• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 Days FMV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't sometime ago, Nomura said there might be an opening FMV? But, is it possible to put something that graphically detailed on the DS? I mean the CGI scenes are already a lot for the DS to handle, but I could be wrong...

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Why not? Chain of Memories had a FMV at the end of it, and at the start too. If a Gameboy catridge can handle it, a DS should be able to do more and be better

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Ahh, I see your point... Well I still think the DS would be able to handle it

Ryuki90

I think DS can handle it, the audio is not bad, the graphics are not the worst either. It should be ok (knowing Square, anything is possible):wink:

A

Audo

You have it backwards.
All of the PS2-graphic level cutscenes are called FMVs
and the intros and endings are CGIs.

But yeah, Nomura said they were hoping to put one in. The DS has displayed them before, it isn't that big of a deal, lol. It's just playing a simple video file, which the DS can do.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
Chain of Memories had PS2 graphics for they're opening on the Gameboy and the DS is more highly advanced so yeah I would think they would have a CGI FMV.

Sora1915

Bronze Member
I think its possible, I mean they DID do it for FF IV and besides I think that would be awsome :3 Never underestimate the power of Square ^_^

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
There's a difference between CGI and FMV. FMV is of a lower quality.

Here's their previous 2 CGI
FF3

I think it can handle FMV.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
You have it backwards.
All of the PS2-graphic level cutscenes are called FMVs
and the intros and endings are CGIs.

But yeah, Nomura said they were hoping to put one in. The DS has displayed them before, it isn't that big of a deal, lol. It's just playing a simple video file, which the DS can do.

Untrue.

FMV = Full Motion Video. Or, anything prerecorded, regardless of whether it's PS2 quality or render farm quality. The opening and closing movies to KH2 were FMV, but the Heartless war scene was also FMV.

CGI = Computer Generated Imagery. Which, technically, includes all 3D computer animation, including that which is needed in real-time, though it usually refers to render farm-quality animation.

Awards
Untrue.

FMV = Full Motion Video. Or, anything prerecorded, regardless of whether it's PS2 quality or render farm quality. The opening and closing movies to KH2 were FMV, but the Heartless war scene was also FMV.

On that note, (just to point out) the entirety of cutscenes in Re:CoM were FMV's as well. They didn't need real time since Sora's keyblade doesn't have the option of changing and whatnot, and it's also why some people believe the graphics in Re:CoM cutscenes to be "better/clearer."
Those "PS2" cutscenes in Days will probably be the same.

evil_levi94

Hmm ... I wonder what the Days opening will include? (Roxas, obviously but more in detail ...)

slmcknett

it will probably have one, but not a different OP. it will probably have Sanctuary like KH2, because Re:CoM had Simple & Clean, and both games are bridge games (bridging 2 and 3, and 1 and 2 respectively). BBS will probably have a different OP though, because it's its own game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back