everything in the city. He saw a couple looking at each other, and he couldnt help but feel a bit jealous. The young woman was looking up at her beau with her blond locks moving with the wind. The man had light brown hair and he looked vaguely familiar. Paul smiled as he passed thinking of his dear Ava.

Dwain laughed at Emma who was giddy about the wedding. Still a couple days away and the joy of it was too much for Emma to contain. The breeze was whipping her hair around, and Dwain touched her face. He looked over at a man who stopped to look at them for a second then he continued down the street. Dwain wondered what that was about but brushed it off. He and Emma continued on their day out and held hands all the way.

Ava sat on the train while listening to the breathing of the baby and sleeping mother. She looked over and just simply smiled at the scene before her. The woman held her baby close to her and the baby's head sat nestled close to his mother's chest. Ava turned again to look out the window. She thought about her son and Lucas. Oh how she missed them, but she would see her Luke again. And she knew that Lucas was there, he would always be there. She thought about Paul, and wondered where his life would lead him. Would they ever see each other again, she didn't know. She hoped he would find love and settle down with a family somewhere, and the torture of his past could let him go. He was a wonderful person and wished him the best there was to offer. She watched the trees pass the train and the cows that grazed alongside seemed to race by. Ava wondered how Dwain was, she knew the wedding date was close by, she had kept track in her mind. Soon he and Emma would be wed, she was happy for them. Knowing Dwain had fallen in love and would be with the perfect woman for him. She did love Dwain and thought of him often, but it was another chapter in her life. He was the past for her, just as Lucas and Paul were. She needed to just live her life with her family, that was all she wanted. She had loved before, she had lost before, cried and laughed, but it was time for her to be completely happy. She leaned her head back on the seat as she listened to the sound of the train swaying back and forth on the tracks.

NYC16

Unforgetable
The hours passed by as Paul sat on the bench. He was waiting for his train ticket but knew it was too busy to go in at the time. He hoped no one would realize who he was, everyday was a matter of fate and he didn't know if he would be caught at any moment. He noticed the man from before standing beside a cart near the entrance to the train station, he must have been waiting for someone. Paul watched the man turn to find a woman and her companion run up to him. The man smiled as he hugged the woman and they exchanged smiles. The woman looked familiar as well, and he struggled to remember where he had seen them before. In that moment he knew, they had worked with Ava at the hospital in Germany. He felt awful because he knew it was because of him that Ava had left them. They began walking towards him and he quickly turned his head. The woman dropped her glove on the floor as they passed, Paul picked it up and holding his breath stopped the woman. "Ma'am, you dropped your glove.", he held it in his hand knowing that she may remember him. She turned with a smile, reaching out for the glove she realized who he was, she simply said thank you and turned back to her friends. The others with her turned to look at him and he felt a twinge of relief. He could tell that she had recognized him but she continued on her way. He sat back down on the bench and waited, yet another day would pass.

