• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

5 problems with fighting games!!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ANIMEKING26

Website
www.myspace.com
Here are the 5 problems with most fighting Games I played. If you really think about it some of this things are true.
1. When you play a fighting game most of the time they have one or more characters that have some type of weapon on him/her yet there is no move to use it. What is the point of having it? (This is not a fasion show!!!)
2. When you get every character in the game there is pretty much nothing else to do in the game anymore.
3. Some high combos are almost close to impossbile to do yet the comps do it like its a one button move.
4. Some fighting games dont have enough blood. Where is the carnage man!!??
5. Finally number 5 every fighting has that one boss that always does the cheesy moves, cheesy combos , and cheesy grab throws. (You guys know what Im talking about.)
Just stop and think about it guys its not that hard to figure out. :D

T

tux_

captain.obvious.jpg

Hokage

Banned
Awards
1. I kinda sorta agree with you on this one. Some fighting games do have characters who seem to have no use but to annoy you seeing as they are hella weak. But.. sometimes.. these characters can prove to be one of the most deadly fighters in the game. Of course. You have to learn how to play well with them.

2.Somewhat true.. Getting the characters is but one way to truly err *beat* a fighting game. But a fighting game is supposed to be everlasting. Take SSBM for example. I've gotten all the characters and everything..yet I still play it just to have some fun and especially with freinds around.. fighting games can be the most fun even after you beat the whole thing.

3.It all depends on your skill. Of course if you're a beginner to moderate player than you are going to think "Gah lee.. I can't do any of the high power combo moves right.. yet the computer has no f-ing problem kicking my arse with it." You have to remember.. Practice makes perfect. Shoot I bet if you practice enough on those combos.. it wont seem nearly as hard as it was the other times you tried it.

4. Blame Parental stupidity and unneeded Gov't involvement in Video Games. Most publishers and game developers are getting scared of criticism and being publicized as a *bad game* because they have blood and other things. Thank God some developers/publishers still have the cajones to say "F*** off.. I make my games how I want to". Not all fighting games truly need blood though. It isnt like the game is less *good* because it doesnt have blood. I still say they should have an option where you could turn off or turn on the blood in a fighting game.

5. XD I always liked the Cheesy bosses and such. Some of them were bloody hard to beat *British accent.. <_<* If I remember correctly. An example of this would be the Giant hand in Super Smash Bro's *N64* That thing was so damn cheesy. I used to lose to his arse all the time when I was a beginner but after learning his techniques and etc.. It all worked out perfectly. These cheesy bosses actually give a good laugh sometimes and can be a nice break from the other characters and such.

One problem I do have with some fighting games is when they attempt to have a storyline.. and fail miserably. I can't think of any off the top of my head *very tired* but I'm sure there are some out there. I just wish they would scratch the story and let us get on with the fighting XD. That's about it for me though.

S

Shadow Soldier

ANIMEKING26 said:
Here are the 5 problems with most fighting Games I played. If you really think about it some of this things are true.
1. When you play a fighting game most of the time they have one or more characters that have some type of weapon on him/her yet there is no move to use it. What is the point of having it? (This is not a fasion show!!!)
Most fighting games I have or have played have the character. But he uses it. What kind are you playing? Mario Knockout or something like that? For the author of this thread... there is no such thing.
2. When you get every character in the game there is pretty much nothing else to do in the game anymore.
Same with every other game ever invented. Games have to end. They cant go on forever retard.
3. Some high combos are almost close to impossbile to do yet the comps do it like its a one button move.
Thats why you practice at them... learn them.. go to tournaments.. win.. and then you get prizes and bragging rights.
Not all games have to have blood. If you want a game with alot of blood.. go get some of the old Mortal Kombat games... OMFG STFU!!!111!!
5. Finally number 5 every fighting has that one boss that always does the cheesy moves, cheesy combos , and cheesy grab throws. (You guys know what Im talking about.)

Ya... and thats what makes the game sooo damn cool. Games are meant to get people away from reality. Not make it more real than reality. If it was gonna be all serious and stuff... the game would not be fun. Even Socom has funny parts in it.

T

tux_

Most fighting games I have or have played have the character. But he uses it. What kind are you playing? Mario Knockout or something like that?