Frannie looked ahead thinking of what had happened, she knew that was the man that Ava had been seeing, he was the one Ava had run away with. She didn't know what she should say or have done, it was so quick and weird for her at the moment. Thinking of a way she could talk to him she decided to tell her husband and Dwain that she needed to use the restroom, once they agreed she left them and headed back towards Pauls direction. She found him sitting on the bench and took in a breath as she walked towards him. He looked up at her and his face turned red. Frannie decided that she would begin, "I'm sure you remember me as I sure remember you." "Yes ma'am I do.", he stood up now. "I....I have so many things to say to you.", her voice trailed off. "It's okay go ahead.", Paul could see she was holding back tears. "I know that you and Ava may have had feelings for each other, but you don't understand the heartache I endured when she ran off with you. She was and still is my best friend. And when she left it killed me because I didn't understand why she would do it.", Frannie tried to control the lump in her throat. "Ma'am, I know that Ava was a part of your life, and I am generally sorry that I pressured her into leaving, it was wrong of me I know. I shouldn't have been so impulsive. I'm not sure myself why she decided to leave with me, God only knows why. Things would have been so much easy for her if she would have stayed behind.", Paul tried his best to be as sincere as he could. Frannie looked up at him, "Is she.......dead?" The question was killing her to ask but she needed to know. "No, she's fine.", Paul answered. "Where is she, is she here with you?", she asked hoping to see her beloved friend. "No, she's on her way home. I got her a train ticket and she will be back to America in a couple days.", Paul said looking Frannie into the eyes. Tears spilled down her face, "Oh..thank God. I know she will be happy there. I know you're Paul. I'm sorry for hating you all these months. I'm sorry for wanting to speak my mind to you, you did do some wonderful things for her. You let her go when she had been captured, and even now you gave her the chance to go home. I guess what Im trying to say is thank you for keeping her safe and letting her go home. She needed to be there.", Frannie wiped the tear off her cheek. Paul nodded his head, "Thank you, I want you to know that I do love Ava, but I want what's the best for her." Frannie hugged Paul in the crowd of people. "Take care of yourself Paul.", "You too." Frannie smiled as she released his hand, and walked down the station to find Dwain and her husband. Paul watched her walk away, and felt that something was now complete. He smiled to himself as he watched her disappear into the crowd.

Haku

<3
Later than usual but the updates were awesome just like all of the ones that have come before them.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Yeah I try to get posts up as soon as I can get to them.

Dwain walked into the room where Frannie and her husband would be staying. "This is a nice room, its one of the extras, Emma's aunt is pretty wealthy as you can see. If you need anything let me know, Emma is out for a bit but she will be happy to see you. I will let you two get settled in.", he smiled at Frannie and was glad to have a friend here. "Alrighty, thanks Dwain, we will see you in about a hour.", Frannie smiled at him as she watched him leave the room. Dwain offered another smile as he shut the door and she could hear his footsteps go down the hall way. Frannie turned to her bag to take her clothes out and put them away. "Fran are you okay, you have seemed different since we got here.", her husband asked her. She turned to look at him, "I'm....well I have been thinking that's all." She sat down on the little chair placed at the desk along the wall. "What's on your mind?", he came closer and knealed down beside her. "Do you remember that man that handed me my glove at the train station?", she asked him, he was a caring man and would understand the situation. "Yes I do.", he answered with a slight smile. "Well I know who he is, he is the man that Ava was seeing. She left with him.", she said looking down at her dress. "Okay, I understand.", he nodded. "I'm sorry for not telling you but I went back to talk to him, I had to. I didn't want Dwain to follow because he probably would have killed him. I know Dwain still loves Ava and he was heartbroken to know she disappeared, and especially with a German officer. So that's why I kept it a secret. I...just needed to know what happened to her, and I needed to know why he took her away from me.", a tear fell down her cheek. "I know it's hard Fran, it's okay I understand, I'm not mad. Is she okay?", he held her hand. "Yes she is...", a grin placed on her face, "She's headed back to the states. She's going back home to be with her son and parents.", "That's wonderful hunny.", he kissed her cheek. "It is, but I don't know what to do about it, should I tell Dwain, or should I just let it be. I mean he's getting married in a day, I don't want to bring up any feelings that may cause him to....I don't know.", Frannie shook her head. "Well what do you think is right? If you think that Dwain should know her wearabouts then yes, but I don 't think protecting him from the truth is the answer. Whether he still loves her or not, he needs to know she's okay. He can choose from there.", he looked her in the eyes, "Do what your heart tells you." She nodded, he was right but she didn't want to bring it up now, this was a time of happiness for Dwain and he hadn't once mentioned Ava, and Frannie didn't want to bring memories that may hurt him, especially right now.

Ava had arrived in England and was waiting for the ship that would bring her home. The woman that had been her friend on the train had gone her own way, and told her to take care of herself and that soon she would be home. She could see the people crowding around the dock, and there was her way home. She wrapped her sweater around her and walked towards the crowd. She watched as the faces of the people and could see the excitement around her. She was excited as well, and couldn't wait to see her family. It was time to get on and she followed the others onto the ship that would sail her back to her home, she found yet another woman with her small children that were from England. She found herself another traveling partner and was happy to be there.

Frannie got dressed and she with her husband headed downstairs to meet Emma. As soon as Frannie reached the landing, Emma began running towards her. "Frannie!!! I'm so happy you made it!!", she hugged her with such enthusiasm. Frannie laughed and embraced the hug, "I'm so happy I could make it too. You look wonderful, the blushing bride in all her radiance." "Aww you're so flattering Frannie, well I am going to get ready for dinner but I will see you in alittle while.", she smiled and headed up the stairs. Frannie and her husband found Dwain sitting in the dining room reading a paper. Frannie stopped but could feel her husband nudge her on, she turned and he nodded at her. She sighed and went ahead towards him, Dwain looked up at her with a smile, "Hey, you're out." He got up from the table and came to give her a hug. "You have no idea how happy I am to have you here, I"ve really needed a friend.", his smile was so huge it took up his face. Frannie smiled but knew that she needed to do it now or if would backfire later when she did. "Hey let's go take a walk, you and me.", Frannie held out her arm to Dwain hoping he would go. "Okay, but what will your husband think?", he laughed. "I'm fine I will go read a book I brought with me.", he smiled and kissed Frannie's cheek. "Have a nice time." Frannie smiled at her husband as he went up the stairs to the room. "Let's go walk.", Frannie took Dwain's arm as the left the house.

"What do you need to tell me?", Dwain said looking forward. "What do you mean? Why would you think I need to talk to you about something? I just..want to see how you are.", she tried to hide the reason she was trying to work up the courage to do. "I know you Fran, that's your way of trying to hint that there is something that needs to be discussed. ", he looked at her lifting his brow. "Yes well it's one of my flaws I suppose.", she looked away. "Fran, just spit it out.", he stopped walking and looked at her. "It's about Ava.", she wanted to avoid his eyes but could feel them piercing her. "Okay what about her?", he looked at her. "That man in the train station, that stopped me is Paul. He's the man that Ava was seeing and left with. I went back to talk to him, I needed to ask him some things. Ava is okay and is headed back to America to be with her family. They seperated for reasons I don't know. I didn't want to say anything right now because I know that it was a happy time for you. I'm sorry I didn't say it right away I just didn't know how to go about it.", Frannie watched his face turn solemn as he turned away from her and continued walking. She stood there not knowing what she should do, so she waited. Dwain turned and looked back at her, "I don't know what to say. I'm happy to know she's okay but there is no reason for you to feel that you need to hide it from me. I'm not in love with her anymore, and she decided to leave on her own accord. I'm moving on with my life and that's how it should be.", he looked at Frannie with a bit of anger. "I'm sorry you feel like that. I'm sorry that you are in denial about it and that you are pretending you don't care. But that's your perogative.", Frannie said staring at him. Dwain walked closer to her, "Look that was then, Ava is gone and there is a reason for that. I'm done with that part of my life Fran. Its not that I don't care about her well being, but she chose. Don't you understand she chose to go on with her life without me and without you. So I have a reason to be a bit mad at her. So sorry if I don't jump for joy. I'm getting married soon to the most amazing woman I have ever met. That's all that matters to me.", he said trying to calm himself. Frannie was now looking at the ground, "That's okay Dwain. YOu have a right to be upset, I just thought I should tell you, that's all. I'm sorry I upset you that wasn't my intention." Dwain sighed seeing that he caused her to feel bad, he came over to her and hugged her, "It's okay, I know you felt I needed to know, it's alright." "Okay, let's go back now, Emma will be looking for you.", Frannie said looking at Dwain. "You look so I don't know.....glowing.", she laughed. Dwain laughed at her as they walked back to the house arm in arm.