Same with every other game ever invented. Games have to end. They cant go on forever retard.

Thats why you practice at them... learn them.. go to tournaments.. win.. and then you get prizes and bragging rights.

Not all games have to have blood. If you want a game with alot of blood.. go get some of the old Mortal Kombat games... OMFG STFU!!!111!!

Ya... and thats what makes the game sooo damn cool. Games are meant to get people away from reality. Not make it more real than reality. If it was gonna be all serious and stuff... the game would not be fun. Even Socom has funny parts in it.

No profanity, have a nice day. :) ~ VX

shortythugsta

G0t anth1ng 2 say b1+ch ?
ANIMEKING26 said:

1.the point is too make them look cool
2.you can play agianst people on line or ofline or play the story mode or unlock anything else tha have not been unlock like extraa outfit
3. High cimbo are not hard to do you just have to play the game alot
4. Some games dont want to include blood in them or that would be rated mature and most fighting games dont want to be rated mature so then us the consumer cant buy them unless our parent are there or you are over 18
5. Yes some bosses are chessy

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
The biggest problem you have with fighting games is not the games themselves, but that you suck at them.

Every other answer I had for you has already been said.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Yeah Master T I think you're right and the one he played must have been Budokai 2 cause they do actually do the same moves over again its only like 6 that are real but games like Tekken, DOA, SCIII I haven't seen it in those games and personally I like the Chessy Bosses they are cool and every game must end they can't make a billion characters for every fight game come on dude don't make yourself look retarded

O

Orochi Yashiro

What about 2D games man! Ever heard of "SNK Boss Synndrome"? All my other answers have been said for me.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
I actually agree ANIMEKING26. And it's not only Budokai.

1. Kasumi in Dead or Alive. She has weapons but cant be used even though she uses it in the FMVs.
2. Has anyone played Tekken? You finish the same tournament 10 times and get the special character. Then its done! No extra story.
3. The Budokai combos are easy to do, even the super ghost. The 10 Hit Combos in Tekken are really difficult and frustrating. Its the same with DOA, KOF and Street Fighter.
4. Games like DOA, KOF, Street Fighter and Tekken (not only Budokai) dont have enough blood. Mortal Kombat has too much blood. But Bloody Roar is just right.
5. We're talking about Heihachi of Tekken 3, Jinpachi of Tekken 5, Duke of KOF:MI and I-NO of Guilty Gear X-2.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
koji said:
2. Has anyone played Tekken? You finish the same tournament 10 times and get the special character. Then its done! No extra story.

Story...in a fighting? If you were searching for gripping narrative, you're obviously looking in the wrong place.

koji said:
3. The Budokai combos are easy to do, even the super ghost. The 10 Hit Combos in Tekken are really difficult and frustrating. Its the same with DOA, KOF and Street Fighter.

That is because Budokai blows. If you find an attack to be hard to pull off, just practice. Back when Street Fighter 2 was king of the arcade, people would practice for hours. Fighting games shouldn't be easy. They are possibly the greatest test of skill for a gamer. I'll have a f***ing aneurism if all fighting games started to be like any of that DBZ shit.

koji said:
4. Games like DOA, KOF, Street Fighter and Tekken (not only Budokai) dont have enough blood. Mortal Kombat has too much blood. But Bloody Roar is just right.

The games don't need blood. If you want blood, play God of War or Mortal Kombat.

koji said:
5. We're talking about Heihachi of Tekken 3, Jinpachi of Tekken 5, Duke of KOF:MI and I-NO of Guilty Gear X-2.

Okay, I actually agree with you on the cheap bosses. Akuma and Goro ring a bell.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
about 3 days ago i start playing Marvel vs Capcom on my old PSX again, i forgot how awsome it was and how much harder it is then Budokai... its a good game and the combos are so much harder to do in MvsC.... and its kinda cool how they don't give you the "here are your moves to use" thing in practice... cause now you have to figure them out slowly and when you learn a new move... the game gets better

Mighty

ANIMEKING26 said:

Character design...

Fighting your friends is usually where replayability lies in Fighting games...Though even some games have started to do more (Virtua Fighter 4)

You have to practice...

This is just a idiotic complaint.

The computer is programed to fight in different styles, much like each and every person has their stye of fighting, some are more cheap while some are more skillfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back