Haku

<3
Late but otherwise it was just what I'd come to expect, I enjoyed reading every part of it xD.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Dinner was a feast, everyone surrounded the table laughing. Emma's uncle was telling jokes and everyone seemed to find it hysterical. Dwain sat across from Emma and watched her smile. She was radiant, everything she did, everything she was, she was perfect. He knew he had done the right thing, he had picked the right girl. But just as he was thinking about how lucky he was Ava came to his mind. He hated knowing that she had left with someone else, the enemy at that. But that was Ava, she always was one to jump at the most reckless times. He did care about her still, but didn't want to be in love with her anymore. She was going home to be with her son, that's where she belonged all the time. She would be happy there, and maybe settle down. He had thought of her so much it was like just another rewind to the past. He wished she could have been there, even if she didn't love him like he wanted her too so long ago, she was still apart of him. Ava was one of his closest friends, they had gone through alot together. He saw Emma's gaze on him, snapping himself out of his trance. He looked at her and smiled. She smiled back but then turned back to her uncle. He didn't understand why she had looked at him like that, but maybe she had noticed his face. A few minutes later Emma excused herself from the table and went to the restroom. Dwain continued eating and talked with Frannie.

Emma walked down the steps and was heading towards the dining room again when she saw Benjamin standing in the doorway. She knew she should have kept going but she couldn't stop herself from going to him. He smiled at her and she could have fallen into his eyes. "Hello Em.", he smiled at her. "Hi Ben. What brings you here?", Emma smiled at him feeling a few butterflies. "I just wanted to see you, soon you will be a married woman. So I needed to see my Em before she was no longer mine.", he looked at her with his eyes, and she felt compelled to fall to his every word. She hated herself for feeling this way, he was a long ago memory but now it seemed to haunt her. "Can we talk outside for a minute?", he asked her. Emma looked at him and then back to the dining room, "Sure". Benjamin held the door open for her as she walked out the door. Emma faced the lights of the city, as Benjamin walked up to her. "I can't...go there anymore Ben.", she said as she watched the lights flicker around her. "Emma, I don't want you to think you have to make some sort of choice. But I just need to say some things to you.", she could feel his hand on her shoulder. Emma turned and looked at him. "Em, I know I hurt you those years ago, but I do love you and want you for myself. Whether you marry him or not, I will still love you and want you. I was stupid and young but I've grown up so much since then. I know you don't want to hear this, but maybe you will want me too in the end. I just want to know if this is the end for us.", he moved the hair from her face. "Ben, what happened all those years ago is the past. ", she looked away from him scared to see his face. "I know it is, but Em I need to know.....do you still love me at all?", he asked looking at her hoping to see the answer on her face. "It wouldn't matter, what is done is done.", she answered still looking away. "No Emma...........do you love me? It's as simple as that. I need to know if there is anything still there.", he moved her face towards him. "I.......do still love you, but I can't be with you. You and I both know it. I'm getting married and it's wonderful and Dwain is wonderful.", she said trying to look calm. "Why are you trying to prove to yourself that you want to be with him and get married? You love me and I know that we could be happy together. Just say the word and we will leave or we could tell them together that you don't want to marry him.", "Ben, I will not leave with you. I can't leave with you. I'm happy with my decision, I know that it is right for me.", Emma turned to leave. Benjamin grabbed her arm. "You love me Emma, don't throw it away.", "I know, but...I have to." Emma again tried to leave, but Benjamin brought her close to him, he looked at her and kissed her. Emma tried to let go but found herself lost in his arms. Finally bringing her self back, she backed away from him. "I'm sorry Ben.", she started towards the door. "I will wait for you.", he said as he watched her go in. Emma tried to cool herself down before she went in. She walked in and sat down at her seat. Everyone was laughing yet again at another of her uncle's joke. She had hoped no one had seen her, but of course that was not the case. She looked over to see Dwain looking at her, she knew her face was a bit red but she gave a little smile. She didn't want him to see her eyes because he could read her. She simply turned away from his gaze and laughed with the others. Dwain didn't want to look away but he did, with that he looked at Fran and smiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back